Hybrid View

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hey i have a question, or two

Is there a way to take a test to see where i fall into the 3-letter code socionics uses? By MBTI i am an infp, and that links me to IEI apparently(Strong Ni), but i also noticed that the Intuition(Ni) and Feeling(Fe) concepts have been reversed. Whereas, in MBTI for an infp it is extroverted Intuition, and introverted Feeling. Am i mistaken or have these concepts reversed.

Also, What are the properties of each of the quadrants? I see that people like to bounce back and forth between 2, and im just curious as to what are the tell-tale signs of each. Essentially, what are the differences between the mindsets?

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What others said about not listening to Maritsa, or anyone else who will tell you they know for sure what you are, especially after you've only written a few short posts.

There's a very recent thread about guessing at people's intentions - you might want to look it up, it's mostly Ni-oriented but shows that most people draw such conclusions, just in different ways.

Are your family's typings MBTI translated? Because if so, don't take them seriously for comparison. I know a self-typed ENTP who is now a self-typed SEI (ISFp), and while I think she got it right this time, the move from MBTI was confusing. Also keep in mind that whatever definitions of Ni/Ne and other functions you've heard of in context of MBTI, they're probably incompatible with socionics.

And if you really want a test, try this one: Socionics Test: Determine Your Sociotype . It works better if you can't recognize functions' descriptions (i.e. if you know little about socionics), though. Because if you do, you can as well consciously decide which functions you use - that's what you'd be doing in this test anyway.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

This is a good test:

Socionics Type Assistant TURBO XL
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So that told me that i was an INFP(lol) with the N and the F really high but the I and the P close to the bottom.
    Im still confused.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    So that told me that i was an INFP(lol) with the N and the F really high but the I and the P close to the bottom.
    Im still confused.
    What is Ni to you?

There are so many differences between mindsets; that has to do with or comes from the functions that people value, their own personal values, lots of things.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont claim to know much, as everything ive learned, ive just haphazardly picked up along the way.

Ni is the percieving process that enables you to read between the lines really well, with people at least. For instance, last new years i was at a party, everybody was drinking and there were two sisters.

Sister 1 was recieving lots of attention, playing beer pong and taking off her clothes.

Sister 2 was alone, sitting in the corner and looking irritated. Not embarrased but irritated. This is key.

When sister 1 eventually was about to take off her last remnants of clothing, as drunken attention seeking women will occasionally do. Sister 2 pops up and yells at her sister. "These are my friends! You're acting like a whore, you're embarrasing me!" and eventually sister 1 starts putting her clothes back on.

15 minutes later the beer pong games have started again and the situation is unfolding in the exact same manner. Sister 1 joyous and soon to be stripping, Sister 2 quiet and frustrated. But, as soon as the sister 1 is nearly naked, "Jeff" appears.

"Jeff" starts talking to sister 2 and flirting, suddenly its not a big deal that her sister 1 is a drunken "whore" anymore.

She just wanted attention like her sister was getting.

The Ni was what made me draw this conclusion once she made her big "My friends" speech. And her actions once "Jeff" whisker her off her feet validified it. I hope this answered your question. lol.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I dont claim to know much, as everything ive learned, ive just haphazardly picked up along the way.

Ni is the percieving process that enables you to read between the lines really well, with people at least. For instance, last new years i was at a party, everybody was drinking and there were two sisters.

Sister 1 was recieving lots of attention, playing beer pong and taking off her clothes.

Sister 2 was alone, sitting in the corner and looking irritated. Not embarrased but irritated. This is key.

When sister 1 eventually was about to take off her last remnants of clothing, as drunken attention seeking women will occasionally do. Sister 2 pops up and yells at her sister. "These are my friends! You're acting like a whore, you're embarrasing me!" and eventually sister 1 starts putting her clothes back on.

15 minutes later the beer pong games have started again and the situation is unfolding in the exact same manner. Sister 1 joyous and soon to be stripping, Sister 2 quiet and frustrated. But, as soon as the sister 1 is nearly naked, "Jeff" appears.

"Jeff" starts talking to sister 2 and flirting, suddenly its not a big deal that her sister 1 is a drunken "whore" anymore.

She just wanted attention like her sister was getting.

The Ni was what made me draw this conclusion once she made her big "My friends" speech. And her actions once "Jeff" whisker her off her feet validified it. I hope this answered your question. lol.
    I just lost it...laughing my pants off at what you wrote...

@Poli

Oh lighten up, have fun.
    -

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

story
    Yup. Sounds like Ni to me. Sounds like the way I would draw conclusions too. So I would at least start with Ni ego types. If you want people to type you, it would help if you would answer some sort of general questions about yourself: what pisses you off in others? in yourself? What do you wish you did differently? What do you admire in other people? What do you like best about yourself? What do you like least about yourself? What sorts of things are you best at/enjoy most? What sorts of things are your worst at/enjoy least? Is there a quadra you identify with (alpha, beta, gamma, delta)? Who do you admire most and why? Who do you think is a failure of a person and why? What qualities attract you? What qualities repulse you? (either romantically or platonically).

Those sorts of things are sort of surface level, but I think they sort of help people get an idea of who you are (and how you write) and that sort of helps with the typing process. Otherwise, if you have specific questions about the functions, about the intertype relationships, about the quadras, etc., I'm sure I would be glad to try to help, as would others.

EDIT:

You asked about quadras. Well...

Alpha as a quadra values Fe, Ti, Ne, and Si. Valuing Ne and Si means that alphas tend not to be very confrontational or in-your-face. They like to avoid aggression and extreme behavior as a means of communicating or as an ordinary state of things. They do like atmospheres with strong emotion though, since they value Fe. Alphas tends to be more chill than beta, but more zany than delta. Alphas often just want to have a good time and enjoy life, and maybe make a few interesting scientific discoveries along the way. Alphas will have lengthy theoretical discussions but not really get heated or argumentative, as a rule. They like sort of fun, frivolous, and random activities and humor. Emphasis on the random; alphas love that sort of "comes out of nowhere" random humor.

Beta values Fe, Ti, Ni, and Se. Valuing Ni and Se means that betas tend to be more in-your-face and appreciate confrontation and pressure in conversation and in dealing with others. Beta people tend to value "keeping it real" not being fake, expressing any and all emotion without hesitation and without focusing so much on how other people will feel about it. Betas values being "honest" with emotions and firm in convictions. Betas tend to like to have causes or motivations or something that they can believe in firmly and work for/towards diligently and energetically. Betas tend to be the most extreme in behavior of all the quadras and love sort of emotional combustible environments, passionate exchanges, etc. Betas will also have intense theoretical arguments that get very heated. To others it might seem like they have getting mad at each other for no reason, but it's just being beta--we love to spar with one another, physically, intellectually, etc.

Gamma values Fi, Te, Ni, and Se. They, like betas, enjoy having a clear goal and driving towards it, but they generally feel that some beta behavior is unnecessary or pointlessly extreme, extreme for the sake of being extreme. Gammas don't really do anything pointlessly or randomly (which is a source of much conflict with easygoing alphas). They have defined aims and they drive towards them forcefully. Of course, they also know how to have fun, and the gamma SFs can be very lighthearted and easygoing... up to a point. Gammas have a focus on achievement, achieving serious goals, building real relationships, etc.

Delta values Fi, Te, Ne, and Si. Deltas have a focus on supporting one another and listening to each other and achieving goals together. Delta NFs in particular tend to be advocates for big "causes" motivated by compassion, such as helping those who are very poor, raising money for cancer research, and especially raising awareness of issues of discrimination and the like. Deltas are very practical and down-to-earth and tend to focus on making the most of things, living a happy, comfortable life, etc. Deltas are annoyed by individuals they perceive as selfish or self-centered, and are very focused on "growing up" and "maturity" as hallmarks of a well-lived life.
    Last edited by silverchris9; 05-09-2010 at 12:18 PM.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pookie, 3 pieces of advice.

1) Don't listen to anything Maritsa says about Socionics.
    2) Check out www.wikisocion.org to help type yourself. (has various type and "function" descriptions, good beginner material)
    3) Start over and ignore MBTI when talking and learning about Socionics.

I'm posting this because Socionics tests usually aren't all that good. Also I'd be happy to type you eventually, when there's more information.