Thread: Te/Ti Let's clear things up

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    Cleaning. Yes. I see your meaning now. You should have said so in the beginning, you know.
    Te is great at organizing events, great at organizing work, great at organizing scattered thought...
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

context is king
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    Te blocked with Si, that is, Te that deals with short-term change, need not necessarily be associated with high levels of risk or uncertainty. The LSE who fixes a car knows how changing the parts of the engine will affect how the engine runs, which does not necessarily involve risk. Or the SLI who installs an air conditioner in just the right spot, to keep the house cool. There are plenty of examples of change in practical situations that don't involve significant risk or uncertainty, but they're mostly smaller, short-term changes.
    I could see your point from that angle. I guess I just have a problem with your wording.

From my point of view Te+Si wouldn't do much witnessing of changes and probably would try to have more of a direct influence in changing their surroundings. Witnessing and standing back while things change around you sounds too "passive" and uninvolved to be associated with Te + Si.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Organize:
    1 : to cause to develop an organic structure
    2 : to form into a coherent unity or functioning whole : integrate <trying to organize her thoughts>
    3 a : to set up an administrative structure for b : to persuade to associate in an organization; especially : unionize
    4 : to arrange by systematic planning and united effort

I've been using "organize" as a synonym for "categorize" or "classify". I suppose you're right, Maritsa, in that Te types have the ability to manipulate and affect the external aspects of the dynamic, changing world, to make it do what they want it to do and achieve their desired goals.

However, their focus is on actions and methods, not on logical classification. They care about results, not systems.
    Quaero Veritas.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leckysupport View Post
    I could see your point from that angle. I guess I just have a problem with your wording.

From my point of view Te+Si wouldn't do much witnessing of changes and probably would try to have more of a direct influence in changing their surroundings. Witnessing and standing back while things change around you sounds too "passive" and uninvolved to be associated with Te + Si.
    Well, blame that on my naturally passive IJ way of describing things.
    Quaero Veritas.

context is king
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    Well, blame that on my naturally passive IJ way of describing things.
    Well, I associate passivity and uninvolved-ness with Ni too... I think your description would be more right for LIEs than for LSEs.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Your BS is misleading, Rod's alighns perfectly with Filatova and Socioniko.

Thinking up ways of doing things is organizing...Te does not only come up with ways of working but also it works very well, very much unlike Ti sometimes.

Where in the description of Filatova's here do you see Ti organizing?...

He is able to rationally and adequately choose the best of the available systems or dogmas and to fight for its implementation uncompromisingly up to the point of impertinence. He categorically rejects everything that cannot fit into this system, and perfects it to its ideal state. He is very consistent in the realization of his system, even when it comprises inconstancy. In this way Talleyrand succeeded in occupying the highest positions under Bourbons, the Convent, the Directory, Napoleon, and once again under Bourbons, and finally died prosperous and rich, which he has always strived for.
    Krig is not spewing bullshit. There is a noticeable discrepancy between Rod and Augusta's descriptions of Te.

Are you out of you mind...how can it not...who will?

If dual pairs ESTj/INFj neither organize then I guess they live in filth and mess right?
    This is a strawman argument. There is no messy/filth or organized/clean information element. There is no guarantee for any dual pair that they will have one partner concerned with a cleanly organized living environment. This is not necessarily present in an LSE/EII couple either. So your assertion that Te must be an organizing IE because otherwise a LSE/EII couple would live in filth is a hysterical hyperbolic stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    Cleaning. Yes. I see your meaning now. You should have said so in the beginning, you know.
    If you think that she's unclear here, you should see how terribly unclear is she is with asking questions about parties. She always has difficulty at saying/asking what she really wants to say/ask.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Krig is not spewing bullshit. There is a noticeable discrepancy between Rod and Augusta's descriptions of Te.

This is a strawman argument. There is no messy/filth or organized/clean information element. There is no guarantee for any dual pair that they will have one partner concerned with a cleanly organized living environment. This is not necessarily present in an LSE/EII couple either. So your assertion that Te must be an organizing IE because otherwise a LSE/EII couple would live in filth is a hysterical hyperbolic stretch.

If you think that she's unclear here, you should see how terribly unclear is she is with asking questions about parties. She always has difficulty at saying/asking what she really wants to say/ask.
    That translation is obviously terrible because Filatova got her's from Aushra's.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-07-2010 at 11:17 PM.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

The comfort and convenience of things and living space is very important to LSEs. Living spaces need to be conducive to rest, work, or recreation. LSEs take it into their own hands to reorganize or redesign living spaces to make them more comfortable and convenient.

LSEs typically love recreation with a physical element, such as picnics, walking, hiking, sports, etc. They recognize the need to relax and unwind and typically plan these activities into their schedule at regular intervals and involve other people in the activities. Nonetheless, relaxation is secondary to the LSE's main pursuits, which is generally their work. LSEs with families typically organize recreation with their families to combine quality family time with relaxation.

Once you open the page, go up to edit and come down to "find on the Page" and search for the word "organize" and see how many times it comes up...
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-07-2010 at 11:18 PM.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ti organizes too but Ti falls short where Te would pick up so well, which is consistant working...like all introverts they don't or can't expand as much energy as maybe as E types?

Ti – Logic is a beautiful structure. The LSI attempts to find logical structure, to follow it, be incorporated into it, and to perfect it. He systematizes everything that surrounds him with classifications, established hierarchies and laws. Everything can be fixed with different rules and instructions and this helps to organize life.

LSIs prefer to apply their clear, logical thinking to forcibly affect how the real world is organized, rather than simply producing conjectures or thought exercises that have no material application.

LSIs prefer to work with systems of "real" things — material assets, organizations, management, and production — and to perfect their structure and organization ().
    -

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Te: Please get a real job
    Ti: Please be smart enough with others so they won't care if you work
    Te: Just do it! PUSHY BOSSY ANNOYING DON'T BE A FAG
    Ti: An overcomplicated rant about the internal structure of a phenomenon, that while interesting, has no oomph.
    Ti: Ineffectual
    Te: Effectual, but no fun at all
    Ti: Gay
    Te: Straight
    Ti: Raw, personal, mage-like intellect
    Te: Objective, impersonal, sage-like intellect
    Ti: Debate on internet message boards for the fun of it, the raw intellectual stimulation
    Te: Debate on internet message boards and just always says things where nobody can really disagree with you, except for things that are of your personal nature. Boring.
    Ti: I want to be a professor!
    Te: I want to be a CEO!
    Ti: Canada rocks!
    Te: America, fuck yeah!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Te: Please get a real job
    Ti: Please be smart enough with others so they won't care if you work
    Te: Just do it! PUSHY BOSSY ANNOYING DON'T BE A FAG
    Ti: An overcomplicated rant about the internal structure of a phenomenon, that while interesting, has no oomph.
    Ti: Ineffectual
    Te: Effectual, but no fun at all
    Ti: Gay
    Te: Straight
    Ti: Raw, personal, mage-like intellect
    Te: Objective, impersonal, sage-like intellect
    Ti: Debate on internet message boards for the fun of it, the raw intellectual stimulation
    Te: Debate on internet message boards and just always says things where nobody can really disagree with you, except for things that are of your personal nature. Boring.
    Ti: I want to be a professor!
    Te: I want to be a CEO!
    Ti: Canada rocks!
    Te: America, fuck yeah!
    Wrong..........
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Te: I'm working on a workflow chart
    Ti: You're wasting my time get to work
    Te: Let's do everything well.
    Ti: I'm tired by back hurts, I need to sit down, will you bring me my food?
    Te: The economic indicators.....
    Ti: What's it going to do for me?
    Te: Make your life run efficiently.
    Ti: I don't care unless it's going to make me money.
    -

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Te: I'm working on a workflow chart
    Ti: You're wasting my time get to work
    Te: Let's do everything well.
    Ti: I'm tired by back hurts, I need to sit down, will you bring me my food?
    Te: The economic indicators.....
    Ti: What's it going to do for me?
    Te: Make your life run efficiently.
    Ti: I don't care unless it's going to make me money.
    yeah this is good actually. although I dunno about the back hurting thing. LOL Maybe if he's an old guy.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    yeah this is good actually. although I dunno about the back hurting thing. LOL Maybe if he's an old guy.
    Most I know are hypochondriac, cry babies.
    -

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most I know are hypochondriac, cry babies.
    you mean TiSe, TiNe or both?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

you mean TiSe, TiNe or both?
    Here's another one from Ti..lol

Ti: Can I get some help?
    Te: Let's get something to eat....babe
    Ti: I need a message.
    Te: You look good...baby.
    Ti: Can I get some help here?

TiSe are lazy hypochondriac who would rather sit on the couch and reflect on the world passing them by...or invest and get rich prospect.
    -

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

who the fuck does workflow diagrams.

yeah, i get it i don't like te

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post

My duals and sometimes they don't need to write it down; they write them down when it's very complicated proceedures.....

I love method, just turns me ON .
    -

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

My duals and sometimes they don't need to write it down; they write them down when it's very complicated proceedures.....

I love method, just turns me ON.
    Yeah, well I wouldn't want to try turning you on until I knew how to turn you off ...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yeah, well I wouldn't want to try turning you on until I knew how to turn you off ...
    FU...why the fuck do I even bother talking to a self inflated ego like you?
    -

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FU...why the fuck do I even bother talking to a self inflated ego like you?
    he's just messin with ya.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

he's just messin with ya.
    no he's not
    you don't mess with people like that
    whatever

he just fucking knows how to ruine my mood...F him
    -

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's another one from Ti..lol

Ti: Can I get some help?
    Te: Let's get something to eat....babe
    Ti: I need a message.
    Te: You look good...baby.
    Ti: Can I get some help here?

TiSe are lazy hypochondriac who would rather sit on the couch and reflect on the world passing them by...or invest and get rich prospect.
    lol! I have no use for workflow diagrams. I remember when I was in 8th grade we had to learn to do flowcharts for our "computer" class. Very basic stuff but reeeeally boring. And I thought it was the dumbest thing ever. Just make the computer work, I don't need to deal with these flowcharts. wth.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

lol! I have no use for workflow diagrams. I remember when I was in 8th grade we had to learn to do flowcharts for our "computer" class. Very basic stuff but reeeeally boring. And I thought it was the dumbest thing ever. Just make the computer work, I don't need to deal with these flowcharts. wth.
    I have never done one, but get to look and adore the ones my LSE friend makes for his work on Facebook...and the one my cousin does for big projects like her home...it's very interesting you wanna see?
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

-

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Turns me ON.

It's like an instant high...especially when they talk about it...lol.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-08-2010 at 02:11 AM.
    -

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's horrible. my eyes glaze over.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

The only time that happends to me is when I get bored of the method, then I ask them to devize a new work plan with new stuff/task/way of doing it so that I can change the routine up a little that happends periodically, like every few months or so...but it's nice to see the new workflow with the new or different stuff in it...makes me feel so good inside...ummmm

the instant workflow that's not written down is fun because they are so good at it and they can just shoot out the proceedure of the task/routine in a matter of minutes...wow..that's nice.
    -

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

um. heh heh....i made a flow chart/algorithm for work. it's really cool. the top dogs loved it.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    um. heh heh....i made a flow chart/algorithm for work. it's really cool. the top dogs loved it.
    I am thinking that to figure out someone's DS the question "what turnes you on?" should be asked.

Or

"Which function turnes you on?"

just an idea.

*All the ESTj socionists, please work my idea into the new workflow...lol.*
    -

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

so do mine

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

so do mine
    why do your eyes glaze over? it's perfect...predictable...precise...
    -

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

why do your eyes glaze over? it's perfect...
    it's useless and uninteresting

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

it's useless and uninteresting
    it's whole purpose is to be useful
    who said work was gloriously interesting
    you do it and move on to coctails and fun.
    and it's wonderful because its so efficient and reliable and neat (not messy all over the place, without aim, direction, sense of who does what when, it's not chaotic)
    -

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

it's whole purpose is to be useful
    who said work was gloriously interesting
    you do it and move on to coctails and fun.
    and it's wonderful because its so efficient and reliable.
    More efficient than spit roasts?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

More efficient than spit roasts?
    I knew my mood would be ruined as soon as I engaged you in a conversation...a useless conversation obviously.

What's worse is that you don't value anything that I see of any importance. Just makes me so upset.
    -

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

I knew my mood would be ruined as soon as I engaged you in a conversation...a useless conversation obviously.

What's worse is that you don't value anything that I see of any importance. Just makes me so upset.
    You know, it doesn't seem like we're conflictors .. it seems like you're more phased by me than i am by you ...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You know, it doesn't seem like we're conflictors .. it seems like you're more phased by me than i am by you ...
    I don't want to talk to you anymore...you're just driving me crazy.
    -

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he drives everybody crazy it's his job hahaha

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    he drives everybody crazy it's his job hahaha
    No, that's bullshit. Se's purpose in life is not to drive people crazy, it has nothing to do with meanness. He's just giving himself a bad name and a bad wrap by acting out like a child and purposefully trying to say contrary things to hurt my feelings when I believe that he is not anything he claims to be...

EXTRAVERTED SENSORY PERCEPTION
    Extraverted Sensory Perception seeks the highest
    intensity and completeness of experience derived from real
    objects and physical activities, preferably, but not
    necessarily pleasurable ones. There is no particular purpose
    for these experiences. They, themselves, are the goals of
    perception. Extraverted Sensory Perception strives to
    possess objects, and since distinction between people and
    objects is done by Conceiving functions, radical
    Extraverted Sensory Perception strives to possess people
    too.

SeTi that are striving to experience sensations from objects/activity are not busy cursing people and purposefully upsetting them...what would be the point of such a ludicrous attempt...they just don't go well with me because they strive to POSSESS me as an object not want me as a shared person in their experience of life, so this constant adoration and possession they place on me and plus no emphasis on Te, really frustrates me...SeTi type are very cooperative with me because they adore me as an object of their affections, as do SeFi, these are the reason why they hold on to me as good friends. They are very good natured and provide protection...just as my duals would.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-08-2010 at 03:17 PM.
    -

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast