Hybrid View

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm LII. If I actually broke the rule, I would pay the fine. The fact that "Security" normally tolerates the breaking of this rule doesn't mean I have a right to break it; it simply means that Security is not doing its job properly.

If I didn't actually break the rule, I would fight it, no matter what it cost me. Whether or not Security has left a loophole in the way they worded the fine by which I could gain a tactical advantage is irrelevant to me. If I broke the rule, I'll plead guilty, if I didn't, I wouldn't. Likewise, if I did fight it in court, I would only use honest means to fight it; I would not exploit a loophole if doing so was in any way dishonest.
    Quaero Veritas.

Logical vegetable Existential Potato's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI

Since the problem exists and cannot be ignored, the best approach is the one that wastes the least time/money, whichever one that would be. How guilty you are matters little to me; I don't agree with the system anyhow, as I broke the rule in the first place.

El Presidente de Mi Cabeza GallopingQwerty's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh, if it's a known rule and I broke it, I'd just deal with it and pay the fine. Even if other people get away with doing the same thing, I think people take their own chances when they jump on that bandwagon so they should pay the price if the gamble doesn't work out for them.

The only time I've ever fought a citation for a rule that was actually on the books was when a cop was only handing out tickets to people who were protesting a certain law he personally supported (not the people who were picketing in support across the street)... and even then when I filed my claim against the officer I said I'd still pay the ticket, I just thought it was extremely unfair that the cop was using his personal prejudices in that way.

(Oh yeah, IEE)
    "Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Mark Twain

No trees were destroyed in sending this message; however, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

I am definitely a 7, and most likely an IEE. Stay tuned for further updates.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll reluctantly pay the fine, and then forever avoid the area where I got fined. The only reason I would fight it is if I thought I would win, which is unlikely. I could imagine going to court and getting the fine halved as an average conclusion but it doesn't seem worth it.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by GallopingQwerty View Post
    Eh, if it's a known rule and I broke it, I'd just deal with it and pay the fine. Even if other people get away with doing the same thing, I think people take their own chances when they jump on that bandwagon so they should pay the price if the gamble doesn't work out for them.
    this...

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon
    I'm SEI, and I'd pay the fine. I'd pay it because I'd rather just lose the money than lose the money plus time plus effort plus possibly more money. Putting together a case out of non-case material could possibly be fun though.
    and this.

me = SEI