Thread: Please VI me

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Greeter View Post
    Why wouldn't being atheist mesh with INFjs? It certainly does not bother me. I'm somewhat caught in between.
    Oh, well I'm glad to hear it doesn't. I know some INFjs in person, and they are either religious or "spiritual" and won't hear my talk about atheism.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    haha, yeah. April actually fits more into my understandig of INFj's I know irl - understanding, will take a joke for the sake of not causing trouble, a bit prim and proper but genuine people one can trust.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Yeah for real. Those things definitely point to INFj, and not much else.
    How about Ne, language and connections between things of essence?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think I've demonstrated Ne and Si-seeking in some of my posts. It doesn't necessarily need to ooze from every pore. I don't want to be the subject of confirmation bias, wherein somebody types me as ESFp or whatever type, and then finds information to support that typing and reject whatever information does not fit that type. Also, please consider intratype differences. Not all delta NFs are humorless. When I was playing around with mercutio, it was just that--playing. All in all, I am greater than the sum of my parts.

For instance, does this not sound INFj?

Quote Originally Posted by April
    I'm bad at taking care of myself. I push myself until I'm sick and worn down. I know it sounds simple, but I really want somebody to just make me a sandwich and give me a back rub. I need somebody to (lightly) kick me in the butt sometimes, because I put off things that I know need to be done but are unpleasant.
    I think the following sounds like Ne ego, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by April
    This is an interesting inventory, so I'd be curious to see additional research on it beyond the measurement construction. They are starting to get at it by correlating it with addictive and risk-taking behavior, but there are probably more basic human traits, circumstances, and experiences associated with the factors. For instance, your current financial status could have an impact on your scores. Additionally, they only speculate that a negative, abusive childhood is associated with the past-negative factor, but that seems obvious to me. I think that they could control for such intervening variables. Also, I think it's evolutionary to have a more past-negative outlook, anyway, because that's how we learn, "Okay, don't touch the hot stove because you get burned." All in all, interesting, but lacking, I think.
    Also, looking back at some older posts in this thread, I noticed your comment about FiNe static bonds. I do create static Fi bonds with others. I don't know why you assumed that they are not static. I've actually had trouble with ESFps in the past where I didn't think that they were loyal enough and too flighty.

I haven't felt the need to really defend my thoughts up until this point, but as you can see, I'm starting to get there.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    I think I've demonstrated Ne and Si-seeking in some of my posts. It doesn't necessarily need to ooze from every pore. I don't want to be the subject of confirmation bias, wherein somebody types me as ESFp or whatever type, and then finds information to support that typing and reject whatever information does not fit that type. Also, please consider intratype differences. Not all delta NFs are humorless. When I was playing around with mercutio, it was just that--playing. All in all, I am greater than the sum of my parts.

For instance, does this not sound INFj?

I think the following sounds like Ne ego, as well.

Also, looking back at some older posts in this thread, I noticed your comment about FiNe static bonds. I do create static Fi bonds with others. I don't know why you assumed that they are not static. I've actually had trouble with ESFps in the past where I didn't think that they were loyal enough and too flighty.

I haven't felt the need to really defend my thoughts up until this point, but as you can see, I'm starting to get there.
    I think pushing yourself is Se; anyone can be bad at taking care of themselves. I am very good at taking care of myself sometimes because I am so concerned about health; taking care of self may be outside self like showering and brushing hair and teeth, on a regular basis; but then some N types change clothes two or three times a day.

Anyone can be interested in reading and knowledge on a topic that interests them; Ne ego see potential of possibility of static objects.

Offering many suggestions to people is also not strict to Ne; Se; Te are great at suggesting many things. Ne just has that way about seeing the potential.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I think pushing yourself is Se; anyone can be bad at taking care of themselves. I am very good at taking care of myself sometimes because I am so concerned about health; taking care of self may be outside self like showering and brushing hair and teeth, on a regular basis; but then some N types change clothes two or three times a day.

Anyone can be interested in reading and knowledge on a topic that interests them; Ne ego see potential of possibility of static objects.

Offering many suggestions to people is also not strict to Ne; Se; Te are great at suggesting many things. Ne just has that way about seeing the potential.
    Why did you ask if I was interested in accumulating knowledge if it wasn't type related? I don't just offer many suggestions to people; I often just go with the best one, so I don't understand where that's coming from either. If you are referring to my post about the psychological instrument, then I think I was seeing the potential in it (and therefore also the deficiencies in it).

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    Why did you ask if I was interested in accumulating knowledge if it wasn't type related? I don't just offer many suggestions to people; I often just go with the best one, so I don't understand where that's coming from either. If you are referring to my post about the psychological instrument, then I think I was seeing the potential in it (and therefore also the deficiencies in it).
    I was fascinated to know how you accumulated it.
    -

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having read through your posts in this thread, April, I now think you are probably EII. You demonstrate a stronger use of Ti than most IEEs do (leading to those speculations of you being Alpha NT from some people earlier in the thread), and a greater affinity for order (rationality). I wouldn't rule out IEE entirely at this point, but EII makes better sense of the evidence, in my opinion.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    Having read through your posts in this thread, April, I now think you are probably EII. You demonstrate a stronger use of Ti than most IEEs do (leading to those speculations of you being Alpha NT from some people earlier in the thread), and a greater affinity for order (rationality). I wouldn't rule out IEE entirely at this point, but EII makes better sense of the evidence, in my opinion.
    Thanks, I appreciate the thoughtful conclusion of an LII

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I was fascinated to know how you accumulated it.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something I thought of, April - If I remember correctly, you've been through a lot, particularly physically, and experiences like that tend to shape who people are to a greater or lesser extent. Having to deal with it, by necessity needing to develop your willpower, could have affected your Se PoLR, if you're INFj. That could, in addition to simple inherent individuality, explain why you're different from other INFjs you might know, particularly in terms of the "doormat" quality. I know for myself, having spent some of my formative years under the tutelage and influence of an ESTp, that my own abilities to assert myself and approach people and topics in a direct fashion have improved a lot over a span of time.

So, anyway, that's something I thought of. I believe the kinds of things that happen to people, the experiences they have, can have dramatic and defining effects, and which can make two people of the same type behave and even think rather differently.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thank you for your help, Minde. You recall correctly--I have been through a lot of hardship. I think I've learned to deal with a lot of it through humor, but I'm still always learning other coping strategies. My sister (INFj) has been through some of the same things as me, but her strategy was always to avoid. Mine was to point at it and talk about it, or I would go nuts. I also wonder how much birth order affects things. As the youngest child, I was always the fiesty one who could get away with anything. I know that there are 6 billion people on the planet, and there are only 16 types, so there's bound to be a lot of intratype differences. As an analytical type of person, I like to think about all of the reasons for those differences, though. What about brain chemistry, intelligence, personal talents, etc? It's both fun and frustrating to come up with a cohesive system in my head.

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Akra View Post
    If it's not too personal, may I ask what birth order position your sister is? Avoidance was my M.O. for much of my life, certainly well into my adult life, and I was a middle child.

+1 for the "gone through stuff so won't be a doormat" INFj club? :wink:
    My sister is the oldest. She's 9 years older than me. She's the most lovely person on the planet as far as I'm concerned

Yes, I think it's tough balancing "won't be a doormat" with wanting to love and being understanding, though. What do you think? Sometimes I just want to smack somebody upside the head, but it can actually feel better (feel like the higher road?) to go the exact opposite route and just love them unconditionally. It doesn't feel good to have anger be such a strong movitating factor.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234