60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, 8s. Beyond that, NTR.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't mean to make this sound like a conflictor bash, but ESFps tend to be pretty high up there in my experience. Take the raw force of Se and pair it with something other than a Ti function that can reason the option of getting angry "away" and you get a pretty volatile combination.

LSIs don't get easily enraged. At all. They're usually calm and collected.
    I generally agree with this, but they are definitely easier to anger than most INxx types. They seem about moderate in this regard.

Also, what's up with everyone mentioning Rational types? If half of what the russian materials say is right these types are supposed to be better at controlling themselves and not giving in to random urges.

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    I don't mean to make this sound like a conflictor bash, but ESFps tend to be pretty high up there in my experience. Take the raw force of Se and pair it with something other than a Ti function that can reason the option of getting angry "away" and you get a pretty volatile combination.
    You probably take it more severely because you're INTj.

Also, what's up with everyone mentioning Rational types? If half of what the russian materials say is right these types are supposed to be better at controlling themselves and not giving in to random urges.
    It's more that rationals are convinced they have control over themselves, not that they actually do.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You probably take it more severely because you're INTj.
    Pick up any description of the ESFp type and you'll find it mentions they let their emotions run rampant. Its silly to assume the writers only meant positive ones.

Find me an actor that feels more in his element playing angry roles than this ESFp (Jack Nicholson):

It's more that rationals are convinced they have control over themselves, not that they actually do.
    Oh right, they fact they have strong rational functions to control their behavior is just a figment of their imagination.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think rationals have more to become temperamental about. Irrationals are pretty flexible.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pick up any description of the ESFp type and you'll find it mentions they let their emotions run rampant. Its silly to assume the writers only meant positive ones.
    Regardless, this doesn't mean everyone's affected by it the same way. Some types will take it worse than others, some may not be phased much at all.

Find me an actor that feels more in his element playing angry roles than this ESFp (Jack Nicholson):
    He's likely ENFj, but I think its pointless to use synthetic behavior (acting) as exemplifying one's type.

Oh right, they fact they have strong rational functions to control their behavior is just a figment of their imagination.
    Insolent retard.

From Jung's Psychological Types:
    I term the two preceding types rational or judging types because they are characterized by the supremacy of the reasoning and the judging functions. It is a general distinguishing mark of both types that their life is, to a [p. 453] large extent, subordinated to reasoning judgment. But we must not overlook the point, whether by 'reasoning' we are referring to the standpoint of the individual's subjective psychology, or to the standpoint of the observer, who perceives and judges from without. For such an observer could easily arrive at an opposite judgment, especially if he has a merely intuitive apprehension of the behaviour of the observed, and judges accordingly. In its totality, the life of this type is never dependent upon reasoning judgment alone; it is influenced in almost equal degree by unconscious irrationality. If observation is restricted to behaviour, without any concern for the domestic interior of the individual's consciousness, one may get an even stronger impression of the irrational and accidental character of certain unconscious manifestations in the individual's behaviour than of the reasonableness of his conscious purposes and motivations. I, therefore, base my judgment upon what the individual feels to be his conscious psychology.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regardless, this doesn't mean everyone's affected by it the same way. Some types will take it worse than others, some may not be phased much at all.
    And how is my reaction to the anger relevant here at all? Where do I even mention my reaction? There are solid arguments in favor of attributing a loose temper to the ESFp type. This has nothing to do with my personal attitude towards them.

He's likely ENFj, but I think its pointless to use synthetic behavior (acting) as exemplifying one's type.
    There's no way an intuitive type can manifest an Se attitude as easily and naturally as he constantly does throughout his acting carreer. You will not find support for this view with anyone.

nsolent retard.

Originally Posted by Jung's Psychological Types
    I term the two preceding types rational or judging types because they are characterized by the supremacy of the reasoning and the judging functions. It is a general distinguishing mark of both types that their life is, to a [p. 453] large extent, subordinated to reasoning judgment. But we must not overlook the point, whether by 'reasoning' we are referring to the standpoint of the individual's subjective psychology, or to the standpoint of the observer, who perceives and judges from without. For such an observer could easily arrive at an opposite judgment, especially if he has a merely intuitive apprehension of the behaviour of the observed, and judges accordingly. In its totality, the life of this type is never dependent upon reasoning judgment alone; it is influenced in almost equal degree by unconscious irrationality. If observation is restricted to behaviour, without any concern for the domestic interior of the individual's consciousness, one may get an even stronger impression of the irrational and accidental character of certain unconscious manifestations in the individual's behaviour than of the reasonableness of his conscious purposes and motivations. I, therefore, base my judgment upon what the individual feels to be his conscious psychology.
    Jung is outdated and so far removed from mainstream socionics that his works can in no way be used as indications of the facts in socionics. You may as well start proving your socionical views with Keirsey's work like Phaedrus did. I see you have already adopted his communication style, so you should be about halfway there.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn you, labcoat, now you'll have me dreaming about good SEE fight...

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And how is my reaction to the anger relevant here at all? Where do I even mention my reaction? There are solid arguments in favor of attributing a loose temper to the ESFp type. This has nothing to do with my personal attitude towards them.
    You initiated the claim by drawing from your own experience. The point is, not every type will see it the same way you do.

There's no way an intuitive type can manifest an Se attitude as easily and naturally as he constantly does throughout his acting carreer. You will not find support for this view with anyone.
    I don't see anything compellingly ego about it. He's a damn fine actor and he does value IMO, but beyond that there isn't much that can be said based on this video.

Jung is outdated and so far removed from mainstream socionics that his works can in no way be used as indications of the facts in socionics.
    Lol, okay. Source the claim or don't bother asserting it.

You may as well start proving your socionical views with Keirsey's work like Phaedrus did. I see you have already adopted his communication style, so you should be about halfway there.
    Your cadence and argument style match more closely to Phaedrus than mine does haha. Only difference is that I've never seen you use explicit ad hominem, just implied ones like "".

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rational extroverts.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    I think this is definitely true for xxTjs, but idk about xxFjs. I consider myself emotional cool and controlled, but I've found myself checked by others saying I need to calm down. When I get involved in argument, I lose sight of where my emotions go despite trying to stay objective. It might actually be Fe-role(ExTjs and not IxTjs).
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE anger doesn't really feel like anything, their emotions change so often it almost means nothing.

LSE on the other hand are more persistent, adamant, pushy, and control centered that the possibility of physical altercation is steadily high. Something to be taken abit more seriously in my book, although this could just be my own subjective conflictor bashing at work.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    SEE anger doesn't really feel like anything, their emotions change so often it almost means nothing.

LSE on the other hand are more persistent, adamant, pushy, and control centered that the possibility of physical altercation is steadily high. Something to be taken abit more seriously in my book, although this could just be my own subjective conflictor bashing at work.
    nah, I agree. LSEs are less changing about their positions. LSEs build up a bit and explode into a rage and they can hold a grudge for a while just smoldering, and become very touchy. SEEs can have a temper, but it usually seems like a gut reaction that didn't mean much a few moments later.
    3w4-5w6-9w8