Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Ok, let's say I have two cakes. One is super-tasty delicious and looks even better than it tastes. The other is a pretty ok cake. Cake #1 takes a while to procure the ingredients and bake, and it can wind up not tasting super-fantastic crazy awesome because the cooking process is complex. The other is basically straightforward. So let's actually say cake #2 is like self-bake bread. Nourishing but nothing spectacularly delicious.

You're advocating to go with the bread over the cake, because the cake can go wrong and takes a while, even despite the fact that it is entirely superior in every conceivable way.

EDIT

And so I say you're a lunatic. Then again, I should theoretically have an easy time of finding my dual, since I have a) a dating site that's pretty much advertised as being for geeky Alphas b) experience with a dual c) many platonic dual friendships giving me a wide sample of what my duals look like and d) I'll be doing a degree in holy shit NT territory. Just gotta avoid the Gamma landmines, which might be a bit complicated.
Ok. But if the cake "can wind up not tasting super-fantastic crazy awesome because the cooking process is complex," then it wouldn't necessarily be "entirely superior in every conceivable way"?

Point taken though. I don't like the idea of settling for silver when I could have gotten gold. At least that's how I look at it. But I know some people that would settle, and be ok with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Attraction, my friend. It's part of every human's biological programming.

You know, much like death.
You mean physical? I don't know if that would account for everything, there are some people that are definitely attractive but I wouldn't want to be in the same room with them!