Thread: In which ways is Duality better than Activity?

Hybrid View

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    duals, semi duals, and illusionaries kinda correct each other. in a way you think the other person is kinda fucked up....yet you love and appreciate them. these relationships are on a corrective course.

with activity, you basically don't see anything wrong with them, they really can do no wrong. i def feel this way about any esfj i've been close to. so maybe what she is saying is that because of this, there is more support and loyalty between activity partners, whereas duals tend to see where the other person is flawed.
    Really? cause i thought that was supposed to be the case with duality. . .that duals dont see each other's flaws as flaws really.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Really? cause i thought that was supposed to be the case with duality. . .that duals dont see each other's flaws as flaws really.
    yeah theoretically duals are supposed to overlook your flaws and i think they do. but i was thinking more about real relations not the theory and i came back to it again and again....with esfj, i really don't see anything wrong with them. my my dual, semi dual or illusionary, i kinda do see stuff that's wrong and want to help them correct those problems. i see it coming at me as well from duals, semi duals, and illusionaries. it's the thing that energizes the relationship, this love hate, push-pull ultimately forgiving passionate relationship. hmmmmmm.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Creepy-male

The idea behind Duality is that you see things, you just don't pass judgement on them being negative or outright bad things when it's your Dual. Activity just gives you this sense of discreteness and normalness.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see what you guys are saying.

Also today i had this flash of insight:

With a dual, you get psychologically close enough that you not only see things that others may not, but also you feel comfortable criticizing (and you end up doing it in a way that makes the dual think "hmmm, yeah that's true i should work on that"). I guess that's how duals grow together.

With an activity, it's less close. Like someone said, it's like two independent people being good friends, but staying separate. Which isn't bad either, necessarily. I think though that problems would be more likely to simmer and perhaps more likelihood for passive aggression, no?

Assuming my insight is correct, that is. . .
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

yes, activity relations are very strong, and easy to begin because, in my case, ISTp's don't have the same hang ups that ESTj's have, which is waiting a long time to be sure about the person before they pursue the relationship, so these relations start fast and with ease.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'm not sure more loyal but activity relationships are a lot easier to start and maintain, especially friendships.

I can't easily start relationships with the SEI's I know because of all sort of fidelity issues and jealousies and intimacy start crossing our heads and eyes as we talk, and it's like everyone is looking at me and I get shy.

With my dual it's more like a moral imperative to get as close as possible.

TIM
    INTJ - intuitive sub
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The author seems to be basically saying your activation will always support you and by offering support activation tend to be more loyal to one another.
    For instance if you found yourself in an embarrasing situation your activation partner would offer immediate help when and where you needed it without you asking them nor would they expect anything in return. Complement is always good but not always supportive in the same manner. In my opinion the author is right.

Alpha examples: Extroverted intuition is an unconscious function within the ESE pysche but extroverted intuition is a conscious function for ILE. Metaphorically there is a door that ILE enter through all the time but ESE are completely oblivious to. ILE can basically show them the door and get them to act in new ways.

In my opinion, LII do not have the same effect due to the nature of their personality as introverts and ESE personality as extroverts.
    An ESE would want more objectivity from an LII to follow their actions. A ILE can present a more appealing offer to act by presenting it more objectively, thus appealing to the extroverted nature of a ESE. LII can be objective in an extroverted sense and prompt a ESE to act but this occurs spontaneously.

Introverted thinking is a conscious function within the LII pysche but introverted thinking is a unconscious function for SEI. LII have excellent analytical ability and can explain natural phenomena to SEI with ease and in great length and what SEI love is to be given the time to share their thoughts especially to such a proficient thinker such as LII (and they'll love you for it!!!*tip to all you ILE).

In my opinion, ILE do have the ability to analyze as excellently as LII, however, they do not have the patience to listen to people and help them think through their thoughts and that includes SEI. They can perform quiet acts of introversion in the sense of listening to a SEI but this occurs spontaneously.

Because ESE can turn to ILE regularly for support with their conscious functions and vice versa, they are loyal to one another. Because SEI can turn to LII regularly for support with their conscious function and vice versa, they are loyal to one another. In a duality, spontaneity feels nice but does not merit loyality to the same degree.

To put it into context: your a SEI and your having a conversation at a dinner table with your alpha friends. The ESE seems to argue your point. The ILE seems interested in making their own point. The LII asks you to elaborate your point further so as to make yourself fully understood. The ESE and ILE listen for a short while but lose interest and start their own conversation. Throughout the course of the night though you may drift from the LII you have an unspoken bond that you can always approach them at any given moment. Though you may always find the ILE attractive in some sense, but their interest in what you have to say may vary.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

My activity relation seems to be capable of very intense displays of loyalty but that may be because they have inferior Fe. When their feelings do come through it is very intense and so shows of loyalty are intense also. This may only be the case only for LSIs and LIIs though due to both having that inferior Fe.

I'm thinking that the author is picking up on propensity of activity relationships to do more and talk less. For me activity, duality, and mirage rank like this:
    mirage - prefer to talk to each other, end up talking a lot but doing little
    duality - talk some, do some, it's intermittent
    activity - prefer to do things but talk little, talking get tiring

So activity is like the opposite end of mirage relation. The author may be mis-interpreting the activity partner's greater readiness to help with a deed rather than a word as greater loyalty.