TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    This is Ni PoLR; so you can't possibly be ESTp
    As INFj I give reassurance about how things will play out and through that the pressure on Ni PoLR is lifted so to say or "covered", Ni has to do with events in the flow of Time and how that is perceived in a flow. So because of poor understanding of the flow of time you take care of immediate tasks at hand.
    Your "evidence" only supports weak Ni at best.
    Stan is not my real name.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stanprollyright View Post
    Righto, and I would assume a Ni PoLR would actually be less confident when facing the unknown future, as opposed to what I said which is essentially that I'm more confident dealing with my current situation than I am figuring out how my actions in dealing with my situation will affect the future.
    Easy Day

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Righto, and I would assume a Ni PoLR would actually be less confident when facing the unknown future, as opposed to what I said which is essentially that I'm more confident dealing with my current situation than I am figuring out how my actions in dealing with my situation will affect the future.
    No, Ni weak is exactly as you wrote, not knowing how the things you do will play out. Ni is knowing what one does will play out, so exact opposite for PoLR or people of PoLR issues with Ni. So to compensate for a PoLR, a person submerses themselves in immediate tasks at hand.

Here's the Ni weak deffinition on wikisocion for you; There are parts of the below that apply to another type, so, trust me, I've been around a dual and grew up with her since I was 9:

The individual prefers to focus on immediate tasks, taking things as they come, rather than try to evaluate the outcome of present trends. Inclination to tell stories or narrate events on a sequential basis, rather than outlining how one event led to another.

He perceives time in an undifferentiated manner: the past, present, and future are all perceived as being in or near the present. When talking about the future, especially one's longer-term plan), the individual treats it as if it were accessible today and often is not aware of all the developments that must happen first.

He generally has a poor sense of how long things will take and what the best amount of time to spend on things is. Therefore it is difficult for him to stay on schedule without extensive, even total, pre-planning.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-11-2010 at 05:21 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, but Ni for ESTp is dual seeking, so the person themselves don't know they need it, they just want the other person to do it, usually the person is fine with not having it if it's not around; with the PoLR, a type puts their frustrations out there and the dual picks it up and says "hay, I'm great at this, and I can do it so let me help take the load off" The dual seeking is letting the dual do what they should do...isn't it?

I feel it's his weak spot, dual seeking is like a missing spot not a weak spot (simply, that the other person does not want to have their involvement in that task).
    What Joe is saying is that he DOESN'T worry about Ni. "ignorance is bliss". That's why he's confident, because he assumes things will work out.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We worry about our PoLR
    Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    What Joe is saying is that he DOESN'T worry about Ni."ignorance is bliss". That's why he's confident, because he assumes things will work out.

He says he doesn't know how, what he does will play out and I am saying that, I as an EII know how things will play out and provide reassurance. Maybe he doesn't worry about it in the sense that he blocks it out, but when he does think about it, I'm sure it stresses him out.
    You're doing a lot of assuming and its leading you to faulty conclusions.

No, Ni Polr is exactly as you wrote, not knowing how the things you do will play out. Ni is knowing what one does will play out, so exact opposite for PoLR or people of PoLR issues with Ni. So to compensate for a PoLR, a person submerses themselves in immediate tasks at hand.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You're doing a lot of assuming and its leading you to faulty conclusions.

Ok...

But I can tell you, that that Ni is not dual seeking, it's 100% weak Ni.

Because he does not seek to supliment it himself, I guess he is not overwhelmed by it but avoids it...

The suggestive function is also called the dual-seeking function. The subject finds it difficult to be overwhelmed by this element, since it perfectly complements and drives the activity of the leading function. The more it is present in his daily life, the more he will naturally adapt to its presence (see dualization). They are easily entertained by this kind of information, and its sustained presence creates a soothing psychological effect. If someone experiences a deficiency of it in his environment, he may attempt to supply it himself, but become soon exhausted. Unlike the mobilizing function, concentrated and prolonged doses from other people are received positively (depending somewhat on the individual's degree of dualization).

People focus deeply on the use of this function in day-to-day life, always attempting to digest information received from the environment through this aspect of reality. This is because it complements the leading function, making an individual not only more understanding but more satisfied about their pursuits in the Ego.

Here's PoLR

" he will still usually try to avoid taking responsibility for it himself, or develop a minimalist or non-traditional approach (possibly using other functions) that is enough to satisfy one's own needs. The presence of a dual usually dissolves any concern there might be about how to approach matters of the vulnerable function."

NICE
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Thank you, you help me a lot by helping me not focus on trivialities...
    -

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok...

But I can tell you, that that Ni is not dual seeking, it's 100% weak Ni.
    Dual-seeking IS weak Ni.

Because he does not seek to supliment it himself, I guess he is not overwhelmed by it but avoids it...
    False.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    awwww! cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    Agree.. That's 'frickin adorable, lol.
    Yeah, you say that, but it hurts people! Including my dual Even IEIs have feelings.

However, she has shown me how Ni is important in ways I wouldn't have even imagined e.g. you have a little banter that gets nasty, then they start goading you to attack them but "weren't expecting that" when you completely go at them no holds barred. Then they get hurt. But you have no idea until they TELL you. So tell me BEFORE it's going to happen, and it can be avoided!

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    i feel ya brother. but hey, somebody's got to be logical or nothing would ever get done.
    Yep, definitely.

His Ni is dual seeking.
    What, so you think he's Ni DS now, even though you said he wasn't?

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tested for the Ti.

You're a character. You should have a TV show. The Maritsa Show.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Yeah, you say that, but it hurts people! Including my dual Even IEIs have feelings.

However, she has shown me how Ni is important in ways I wouldn't have even imagined e.g. you have a little banter that gets nasty, then they start goading you to attack them but "weren't expecting that" when you completely go at them no holds barred. Then they get hurt. But you have no idea until they TELL you. So tell me BEFORE it's going to happen, and it can be avoided!

dense.
    IEI, sp/sx 4w3.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12