Thread: Advantages of IP temperament

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Advantages of IP temperament

Can someone name some advantages of IP temperament.

I sometimes wish I was an extravert so I wouldn't be totally exhausted when I get home from work.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sounds like a "grass is greener on the other side" type worries, in that you probably can't see the positive aspects of possessing something since you never knew what it's like to live without it.
    Ip's have a lot of qualities that I'm sure extroverts would be envious of, like being able to easily rest but also be open to flexibility as well as being content during inactive periods and times of solitude
    You can also avoid a lot more mistakes in life, compared to extroverts who often waste energy and overlook obstacles that could be avoided if they took the time to stop and reflect before they moved forward
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    It sounds like a "grass is greener on the other side" type worries, in that you probably can't see the positive aspects of possessing something since you never knew what it's like to live without it.
    Ip's have a lot of qualities that I'm sure extroverts would be envious of, like being able to easily rest but also be open to flexibility as well as being content during inactive periods and times of solitude
    You can also avoid a lot more mistakes in life, compared to extroverts who often waste energy and overlook obstacles that could be avoided if they took the time to stop and reflect before they moved forward
    yes it is grass is greener on the other side thing :-)

But you are right, those are some interesting benefits.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ip temperaments help me slow my brain down, which I appreciate because my mind is always in a constant state of buzzing.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    Can someone name some advantages of IP temperament.

I sometimes wish I was an extravert so I wouldn't be totally exhausted when I get home from work.
    I am an extravert and I'm totally exhausted when i get home too. You're not missing out. . .

The reason I like IP's is that they're usually willing to hear me out, which often many dont have the patience to do, though i'm not sure it's really solely an IP thing.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Advantages of IP temperament: you don't give a fuck about anything, people do shit for you, getting up to pee becomes an exciting pastime, you sit in an electric wheelchair and go outside with some punch to get some sun

Oh wait I think that's called being really old. Never mind.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol
    The end is nigh

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Why are you doing a job that makes you exhausted? Why don't you try earning money doing something that aligns better with your natural strengths?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Why are you doing a job that makes you exhausted? Why don't you try earning money doing something that aligns better with your natural strengths?
    In this economy?

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why don't you try earning money doing something that aligns better with your natural strengths?
    They don't allow me welfare because my bankaccount is too big.
    Last edited by Jarno; 06-22-2010 at 11:38 PM.

Logical vegetable Existential Potato's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because all places of employment will not be enjoyable discounting the experiences you have that aren't related to the job at hand, regardless of whether or not your interests or strengths are relevant to the subject matter of the job?

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For ILIs and SLI's in food crises you will be more efficient at spending energy.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe quicker adaptation in dangerous environments
    cuz of this "Ip's have a lot of qualities that I'm sure extroverts would be envious of, like being able to easily rest but also be open to flexibility as well as being content during inactive periods and times of solitude
    You can also avoid a lot more mistakes in life, compared to extroverts who often waste energy and overlook obstacles that could be avoided if they took the time to stop and reflect before they moved forward "

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find that being IP temperament actually helps me work really hard in times when I absolutely have to get stuff done because I know how to monitor my energy levels and rest when I need to in order to have the energy to push myself in a certain situation. Besides that IPs tend to be very flexible (...in bed) and easily adapt to the situation around them, which is a really important skill not only in interpersonal areas ("go with the flow" people are easier to get along with) but also in some corporate fields, such as project management (my ILI aunt is a project manager), where you have a different environment every few weeks. Also, it tends to lend itself to introspection, which can significantly improve the quality of action when it does occur.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    ("go with the flow" people are easier to get along with)
    Unless you're an EJ trying to get a group project done

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's nice to hear these reasons for why it's good to be IP. I keep feeling sort of down on myself lately on not accomplishing a lot of my longterm goals.

I can agree that I've avoided a lot of missteps that my friends have made. It's not vanity. I know I've missed out on some newness or experience, too.

It's sooooo great to see the conserving energy with falling-into-rest-easily as a good thing. LOL