View Poll Results: How would you rate Barrack Obama, as a person and president?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll

1 7.69%

0 0%

0 0%

5 38.46%

1 7.69%

3 23.08%

1 7.69%

0 0%

2 15.38%

0 0%

Thread: Barrack Obama (Betas Only)

Hybrid View

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Barrack Obama (Betas Only)

What is your take on Barrack Obama? Rate him as a president and a person, and, if you are compelled, elaborate upon your opinion.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I rate him a 4. He is a complete puppet, that's for sure, and likely has little clue what he is doing on his own. He has some undeniable charisma, and I think he represents a proper, or at least honest, step towards the notion of the US President as a total figurehead, which can at least be seen as decent historical progress. However I think in that sense he is a step in the direction of "let's see how badly we have to dick around before we need to make some real changes again." So I suppose he's necessary and appropriate for America now; let's just hope he doesn't fuck it up too too much, and that next time round we are able to choose the readily available candidate who might actually make some progress at the reigns of this country: Ron Paul.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry about not being a beta but I heard someone say RON PAUL! FUCK YEAH!
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn straight. I think Ron Paul is definitely some Ti type, probably ILE-Ti 6w5 so/sp.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I guess he's a 6. I agree with almost everything he says in fact, it seems like he repeats a lot of what I think. So I just think he's sort of a person with above average intellect and not much else. I think he's just a person who is as smart as everyone of us here.

I guess what pisses me off is that, with all the political heads ranting and raving and going on and on about shit and the latest drama scare tactics of the week, the actual core world has actually changed very little. If I go out in society and just....live life, America is still the same Te-valuing, enneagram 3-valuing, extroverted-valuing, career-orientated, cover-up-your-feelings-for-the-sake-of-productivity nation that is always was. OMG HE ACTUALLY HAS A UNIQUE EMOTION, GIVE HIM A PROZAC SO HE CAN BE OUR SLAVE!

So 'Change We Can Believe In' is more like Change We Can Stick Up Our Asses. Because in all truth things change very, very slowly- so slowly you don't realize them, despite all the ranting and raving. All the political BS talk is like just some mind control trick to keep people in place and stuck so they can control you better. The more you meditate and calm the shit down and go through life without any attachments, the more the illusions sort of all melt away and you can see more of how reality really is.

The economy isn't even really that much different. It's all sort of a ruse. I mean seriously, it's the exact same society as it was years ago. And Obama's empty threats at 'taking down the big shots at Wall Street' is very pathetic, just an obvious ploy to keep the sheeple in line.

All these naive middle class people talking about the economy are not knowing what they're talking about and watching stocks and just, going on about things when they don't know what they're talking about, it's just so sad. They're only being their own worst enemies and they don't even care, because they're attracted to the drama of it all. It's just BORING to me though. I never want to hear the word 'economy' again.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he's a better man than he is a president, probably through no fault of his own. He's an EIE, and they're good orators, good at getting people to follow them into battle etc., but at the heart of it, they have way more idealism than practicality. I really do think getting LIEs to run countries is a good idea. Preferably with morally rigorous ESI wives.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is not a fucking EIE. Go to hell.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The economy is the same - and that is a miracle. If you knew anything about the economic crisis you would realize that. 2 years ago, by all expert opinions, the dollar should have been completely worthless by now.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratXII View Post
    The economy is the same - and that is a miracle. If you knew anything about the economic crisis you would realize that. 2 years ago, by all expert opinions, the dollar should have been completely worthless by now.
    But not really the president's miracle, I don't think. The path was dictated, essentially, by the Bush administration (once you start stimulus packages, you're not going to stop), and then... I mean, Obama made the car czar thing happen. I guess he didn't make any major missteps in the immediate handling of the crisis, unless you believe doing the stimulus at all was a mistake, and if it was a mistake, it certainly wasn't a mistake that was going to be corrected when a rather far right Republican left office for a rather far left Democrat who somehow seems like a centrist. And as for the long term consequences of the regulatory bill, well, I'll leave that for historians or myself-in-ten-to-twenty-years to determine.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really have a sense of what he's doing as a policymaker, if anything (but I certainly don't think he has any less influence on policy than George Bush Jr. did). But as a politician, as a public figure, I rate hm at least a 7. He's charismatic and obviously intelligent. That said, I really cannot tell what actual influence he has on policy except as someone who a) has some control over his own staff (he seems like a fairly effective leader in that regard), and b) can stand on a platform and say, "The American People(tm) want THIS!" And I think that is an important and useful role.

Speaking of the role of the President historically, that's been kind of a funny path. Because we've spent 200 years giving the President more power every year, practically, and it's as if by giving the President all the powers, we've given him no powers, because it's impossible for one human being to possibly to do everything that the Office of the President is theoretically supposed to do. But he has to look like he does everything. And the only way to look like you do everything is to actually do nothing, or at least, comparatively little. But don't I think he's absolutely a puppet... like I said, no more than Bush, and not much more than Bill Clinton.

As a person, I bet Obama's a really smart guy. I don't know if we'd be bffs for ever and ever and ever, but I bet he'd be good to have a conversation with.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I think about Obama is tainted by the knowledge he is functioning in a corrupt political system. He's very good at convincing you hes genuine.. but I'm weary of how much I can really trust that. His position just implies to me corruption. Most of the problems I have with him are different than the typical criticisms thrown his way, which seem ignorant. I don't like that he uses his mastery of speech to brainwash people. In terms of his policy decisions.. I agree with the broad strokes of what he's trying to do, because I think the changes are necessary. But when it comes down to execution of said task he sort of fails. The best example is with the lack of oversight on bailouts and overspending. Bailouts were necessary to some degree to avoid catastrophic breakdown of the economy, but their execution was a disaster. Alot of the funds were wasted and overspent. Also, there was too much reliance on bailouts and not enough compromise. There should of been more mergers and government buyouts happening. I also think we should of fell on our faces a little harder than he let us.. the economy should of tanked a little bit. Instead it just seems the same .. which is unnatural, considering.
    Last edited by crazedrat; 06-06-2010 at 02:43 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I think about Obama is tainted by the knowledge he is functioning in a corrupt political system. He's very good at convincing you hes genuine.. but I'm weary of how much I can really trust that. His position just implies to me corruption. Most of the problems I have with him are different than the typical criticisms thrown his way, which seem ignorant. I don't like that he uses his mastery of speech to brainwash people. In terms of his policy decisions.. I agree with the broad strokes of what he's trying to do, because I think the changes are necessary. But when it comes down to execution of said task he sort of fails. The best example is with the lack of oversight on bailouts and overspending. Bailouts were necessary to some degree to avoid catastrophic breakdown of the economy, but their execution was a disaster. Alot of the funds were wasted and overspent. Also, there was too much reliance on bailouts and not enough compromise. There should of been more mergers and government buyouts happening. I also think we should of fell on our faces a little harder than he let us.. the economy should of tanked a little bit. Instead it just seems the same .. which is unnatural, considering.
    lol

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol free market autistic

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol free market autistic
    lol kid who isn't familiar with reality but pretends he is even though he's not fooling anybody

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please, educate me..