Hybrid View

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    Maybe, dunno. I don't have yet an opinion on what subtype is which, I use to call Fi this more "extroverted" one, because it uses to be much more judgmental with people and things like this, you know? I know some of these in real life, they talk about virtues, family values, justice, and are aggressive in imposing them to others. So this is why I rather call this subtype is the Fi one, the other is interested more in fantasy, games, literature, or whatever - that one is more rebellious and adventurous, but much less judgmental and definitely less interested in properties, for example estate properties.
    According to this, I'd be an Ne subtype, but most people who are into subtypes call me an Fi subtype. Not saying they're right and you're wrong or anything really, as I'm not sure where I stand on the whole subtype issue in the first place. Just saying that I would be Ne subtype based on that.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another possibility that I almost hate to throw out as Maritsa will jump on it, is that what you call "Ne subtype" is IEE, and what you call "Fi subtype" is EII.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    Another possibility that I almost hate to throw out as Maritsa will jump on it, is that what you call "Ne subtype" is IEE, and what you call "Fi subtype" is EII.
    I don't believe in subtypes,
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Creepy-cinq

The nuance, I think is exactly how Pinocchio explains it - "IEE is the one who feels the compulsion to "tell" others and communicate this to them". It's more irrational energy, IMO, I don't think an EII (even the EII-Ne subtype) would have that same level of compulsion. That is why there is such a contrast with Maritsa and the EIIs. The energy level is very different, if thought of in terms of temperament.
    Last edited by cinq; 05-01-2010 at 12:52 AM.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sounds like maybe you're saying that EIIs and IEEs have more in common than the two subtypes of IEE? It seems like an IEE of one subtype would be moer similar to an IEE of another subtype than either would be to an EII. I'm just a bit skeptical of the whole thing. Or not on board completely maybe. I don't know, maybe I need to just think about it longer.
    -Mark Twain

El Presidente de Mi Cabeza GallopingQwerty's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just a bit skeptical of the whole thing. Or not on board completely maybe. I don't know, maybe I need to just think about it longer.
    I don't even really know Maritsa, but even having been here less than a week I can tell you she's not an IEE.

Sure she's vocal, and there's definitely an element of Telling there, but she's also mostly (seemingly) interested in imposing her view of the world/conversation/situation as the only possible correct one. If someone says something that does not agree with this view, it is waived away as unimportant, not real, not true, or something to be changed through persuasion: this is not IEE either. IEE tends to want to discuss things, posit theories, ask questions, hear other points of view even if they personally disagree.

Just being really vocal in writing doesn't make someone an IEE... and Pinocchio, just being someone you don't personally like much doesn't make them an IEE either.
    "Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Mark Twain

No trees were destroyed in sending this message; however, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

I am definitely a 7, and most likely an IEE. Stay tuned for further updates.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um, I skipped the majority of the thread since it's kinda off topic...

I guess the easiest way for all of us to understand what this really is getting at is to break down the variables we all can agree on. We can agree (using the annotation of NeFi and FiNe that I use, I guess other people caught on) that NeFi is defined by the leading position + defined by the creative position, and the opposite for FiNe.

Looking at the leading functions as starting points, NeFi start out observing the possible states of objects while FiNe start out reflecting on the qualities that make up the relationship between objects. NeFi start by generating multiple ideas while FiNe start with a set of already established data. Both of these are innate, so it isn't a process that either type tries at, it is an apparent view to view the world.

Then the NeFi discerns which possibilities are useful through , applying their established system to eliminate possibilities that aren't applicable. So while NeFi are known for exploring lots of possibilities, they keep their brain from exploding by not keeping on file EVERY possibility, as that's just too much. One can see this behavior in SiTe, who feel overwhelmed by all the possible states they are observing that they feel stuck in a rut because they don't have a natural process of trimming down these possibilities. But after the information goes through the sifter, it stays around until it no longer becomes applicable, and therefore an NeFi can still wield multiple possibilities. FiNe, on the other hand, look for possible states in an object through their already established criteria. If they get an overload, so to speak, it is because they haven't gained enough information yet and therefore can be subjected to too much information. They tend to hand out these observations because it comes from an already finely tuned source, the process is in generating the possibilities for FiNe, not finding out which possibilities are useful like NeFi.

I would take a wing at FeNi and NiFe, but I figured I'd let this go up for scrutiny first to see if I'm completely off base or not.

El Presidente de Mi Cabeza GallopingQwerty's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    Now you scrap-up an alleged "argument" against typing her as IEE, but this is just your imaginary conflict with me you think you find yourself in.
    Wow, someone had a few too many It's All About Me cookies tonight
    "Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Mark Twain

No trees were destroyed in sending this message; however, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

I am definitely a 7, and most likely an IEE. Stay tuned for further updates.