Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Type with the worst temper

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type with the worst temper

I don´t know if I am putting this in the right words, but I´ve been told LSI is probably the type with the shortest irritation margin, which means, it is the type which can get inflamed and outraged the most easily, or at least easier than LSE.

Is there such a thing as a type with a shortest temper? I don´t see SLE as that btw.

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSIs don't get easily enraged. At all. They're usually calm and collected. They easily keep feelings of irritation under control (subdued ) and don't see the point in changing the status of their energy levels (IJ temperament) [EDIT: or in expending energy on something as unnecessary as an emotional outburst]. One of their main roles is to passivate their emotionally volatile EIE duals.

Which is why when they (or any IJ) erupt in anger it can be extra scary, it being so sudden and realizing something really bad must have triggered it.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how is it that you are LSI now?(what made you switch typings?)

yeah, beta STs arent hot headed, its LSE with their demonstrative Se.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say S > N, and 2d Fe. So ESTx. LSE > SLE because of devalued Fe. ESI is probably a step ahead of SLE.

edit: actually sensing serious rationals (LSE/ESI) are probably it.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSE hands down, followed by EIE.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    NotINotNNotFNotj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    LSE hands down, followed by EIE.
    Why are LSEs short-tempered?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by norph View Post
    Why are LSEs short-tempered?
    They expect others to be like them, at least the less mature ones. They want others to work, be efficient, follow their tuition, to a T and they have a poor understanding of the individual human characteristics and nature, so they assume, judge, and are rigid. Plus they like to have control over their environment and the way things are working, flowing. Breaking the above requirements, or being in the moment where a person is not attentive and paying attention, causes them to snap.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSIs act irritated all the time, so everyone considers it normal and it's surprising when they get really upset, yes.

I don't think temper is type related, by the way.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the real answer to this question is type 8s and 1s.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

8>1
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    LSIs don't get easily enraged. At all. They're usually calm and collected. They easily keep feelings of irritation under control (subdued ) and don't see the point in changing the status of their energy levels (IJ temperament). One of their main roles is to passivate their emotionally volatile EIE duals.

Which is why when they (or any IJ) erupt in anger it can be extra scary, it being so sudden and realizing something really bad must have triggered it.
    This.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fixated E8s

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSIs don't get easily enraged. At all. They're usually calm and collected. They easily keep feelings of irritation under control (subdued ) and don't see the point in changing the status of their energy levels (IJ temperament) [EDIT: or in expending energy on something as unnecessary as an emotional outburst]. One of their main roles is to passivate their emotionally volatile EIE duals.

This reply from JRXTES made a lot of sense to me, from the LSIs I know personally, they´re just like this. Very hard to put into an outrage. This matched how I see Germans in general as being very hard to put into outrage, and this was said by another forum member who lived there I think Pinnochio. This could serve as a line of reasoning since Germany is so much LSI and I think we have most people here agreeing on this starting by German members of the forum.

I´m not easy to get into anger but my treshold is a lot lower than LSIs I know, basically my uncle and a psychiatrist doc who´s a friend of mine whom I´ve seen being publicly offended in loud voice and not losing his cool temper. I imagine what would my uncle be like when he actually got enraged. He´d probably pull a 45 out of his back and shoot the offender right on or something like that. In my 28 years of life I don´t remember him losing his cool, german-like behavior.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Types with strong Se (aside from Si dominants) have, from what I've seen, the most hot tempers.
    From a personal perspective I find Beta Se's to be the scariest when in this state since they go into command mode and enforce intimidating tactics with little regard for the affect it has on others (Fi+Si devaluing)

Example of an LSI caught going insane

My LSI father has also gone into this sort of explosive tangent though they're less frequent since he became religious (Ni comforting I suppose)
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    Types with strong Se (aside from Si dominants) have, from what I've seen, the most hot tempers.
    From a personal perspective I find Beta Se's to be the scariest when in this state since they go into command mode and enforce intimidating tactics with little regard for the affect it has on others (Fi+Si devaluing)
    Lol, PoLR. ego are kind of cute and amusing when they get angry, but maybe its just me.

Example of an LSI caught going insane
    YouTube - christian bale rant
    What is that from? He sounds like a total pussy. Listen to the cracks in his voice and how his tone weakens periodically throughout.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we need to specify what "worst temper" means.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably not a surprise since Se is your Polr. I was getting upset with my ILI friend over some Fe polr issue which was sparked mainly by something that happened maybe 6 months ago and I had enough and said "wait, let me finish" while she was talking and my EII friend just was sooooo shocked.....I guess they are just so sensitive to Se.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    So funny. Whenever I listen to this I try to imagine how the people I know would react. I'd imagine I'd be shocked & confused by his behavior at first, and as it went on I'd most likely roll my eyes by default, while finding it difficult not to burst out into inappropriate laughter. If I knew him, I'd probably try to coax him to chill out. I think my EII sister would probably freeze & start mumbling while attempting to keep the tears from roiling out, then escape at any possible moment.
    That makes a lot of sense;you guys don't seem to get as easily offended or take things so personally, so i can see how that is majorly beneficial with having Se+Ti's as duals
    I generally act the same way your sister dose when people are in this type of angry, combative, mode, it's down right terrifying
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is an article about it written by Gulenko. I can translate if anybody wants.
    According to Gulenko that would be: EII, LSI, EIE, LSE.
    However he writes not about temper but about being stress resistant. EIIs, LSIs, EIEs and LSEs cannot handle stress at all when compared to SLE, IEI, SLI, IEE < these are types that can resist stress the best.
    Sincerely Yours,

Beyond the clouds. Beyond the sun.

The Rebel without a cause.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That makes a lot of sense;you guys don't seem to get as easily offended or take things so personally
    are you familiar with the same IEI sociotype as I am? LOL.

TIM
    NotINotNNotFNotj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree with everything here.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a horrible temper.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I have a horrible temper.
    Please explain
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um, how is that? And what about Te pairing?
    The same would go for it. I'm not the one attributing bad tempers to Exxj types.

Quite a lot of ESTjs that I come across are a lot like this forum's Director Abbie. Calm and civil, not inclined to fly into a rage at all. Bad tempers aren't exactly universal in that type either.

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    The same would go for it. I'm not the one attributing bad tempers to Exxj types.
    Even if some ENXj had a horrible temper and was a bossy, domineering prick in his public life, maybe when he goes home he gets fucked in the ass by his wife. You can't use people's publicly observable behavior as a gauge of victim/aggressor attitudes I don't think.

Quite a lot of ESTjs that I come across are a lot like this forum's Director Abbie. Calm and civil, not inclined to fly into a rage at all. Bad tempers aren't exactly universal in that type either.
    I agree with bad tempers not being universal to the type.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to illustrate some things I've been saying in this thread, here's scene with a conversation between two people of which I type both the actors and the characters as ESTj (guy with hat) and ESFp (guy first standing in corner):

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem is that ESTj's temper commonly comes out unintentionally and instinctively. Everything you see on the forum is intentional and thought out.

Effective communication is a focal point for Te types. There's no reason to show anger.
    Last edited by Azeroffs; 07-05-2010 at 06:23 AM.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    The problem is that ESTj's temper commonly comes out unintentionally and instinctively.
    The ESTj operations manager at my old job was like this. His anger would come out uncontrollably and he'd get all red-faced and be yelling about whatever. And yet, I'd find myself un-reactive to it and just kind of stand there looking at him like "are you done yet, can we move on?" I couldn't take it seriously and found it kind of pathetic, which I think was due to the fact he obviously lacked self-control. Though I also wondered if he suffered a few too many hits to the head when he worked as a bouncer and hospital orderly...

Effective communication is a focal point for Te types. There's no reason to show anger, ever.
    I believe there's a time and place for righteous anger. But should be something felt out of conviction, not just flying off the handle and reacting.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

The problem is that ESTj's temper commonly comes out unintentionally and instinctively. Everything you see on the forum is intentional and thought out.

Effective communication is a focal point for Te types. There's no reason to show anger.
    There's no point or reason for the anger, but there are a few.
    1. to mobilize me, their dual in a critical situation, because if too many things happen at once, I will be unable to focus on the most important thing, I get confused and distracted. Their sudden anger gets me centered and paying attention. This rage doesn't really bother them. It doesn't bother me....I grew up with my dual...I love her and this only hapends when she feels that she doesn't have control of a situation, which she likes to have. Which is fine with me, but she also understands that I care about people first not "control of situations" because those are objects not subjects.

2. They grumble when they are ready to accept information from me.

3. They get angry when dealing with irrational types, because they don't get the proper response for their communication.
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The problem is that ESTj's temper commonly comes out unintentionally and instinctively.
    I would describe LSE anger as one that can explode in an instant with a huge intensity and that will then last over long period of time if something isn't done about it. Also, as time passes, it builds up again and could lead to another explosion if nothing is done. I do think it is more likely that it would start as a build up however.

Basically LSEs have a certain expectancy of the way all things should be (Te-base) which can easily lead to irritation. They have weak control over their emotions and devalue emotional atmosphere (Fe-Role) and even weaker awareness of how they affect others(Fi-DS) which can easily result in being carried away by strong emotions. Also, tend to have short-termed and reactive mind-set that often neglects consequences and gives in to instinct.

What this gives you is someone who has relatively very little emotional control combined with a person who is prone to irritation.

They 'know' how things are supposed to be, and if things don't go that way there is little keeping the irritation from boiling over and exploding out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Airborne View Post
    I also think E8 has the worst temper. E1 has the most of rage but it erupts from time to time, E8 is confrontational all the time but not necessarily enraged.
    You've said it all for me.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I can't even imagine you being angry, Abbie.
    You haven't seen me see my SLE brother put his feet on my stuff.

My temper usually explodes without notice and is gone the next minute. It's for scaring people into behaving.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSIs don't get easily enraged. At all. They're usually calm and collected. They easily keep feelings of irritation under control (subdued )...
    LSI are Betas which means their Fe isn't subdued or am I wrong?
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Plynex View Post
    I think you´re right, from theory Betas have subdued Fi not Fe, But he might be referring to the fact that LSIs in particular are Fe-valuing and are unable to generate much Fe by themselves, for this they use their dual ENFj, which has much Fe.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

types i've seen fly off the handle:

LII
    ESE
    SLE
    EII
    ESI
    EIE
    ILE

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Plynex View Post
    It's their dual seeking function. They can't generate much of it but their dual does. They like to be in environments where there is lots of it so they can use their Ti to bring objectivity/clarification/system building to that environment, which is something Fe dominants sincerely appreciate.

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat
    I generally agree with this, but they are definitely easier to anger than most INxx types. They seem about moderate in this regard.
    Yes true. Anyway I don't think the type of casual anger that is the topic of this thread is just an Se phenomenon. It seems to peak at Se + Fe + Te and extroverted temperaments more than introverted ones.

What's more LSI's Se is pretty much under the control of their Ti.

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes true. Anyway I don't think the type of casual anger that is the topic of this thread is just an Se phenomenon. It seems to peak at Se + Fe + Te and extroverted temperaments more than introverted ones.
    With Se being a purveyor and Fe + Te potentially acting as strong catalysts.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's more LSI's Se is pretty much under the control of their Ti.
    totally true, ime.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    NotINotNNotFNotj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cannot see Airborne as LSE.

Also, I challenge Airborne to a duel if he disagrees.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne View Post
    I don´t know if I am putting this in the right words, but I´ve been told LSI is probably the type with the shortest irritation margin, which means, it is the type which can get inflamed and outraged the most easily, or at least easier than LSE.

Is there such a thing as a type with a shortest temper? I don´t see SLE as that btw.
    LSE get impatient when people don't follow their tuition and when they don't use common sense and rationality to figure things out. LSI are not as expectant of what others do and how they do it, as well as not as likely to lose their temper because they can repeat and babysit the person they want something to do, constantly. LSE blow up in rage. LSI are not like LSE, they don't use any Fe, LSE can use Fe, in the form of finding funny words to say and the right punctuations in a sentence to make a saying sound funny. LSI look for people who use Fe.

LSI are melancholic looking on the outside. LSE don't like being in that state for long.
    -

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

1: Other-Hating
    2: Other-Hating
    3: Other-Hating
    4: Self-Hating