Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Let's discuss this: NeFi, FiNe, NiFe, FeNi

This is a Maritsa thing:

NeFi-expands possibilities then draws conclusions
    FiNe-limits/processes possibilities to draw conclusion

Really, I don't even think that first thing is accurate for me. It's mroe like I feel it's important to look at every single possibility from the beginning, and then evaluate all equally and try to eliminate those that don't go anywhere, though I'm always willing to go back to a possibility I've eliminated earlier.
    Last edited by Slacker; 04-30-2010 at 09:13 PM.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Mirrors.

NeFi-You look at all the possibilities. You look at the big picture all the time. You just look at high volume of information but don't draw general conclusion...
    FiNe-I look at the most likely to succeed of all the possibilities. I look at the big picture and see what stands out in Red. I process a high volume of info and draw general conclusions....

This is why in close relations this match causes problems because while one can't settle (you/ENFp) the other has already settled (me/INFj).
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa's explanation surprisingly well matches my views on this issue.

Accepting functions (aka dominant) are expanding; they start with a very small observation and create a huge number of interpretations as to what goes on to give rise to the perceived occasion.

(Dynamic/Accepting (Limiting) == just acknowledging a singular perception; Static/Accepting (Empowering) == chosing one interpretation out of the many possible ones)

Creating functions (aka secundary/auxiliary) are contracting; they combine a lot of observations, a large body of impressions, and identify their common properties so as to isolate a single possible state of affairs in the real world.

(Dynamic/Creating (Empowering) == having many pieces of information available to you and/or focussing on one out of these many pieces; Static/Creating (Limiting) == combining all pieces of information and isolating one possibility of interpretation)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    Maritsa's explanation surprisingly well matches my views on this issue.

Accepting functions (aka dominant) are expanding; they start with a very small observation and create a huge number of interpretations as to what goes on to give rise to the perceived occasion.

(Dynamic/Accepting (Limiting) == just acknowledging a singular perception; Static/Accepting (Empowering) == chosing one interpretation out of the many possible ones)

Creating functions (aka secundary/auxiliary) are contracting; they combine a lot of observations, a large body of impressions, and identify their common properties so as to isolate a single possible state of affairs in the real world.

(Dynamic/Creating (Empowering) == having many pieces of information available to you and/or focussing on one out of these many pieces; Static/Creating (Limiting) == combining all pieces of information and isolating one possibility of interpretation)
    Labcoat, I find when reading the interpretations offered by ENTp's on any given topic, that my mind did the math without being able to explain how; why is that? We basically reach the same conclusion on two seperate paths. Or, maybe not two seperate paths but ENTp more math or analytic, based on hard core, representative logic...like they can write out the formula for the conclusion; while I make the conclusion and I KNOW I am right about it but can't relate to the math until I look at a formula and say "yes, that's how I got to my conclusion."
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Labcoat, I find when reading the interpretations offered by ENTp's on any given topic, that my mind did the math without being able to explain how; why is that?
    ENTp thought works a lot like that. They don't use models and stable descriptions, they just skip right to adressing the answer to the problem (which they understand in a sort of shallow, subjective way rather than in one conforming to some precise description). The ENTps basically help you draw on the part of your mind that thinks the way they do, so you borrow the ability to this same thing through their guidance.

Other than that, no idea.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ENTp thought works a lot like that. They don't use models and stable descriptions, they just skip right to adressing the answer to the problem. The ENTps basically help you draw on the part of your mind that thinks the way they do, so you borrow the ability to this same thing through their guidance.

Other than that, no idea.
    Maybe it's this the Ne, Ti
    -

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    This is a Maritsa thing:

Really, I don't even think that first thing is accurate for me. It's mroe like I feel it's important to look at every single possibility from the beginning, and then evaluate all equally and try to eliminate those that don't go anywhere, though I'm always willing to go back to a possibility I've eliminated earlier.
    Maritsa's definitions are vague to begin with, but I think your description is typical for how IEEs deal with information.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Maritsa's definitions are vague to begin with, but I think your description is typical for how IEEs deal with information.
    You blow at Socionics OR SUCK, TAKE A PICK EITHER WAY IT ARRIVES AT THE SAME CONCLUSION.

Yes. In ENTps the possibilities don't start contracting until they address the answer to the problem (J). Their understanding of the problem is variable and multiplicitous.

Contrarily, in INxjs, the act of understanding is already a contraction. So the person identifies one situation out of many possible ones in the act of recognizing the problem.
    Thank you, that was wonderfully said.
    -

Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    You blow at Socionics OR SUCK, TAKE A PICK EITHER WAY IT ARRIVES AT THE SAME CONCLUSION.
    Well, I'm willing to admit that I suck at your version of Socionics, which is a deluded form of Socionics.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Well, I'm willing to admit that I suck at your version of Socionics, which is a deluded form of Socionics.
    I feel guilty for having said that to you. I'm sorry.
    -

Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I feel guilty for having said that to you. I'm sorry.
    I could accept your apologies, if only I'd know the reasons why you are sorry.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    Now it's my turn to say that there are some people that are worthless to talk to - I very-very rarely say this, but Maritsa is such an exception. I'd not waste any more time if I was you.
    ---

Btw, I'm interested in your opinion, do you think that she can be an IEE?
    Don't worry about my interactions with Maritsa. There is a purpose to everything :wink:

As to her being IEE, thatś always a possibility, but in that case we must consider her having some strong sort of pathology, because her style of reasoning is totally different to what I consider IEE style reasoning, such as we see in Mariella or Rick DeLong.

Going by her pictures, she could be a leading Fi type, but I think her behavior looks like Ti-mobilizing. This, of course, is a contradiction in terms, and I think there is something else wrong with her. Could be anything: mood disorder, schyzotypy or schizofrenia, personality disorder, whatever.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't relate to it either and would think an Ne dominant would relate to it even less.
    The only time I'd feel comfortable making a conclusion on anything is if there was indisputable facts to back it up, and even than sometimes...

This is how I see it...
    Ne through Ni works by developing possibilities but will than narrow them down until they have one to work towards, or work on. Whereas Ni through Ne works by seeing possible consequences and scenarios and will than either expand or narrow them down to a few that seem most plausible

So this is how Si and Ni work against each other, with Si focused on the current state of things while Ni is already past that and onto the next step.
    Se compliments Ni by motivating/encouraging Ni in this process, while Ni provides Se with reassurance of the process (a conclusion)

From the Wiki...

Types that value always like to have in mind a specific plan for how their life will develop in the future. Thus they have little time for the concept of "living for the moment" or "making the best of the present". They generally engage in pure leisure activities only for short periods of time, and even then their leisure activities generally involve a psychologically demanding or competitive aspect.

vs

Types that value prefer to try out an opportunity rather than consider all possible ways in which it could not work out. They pick a few options and stick with them, in contrast to introverted intuition (Ni) types who pick one option and continue to doubt that option.
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired