Hybrid View

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ni-leadings vs Se PoLRs

Well I can get these people mixed up in terms of how they come across ... erm so what are some ways they generally come across physically that differ from each other? Real life examples would be great.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamicism View Post
    The difference between Se PoLR and Ni leading is pretty overt to me... hmm I'll try to post pictures/videos later.
    Awesome!

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe the big difference here is -DS and -PoLR.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se as a vulnerable (4th) function (LII and EII)

The individual tends to overreact to aggressive or confrontational behavior, taking it as a personal threat when it may only be a knee-jerk reaction or the result of a bad mood.

He tends to avoid intruding on others' space or engaging in behavior that may be perceived as coercive, and tries hard to handle his needs by being disciplined and well-prepared himself - rather than relying on others to do things for him. If these strategies fail, his efforts at dealing with the resulting conflict make him look actively pushy in a way that appears awkward and unnatural to others. This opens him up to painful criticism and feelings of weakness and helplessness.

He is able to moralize and instruct others about what they should do and why, but he is not prepared for others' active resistance or refusal to do as he says. In his mind, this would require him to put aside reason and good feelings and simply make the other person do what is necessary. This is extremely difficult, if not impossible, for him to do.

Se as a suggestive (5th) function (IEI and ILI)

The individual is often characterized by his inertia. If left to his own devices, he may choose to do relatively little to interact with the outside world. When he does interact with the outside world, he often finds his activities to be empty and unfulfilling. To this individual, life is often characterized by periods of stimulation. For him, however, true stimulation is often spontaneous, and interludes between periods of stimulation are often characterized by tedium, inertia, and apathy. He is often not very adept at finding new areas of interest, and may seek to continue to reproduce past experiences instead of moving on to new things. In order to break out of this cycle, he requires an outside stimulus of spontaneity and activity. With such a degree of spontaneity introduced into his life, the tedium and perceived meaninglessness is replaced by a constant state of activity in which he can experience new things and escape from the confines of his own mind.

He is additionally very indecisive. He may lack the ability to make important decisions, especially with regards to his own future. He may know what he wants to achieve out of life in a broad or long term sense, but will find it very difficult to set and finish the short term projects leading to it. In order to be able to act, he needs a tangible and definite stimulus from somebody well grounded in external reality and who has a clear picture of what must be done in a certain situation.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks, Crispy! (c:

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewZ View Post
    I believe the big difference here is -DS and -PoLR.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

exquisite description. Two ILEs I know demonstrate this by an angry overreaction to physical encounters (i.e. excessive force).

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    The difference between Se PoLR and Ni leading is pretty overt to me... hmm I'll try to post pictures/videos later.

One distinction will be IJ vs. IP temperament.
    Ni leading are concerned about time and how it is running and are able to stay in or time related topics for a long time, where Se PoLRs don't want to stay there. Se PoLR means that for a brief period of time the person can discuss the events that flowed through time or are flowing through, but not for long, just as a momentary thing. For instance, you will catch me saying things like, "O I wish it didn't happen that way" (lementing over a past event) or saying that something will happen later, but not for long, that just happends subconsciously, as in I can't really control when I'm about to say something that ties with time or discussion with time. I don't know if Ni primary are prone to long reflective time, I certainly don't prefer it.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    Well I can get these people mixed up in terms of how they come across ... erm so what are some ways they generally come across physically that differ from each other? Real life examples would be great.
    Ni leading: soft, careless
    Se polr: alerted, touchy
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a good thread. I was thinking of Se polr and tendency to manipulate people (instead of just telling them what to do). I think there could be a connection. I don't necessary mean manipulative in a negative sense.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Ni leading: soft, careless
    "

Semi agree, but not precise or meaningful really.
    Ip vs Ij temperament is better and easier to recognize.

Sometimes people want me to be alerted and touchy and I put myself into that state but can't do it outside of the situation and naturally fall into what Te types call "laziness". ILI's and SLI's annoy me because of their "soft" or careless yet Te/perfection state. There is no such thing for and I can never appease these people and they get annoyed when I stop trying to. Many people don't seem to appreciate indiduality/differentitation and intertype relations always win over time. Bitches...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Michael Jackson was ENFj

NF's in interview like setting are really easy to mix up because of how easily they can fall into periods of using or displaying Ni, Fe, Fi and Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Eminem = ESTj imo.
    He does look like and EStj - I give this as supporting evidence that the Beatels could all be Delta, creative and hardworking

Quote Originally Posted by jughead View Post
    "Ni leading: soft, careless
    "

Semi agree, but not precise or meaningful really.
    Ip vs Ij temperament is better and easier to recognize.

Sometimes people want me to be alerted and touchy and I put myself into that state but can't do it outside of the situation and naturally fall into what Te types call "laziness". ILI's and SLI's annoy me because of their "soft" or careless yet Te/perfection state. There is no such thing for and I can never appease these people and they get annoyed when I stop trying to. Many people don't seem to appreciate indiduality/differentitation and intertype relations always win over time. Bitches...
    Actually, the softness is what attracts me to ILI and SLI types, benefitiary relations can be very warm and supportive, but they put too much train on unvalued functions, for me, that would be Ni
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html