Hybrid View

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default Te/Ti Let's clear things up

My boss is Ti he will create a system after a system for doing things and won't care one bit about my own system because his system is superior always to my own way of doing something. He is an absolute Czar of systems, he doesn't give two cents about what methods (Te) need to be employed within a system he creates to make it run efficiently (Te) or productively (Te) and will usually not do any of the small and mundane work (Te) within the system/ways of doing something (Ti) that he creates; so take for example the mail; at my work place, he create a system: the mail will be opened by him and then will be divided, by him to the other departments. Now the system that he creates needs work (Te); after a week of doing the work, he falls lazy and behind on the work not taking care of opening the mail and disbursing it to the different departments; Te is the person who would step in and take care of the routine task of meticulously opening the mail and handing it to different departments with lots of care and attention -day after day after day, with happiness and gladness; while Ti person would fall lazy and drop the method, but will get very upset if someone contradicts his system or try to change it; only Ti can evaluate their own system of doing things, they will accept suggestions, but instead of changing the methods within the system, as in handing off duties to someone else who will take care of the mundane Te related work and tasks, Ti will create another system, this other system will be: Office manager (another person involved in the new system) will take care of opening the mail and disbursing it. Again, Ti doesn't care about managing mundane task, so if office manager falls behind on the work then Te will not enforce a policy to fire or rehire a new office manager with better workability, instead will create another system or will add system upon system like, shared duty of opening the mail between office manager and receptionist; what happens with Ti is that all of these systems without Te (combining and efficiency, productivity and working) will not work well unless they get lucky and create a system and hire a Te worker to take care of the work that needs to get done because they won't do it or they will fall short and fall behind. Now Si in service of Te sometime looks like Ti but it isn't because even though SiTe (SLI) will get lazy and bored, given a task or project they really like, they will do meticulous and good strong work at it. My Ti boss will go wrong when he assumes that the customer would have liked him to use the best system/way of handling the care of his patient despite getting consent so will sometimes F up and not get the proper consent to do a procedure because he instituted a system (the best way of doing something) in assumption that that is the best way of going about doing it -this can backfire on Ti people because not everyone sees their way as the best way and their actions can cause them to move on assumptions that they are right and are doing the best thing possible. We've had customers who said, "look, you are the professional here, but your way is not the best way for me." But my boss didn't think about it that way, he is the system maker, he does or follows a protocol of systems in his own mind that makes sense for the recourse or action. This is why Ti will fail to consider other people's ways only going by their own way, which to others, especially other Irrational types, seems too rigid, too strict, nonsense, etc.

Te enjoys looking at the details of the task while keeping the big picture in mind; Ti keeps a big picture in mind and does not do or even conveniently abandons small tasks. Organization is Te; Ti is not involved in the internal workings of order and only concentrates on the external perameters of a task.

I have noticed that with Te, they organize my thoughts very well while if I have scattered and tidbit thoughts, a Ti will ask me to organize them first before addressing them.

Te likes to tell people how to do things or they employe the best method in doing something themselves, called algorythmic thinking; if you are annoyed by people telling you how to do something then you probably do not value Te. If you think you are a Te type then you would most likely like being told how the best way to do something is because you ignore Ti you don't take it into account so you may miss a system:

Example, My dual cousin is great at maticulous work. When the floor guys came in to install the new tile, she couldn't figure out the system (the way they should go about in doing the work). I told her the steps or the system which was:

Example of Ti in work... So Ti identifys the system or the steps/ways but doesn't actually do the work; Te does the work within the system.
    1. Have them lay the tile.
    2. Have them grout.
    3. Have them seal the grout.
    4. Cover the floors and do the other small work that needs to get done.

Her SiTe husband got to her before I did so this is how the work went without my Ti involvement:

1. They lay the tile.
    2. They grouted the tile.
    3. They put up the appliances and covered part of the tiles that now can not be reached to seal. -They F-d up here
    4. The floor was not covered to do the other work around the home... -They F-d up here again

SUCH A BAD SYSTEM HER HUSBAND IMPLIMENTED...WHY? BECAUSE HE'S SiTe....ahhh. This F-up caused double the work because the grout got damaged by the use of a bad system in doing something.

Anyone else have good examples of Ti/Te?
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-05-2010 at 05:33 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ti seems to deconstruct logic and facts to better itself in some construct, as though it were to be translated and fit into a larger scheme, to where it can no longer or have difficulty being rephrased in back in English and details, where as Te seems to always keep these facts in mind, and keeping them separate, without letting them merge into some larger more abstract notion or language. When Ti comes up, it's sort of the pop-up that asks "are you sure you want to merge? this will make 0fisherun4xo.lol run faster but the code will no longer be accessible."

In work, the purpose of such Te in dominance is to have these factoids and keep them in mind in aiding one's mind focus on efficiency, where as a Ti dominant has some specific purpose in mind for the transformation and reconfiguration of information to a system, in hope that one doesn't have to focus their mind to efficiency. They're both potentially productive.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Here's another really good example:

In building a home; Ti will oversee the division of the labor amongst professionals. Keeps on top of the professionals that do the work, not the work and how it's being done.

Te will oversee the details of the plans and keep on top of the details of the work not on top of the professionals that do the work...will frequently discuss what is being done to get things done.

This is why Te always produces a better result (and higher standards) then Ti in my opinion.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, and of course in your example of Ti it should be noted that there is indeed a process going on, but it's a lot more internal, and especially able to be internalized, which triggers that "it's ok, everything is working well" on the inside. "It fits with code and standard; it fits my internal expectations of what makes sense."

My LSI friend wouldn't even care if various technicalities don't work out well, she will be glad that it all is sorted out between the conglomeration and everything finally makes sense, and she doesn't have to deal with it any more. She'll be glad that is wasn't entirely negative as a whole. When you get to her own art and design however, that's more a sensorial thing, and she will get all over it to make sure it's visually perfect and up to expectation, but that the technicalities are fine on the inside and she doesn't have to think about all of the ways to make it easier, which in turn makes it harder for her to focus. She tries not to worry about efficiency basically, she'd rather use as many resources as she can to get it right, and stick to a basic outline (which is the accepted Ti system of operation). Even if I propose a more efficient solution, she will reject it. If she does have to do it herself, she won't want to teach anyone, she'd rather get it over with and not pay heed to this "outer" affair that doesn't involve her activity of focus.

Te-PoLR is one of the most annoying things I've come into contact with. My LSI friend here is married to an IEI, and often I try to make sense of things using facts and occurrences, and he will try to read into the background of any situation and say if it makes sense according to his perception of how things are supposed to go. So basically "No that doesn't make sense, can't you see?" and me, "Uh, wut? I see perfectly. You seem to be blind." And him, "Oh yeah, well you seem to be stupid." Then me basically having the feeling that talking to this person is completely useless and he misses really key defining details that change everything in perspective, and he'll just go on with his wacky ideas. A lot of IEIs on this forum, and for some reason I wouldn't be surprised if you have no idea what I'm talking about. You probably see it more from the reject-loser perception of Fe-PoLR shinning in dark rust from the other side.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Te-PoLR is one of the most annoying things I've come into contact with. My LSI friend here is married to an IEI, and often I try to make sense of things using facts and occurrences, and he will try to read into the background of any situation and say if it makes sense according to his perception of how things are supposed to go. So basically "No that doesn't make sense, can't you see?" and me, "Uh, wut? I see perfectly. You seem to be blind." And him, "Oh yeah, well you seem to be stupid." Then me basically having the feeling that talking to this person is completely useless and he misses really key defining details that change everything in perspective, and he'll just go on with his wacky ideas. A lot of IEIs on this forum, and for some reason I wouldn't be surprised if you have no idea what I'm talking about. You probably see it more from the reject-loser perception of Fe-PoLR shinning in dark rust from the other side.
    Oh go fuck yourself polikujm. =D

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And he doesn't give as good of advice as some of you IEI.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So apparently Maritsa is the only EII who hates Te.

Get it right, bitch: you're EIE.