Thread: Supervision Relations: Stories and Experiences

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

"just playing for fun" ... eh, competition IS the fun part, lol.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    You're right, but I think that's not always the case. It can be very exciting to train in order to become better, especially in video game, and then see who's the better player. For instance, I like to play strategy games against my brother in which we try to render the other's tactic useless. (We also had really cool fights in Super Smash Bros.) But some people take those things much too seriously imho. I know that they don't want to spoil the fun for others, but they still 'work' too hard to win, you know what I mean? And if they win all the time, they even start to brag about it. (Like those countless 15-year-olds who pwn the shit out of you in every fps/mmorpg just because they play 24/7) Those people are probably also the ones who are sore losers if the other migth had luck or something like this. I don't exclude cheat usage and hacking in online games for these players. I personally never use cheats, not even against AI-opponents. It totally spoils the fun imho.

In a nutshell: some competition can spice up the game, just don't overplay it and keep it fair.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    yeah. my IEI daughter gets MAD if someone suggests that we play a game without keeping score. she won't even bother to play! ha
    IEI-Fe 4w3