Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Let's discuss this: NeFi, FiNe, etc

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't relate to it either and would think an Ne dominant would relate to it even less.
    The only time I'd feel comfortable making a conclusion on anything is if there was indisputable facts to back it up, and even than sometimes...

This is how I see it...
    Ne through Ni works by developing possibilities but will than narrow them down until they have one to work towards, or work on. Whereas Ni through Ne works by seeing possible consequences and scenarios and will than either expand or narrow them down to a few that seem most plausible

So this is how Si and Ni work against each other, with Si focused on the current state of things while Ni is already past that and onto the next step.
    Se compliments Ni by motivating/encouraging Ni in this process, while Ni provides Se with reassurance of the process (a conclusion)

From the Wiki...

Types that value always like to have in mind a specific plan for how their life will develop in the future. Thus they have little time for the concept of "living for the moment" or "making the best of the present". They generally engage in pure leisure activities only for short periods of time, and even then their leisure activities generally involve a psychologically demanding or competitive aspect.

vs

Types that value prefer to try out an opportunity rather than consider all possible ways in which it could not work out. They pick a few options and stick with them, in contrast to introverted intuition (Ni) types who pick one option and continue to doubt that option.
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

El Presidente de Mi Cabeza GallopingQwerty's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    Now you scrap-up an alleged "argument" against typing her as IEE, but this is just your imaginary conflict with me you think you find yourself in.
    Wow, someone had a few too many It's All About Me cookies tonight
    "Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Mark Twain

No trees were destroyed in sending this message; however, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

I am definitely a 7, and most likely an IEE. Stay tuned for further updates.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    The nuance, I think is exactly how Pinocchio explains it - "IEE is the one who feels the compulsion to "tell" others and communicate this to them". It's more irrational energy, IMO, I don't think an EII (even the EII-Ne subtype) would have that same level of compulsion. That is why there is such a contrast with Maritsa and the EIIs. The energy level is very different, if thought of in terms of temperament.
    I think the difference may be in ignoring vs demonstrative Fe rather than rationality/irrationality.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    I can do 75 words per minute, does that make me a good typer?

And who's Dio?
    the16types.info Socionics Forums - View Profile: Dioklecian

At times, he wasn't feeling all that well and posted the weirdest things, which got him into trouble with some forum members.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was really a nice guy overall. He just went throug a weird phase, saying thigns like "All Nazis were ESFj." Or were some ISFp too? As if there were no people of other types in the Nazi party.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    Is there a way to change the thread title to include NiFe and FeNi as well? I'd like input from those folks too.

Edited to add that I figured it out.
    me too please...

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post

Edit: so Mariella, EIIs are not like that they internalize their values, they share with people but don't aggressively advertise those principles, this is typical for EIIs to keep for themselves, unlike Maritsa, for example.
    That's where you are "typically" wrong about EII.

Quote Originally Posted by look.to.the.sky View Post
    Um, I skipped the majority of the thread since it's kinda off topic...

I guess the easiest way for all of us to understand what this really is getting at is to break down the variables we all can agree on. We can agree (using the annotation of NeFi and FiNe that I use, I guess other people caught on) that NeFi is defined by the leading position + defined by the creative position, and the opposite for FiNe.

Looking at the leading functions as starting points, NeFi start out observing the possible states of objects while FiNe start out reflecting on the qualities that make up the relationship between objects. NeFi start by generating multiple ideas while FiNe start with a set of already established data. Both of these are innate, so it isn't a process that either type tries at, it is an apparent view to view the world.

Then the NeFi discerns which possibilities are useful through , applying their established system to eliminate possibilities that aren't applicable. So while NeFi are known for exploring lots of possibilities, they keep their brain from exploding by not keeping on file EVERY possibility, as that's just too much. One can see this behavior in SiTe, who feel overwhelmed by all the possible states they are observing that they feel stuck in a rut because they don't have a natural process of trimming down these possibilities. But after the information goes through the sifter, it stays around until it no longer becomes applicable, and therefore an NeFi can still wield multiple possibilities. FiNe, on the other hand, look for possible states in an object through their already established criteria. If they get an overload, so to speak, it is because they haven't gained enough information yet and therefore can be subjected to too much information. They tend to hand out these observations because it comes from an already finely tuned source, the process is in generating the possibilities for FiNe, not finding out which possibilities are useful like NeFi.
    I would take a wing at FeNi and NiFe, but I figured I'd let this go up for scrutiny first to see if I'm completely off base or not.
    That's accurate.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 05-04-2010 at 07:27 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by he died with a felafel View Post
    well, i don't know about his Nazi party typings, but i wonder if your view of him is slightly influenced by his suggesting that your husband is not ISTp...I don't know, i thought maybe you saw his comment as purposefully malicious or sth...hence your suggestion he's the worst typer on the history of the forums or sth. meh, maybe not even worth bringing it up, but i couldn't help it, lol. please don't shoot me, only Sarinana shoots girls, and i'm not even pretty enough for her to shoot me
    cheers
    Oh no, I didn't even remember htat. Actually I still don't. I have memory problems due to a medical issue. What type did he think my husband is? I don't honestly care about that kind of thing. I just really think he had some horrible typings in general.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Creepy-Cyclops

I remember he would ask for money in return for telling people there types. Somewhat amusing, though he was probably serious.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123