EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/632148-post20.html

Diana's post here is really good:

Diana:

Te never shuts up. They have to show off every little piece of information they have no matter how little you care about it, and don't even notice if you fall asleep while they're talking, when you wake up again, they'll still be going on. That's really only the extreme Te, very unbalanced ones, regular ones don't do that, because they're tempered with more Fe-awareness.

I once differentiated Te and Ti by calling Te "information collecting" and Ti "information sifting" and that works, even for the balanced well-rounded Te types - they have great stores of knowledge they've collected, and they want to share it, subconsicously looking for Fi-type judging and sorting of the info.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maritsa i didn't say mercutio was demonstrating Se; i said that messing with forum members is what mercutio does. i've seen it again and again....it's kinda funny.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    maritsa i didn't say mercutio was demonstrating Se; i said that messing with forum members is what mercutio does. i've seen it again and again....it's kinda funny.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    No, that's bullshit. Se's purpose in life is not to drive people crazy, it has nothing to do with meanness. He's just giving himself a bad name and a bad wrap by acting out like a child and purposefully trying to say contrary things to hurt my feelings when I believe that he is not anything he claims to be...
    Seems more Merry to me...

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

really?
    In particular, it seems to fit with HA (which implies EP temperament). Clumsy enough to offend people, but still effective enough to make others have fun...

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I've been thinking is this: Te is not facts per se... (many things could be called "facts") however, aversion by Te ego types to Fe does, I think, lead them to avoid disagreements. Te types do not oft respect opinion... only fact. In general, Te ego types try to avoid disagreement, which naturally leads them toward fact.

Te the function has nothing to do with fact... however, valued Te as everything to do with it.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree. Te values are all about being interested in facts that pertain to your real situation.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ti - finding correlations between things.
    Te -arguing your point really well.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ti - finding correlations between things.
    Te -arguing your point really well.
    No.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    No.
    why not?
    -

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why not?
    Because Te is not "arguing your points really well." That has nothing to do with Te in and of itself, but more to do with what you as an (presumably) EII can process easier.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Because Te is not "arguing your points really well." That has nothing to do with Te in and of itself, but more to do with what you as an (presumably) EII can process easier.
    I agree. But it seems like Maritsa is on to something: Te does not "argue its points very well"; rather, it only makes points that can be argued well, with lots of supporting factual data.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Te types are factual because they avoid Fe, then does that mean something for the other functions as well? What is Ne because it avoids Se, or vice versa?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is Ne because it avoids Se, or vice versa?
    Relatively unconcerned with its effect on the world at large in favor of wanting control over highly personal matters. (probably better explained as Si values vs. Se values, though)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123