Thread: In which ways is Duality better than Activity?

Hybrid View

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Intro/extraversion difference: there's less "getting in each other's way" with respect to initiative for extroverts, and somebody will actually take the initiative for introverts.

Shared rationality: similar "rhythms", rationals may perceive irrationals as lackadaisical or flighty, irrationals may perceive rationals as uptight.

Overall, your strengths are more opposite too, so you more easily divide up the world into your domains.

Functionally, the mobilizing function can be quite stubborn which can lead to friction with the leading function of your activator. Less so with the creative function which is very flexible.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Functionally, the mobilizing function can be quite stubborn which can lead to friction with the leading function of your activator. Less so with the creative function which is very flexible.
    My experience in interactions with LSEs is a bit different: instead of my Mobilizing colliding with their Lead function, it seems that LSE take my use of Te as a sign that I can handle more work than I am already handling. Likewise, I seem to have to much expectations that they have the capability to follow my Ne ingights. This, in the long run, causes trouble: I cannot keep up with their expectations, and they cannot keep up with mine, and the relationship at some stage requires a break or a reset Paradoxically, your Activation partner will not protect you in the area of the needs of your Suggestive function, i.e. an LSE would protect an EII from overexerting themselves, but they do not protect an IEE in that respect. Likewise, an IEE would protect an SLI (or even an SEI) from Ne-overload, but they would not protect an LSE from such overload. Activators ignore each other's Suggestive needs.

That is why duality in the long run is better: your dual will not only protect you from neurotic use of your Mobilizing, they will take care of your Suggestive needs.

http://mavericksocionics.blogspot.co...stive-and.html
    http://mavericksocionics.blogspot.co...-function.html
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking