Thread: Please VI me

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    If somebody kicked my butt inappropriately, I'd have to evaluate their intentions for doing so. If they have good intentions, I could do one of several things depending on the situation: play it down by joking around, just say "okay" and let it pass, or let them know how it hurts me for whatever reason. If they have bad intentions, I'd either ignore it or bite back.
    What is meant by infantile of Delta NF is long time kicking in the butt enducance, sad to say, but the women in my quadra are known to be "tollerant". The men of that quadra are guardians to the women in many ways, physically, and emotionally. The ESTj man really knows how to cut relations with people. They are no the sweethearts on the outside that you think them to be, but very loyal to their very close.

So it's the package you just have to look at; are you comfortable with a man who is so rageful, sometimes anger directs him into action, schedualed, planned,...etc.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, Marie. Nice to meet you, too

Thanks, thehotelambush. I feel fairly confident at this point that I'm an Ne type. Now it's down to Fi/Ti and what order.

Could it be that I'm unnaturally good at faking Ti? I've had a lot of practice with school and my job. I don't think that I have Fi PoLR; I'm pretty people-smart. I was asking my boyfriend last night what type he thought I was, and he said I'm probably a intelligent ethical type, so people will think that I'm a logical type. I sense that I'm amongst intelligent people here, though, so I'm not sure how much you would be affected by that.

I think I'm also confused by comparing myself to my sister, who is INFj, and my mom, who is ENFp. That's probably not a good idea because of intratype differences, but I don't know how else to go about this. I'm more outgoing and self-confident than my sister. The Se PoLR is obvious, because she lets people walk over her. My mother's EP temperament is very obvious, since she can never sit still or stop talking. I don't relate to either of these.

Does anybody have a magical typing wand?
    I don't really see you as a Fi PoLR. Also, I personally don't consider intelligence or the capacity to think reasonably and logically particularly all that tied to socionic type. Like you indicated, a lot of that can be developed with exposure and practice.

With only 16 types (well, perhaps more, depending on your particular understanding of socionics), and billions of people in the world, just statistically speaking there's going to be the possibility of a wide variance in behaviors, preferences, thought patterns, experiences, etc. between people of the same type. For example, I know several ENFps, all of whom are definitely unique individuals. One is more dreamy, one is more quiet, one is louder, one is more scientific, and so on. But they're all ENFp.

You don't have to fit a precise mold to be a type. I know, lol, that may not really be of much help. I do not currently posses a magic typing wand. But I do tend to still think of you as INFj. Currently I don't see either Fi or Ti PoLR in you.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    What is meant by infantile of Delta NF is long time kicking in the butt enducance, sad to say, but the women in my quadra are known to be "tollerant". The men of that quadra are guardians to the women in many ways, physically, and emotionally. The ESTj man really knows how to cut relations with people. They are no the sweethearts on the outside that you think them to be, but very loyal to their very close.

So it's the package you just have to look at; are you comfortable with a man who is so rageful, sometimes anger directs him into action, schedualed, planned,...etc.
    Yes, I've had an ESTj kick my butt multiple times in the nicest way, though. He was clearly worried about my well-being, so I took it as very sweet.

I like scheduled, planned people. Anger is another issue with me, though. I grew up with a pretty rageful father. Rage scares the pants off of me, like I can't breathe. I have to try to calm the angry person down; it's what I'm immediately drawn to do.

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thank you, Minde

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Thank you, Minde
    What is your understanding of Fi; how do you use it?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    April, you're so EII and imo so similar to the user Suzzy. No other "magic procedure" to type you, I could not type from the pictures so far (maybe LII, especially in the one you look upwards, although I think you aren't considering what you say & stuff).
    Thanks for your typing, Pinocchio. What do you mean by I'm not considering what I say?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Thanks for your typing, Pinocchio. What do you mean by I'm not considering what I say?
    a
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 05-04-2010 at 08:12 PM.
    -

Creepy-Cyclops

Wasn't sure from first 3 photos, but the 4th photo looks a bit like Maritsa actually, INFjs (no apostrophe for Abbie).

You look cool.

I also like your avatar, that's cool as well if I may say so.

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What is your understanding of Fi; how do you use it?
    I strive to develop deep, emotional bonds with people (though it's much easier in person than it is online). I have an enormous capacity to love others. I'm always concerned with what other people are feeling and exhibit great empathy. It's my understanding that Fi is also related to likes/dislikes, and I'm pretty firm in my opinions of things. I'm trying to be to the point, but are there any aspects that I'm missing?

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LOL, I like my avatar. He's electric, not scary!

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFj-Fe.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I strive to develop deep, emotional bonds with people (though it's much easier in person than it is online). I have an enormous capacity to love others. I'm always concerned with what other people are feeling and exhibit great empathy. It's my understanding that Fi is also related to likes/dislikes, and I'm pretty firm in my opinions of things. I'm trying to be to the point, but are there any aspects that I'm missing?
    Lots of things like Vision is one; INFj's are oblivious of their surroundings, they need someone to monitor time and space for them because they can't feel objects well. Se PoLR makes it nearly impossible for them to request and demand people to do anything. They are less concerned about how they feel about themselves and things and are very humanitarian therefore they are known to be humanist with a moralistic streek; they love to tell people what they should do.

Humorless, even tempo on the outside. You will never catch an INFj laughing with a voice, a simple smile. They need Si, but can't produce it themselves. Si is activation function; the person's desires for food and sex disappears but when activated they will surpass those who have Si even in their ego block, wanting it all the time, but when someone else's influence of Si steps away, the person goes back to plain things.

I noticed what you said and...
    You see with Fi and SEE:

The individual is very adept at perceiving, establishing, and maintaining personal bonds between people. However, these bonds are often perceived as being situational and flexible rather than static. The individual is inclined to focus on establishing personal bonds with other people in the context of realizing or following perceptions from his base function.

The person easily creates a sense of closeness and kinship between people by expressing like and acceptance, but these sentiments are situational rather than an expression of permanent feelings. If the person's mood or external situation changes, he or she may "turn off" the feelings instantly, even forgetting whom they had created the feeling of kinship with

For FiNe the bonds are static
    -

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Do you notice if an object changes appearance quickly or not by looking at it?
    -

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Do you notice if an object changes appearance quickly or not by looking at it?
    Objects change appearance?

I had an embarrassing situation one time where I was walking with a group of people, and they all started talking about a bike. I was off in my own world, and half way through the conversation, I said, "What bike?" They all looked at me like I was daft, and pointed to the hundreds of posters that were up along the walls and poles about a reward for a missing bike.

One thing I don't relate to is the no humor part. I like making people laugh.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edit: btw, the question I put to every EII female: did you like to dream of yourself as a "countess", or other medieval lady title for fun? Or play that with friends?
    If you asked me this question, I would simply say "No, I did not."

For the record, April, I remember you as an INFj and I still think you are one.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Objects change appearance?

I had an embarrassing situation one time where I was walking with a group of people, and they all started talking about a bike. I was off in my own world, and half way through the conversation, I said, "What bike?" They all looked at me like I was daft, and pointed to the hundreds of posters that were up along the walls and poles about a reward for a missing bike.

One thing I don't relate to is the no humor part. I like making people laugh.
    Object as in you walk in your home one day and someone puts something or moves something somewhere else or changes colors to clothing things like that.

How is your enducance for mass reading and knowledge acquiring?
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-21-2010 at 10:11 PM.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Greeter View Post
    If you asked me this question, I would simply say "No, I did not."

For the record, April, I remember you as an INFj and I still think you are one.
    Did you ask her questions about static/dynamic of objects?

Vous n'êtes pas EII, mais vous poussez pour d'autres?

Offrez s'il vous plaît des questions pour déterminer un type. Offrez vraiment non seulement votre conclusion, qui est improductive.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-21-2010 at 10:10 PM.
    -

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The difference is that I never said I think you're an EII, so your answer doesn't matter (yet). Maybe in the future.

Edit: and maybe the next time you'll be polite to wait for the person in question to answer first, because you may influence the answer (making the intended one feel more reticent), or was that your intention?
    Oh no, that was not my intention. I know you didn't ask me, hence why I said "If you did ask me..."

I'll refrain from doing so next time.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you, Minde

LOL, I like my avatar. He's electric, not scary!
    Where is he from?

Oh, and, haha, I totally relate to that bike story. Things like that happen to me way more often than I care to admit. It seems like I often notice little random things that no one else does or cares about (like the little squirrel running across a fence across the street), while simultaneously missing what's really obvious and important to everyone else (like the oncoming car). Generally, though, oblivion to my physical environment is a hallmark of mine, unless I'm concentrating on observation, following a distraction, or it's forcing itself upon my consciousness. It does make for some amusing albeit embarrassing situations though.

The difference is that I never said I think you're an EII, so your answer doesn't matter (yet). Maybe in the future.
    Hm, so the point of that question is less to determine type and more to find out how many INFjs think that?
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post

Where is he from?

Oh, and, haha, I totally relate to that bike story. Things like that happen to me way more often than I care to admit. It seems like I often notice little random things that no one else does or cares about (like the little squirrel running across a fence across the street), while simultaneously missing what's really obvious and important to everyone else (like the oncoming car). Generally, though, oblivion to my physical environment is a hallmark of mine, unless I'm concentrating on observation, following a distraction, or it's forcing itself upon my consciousness. It does make for some amusing albeit embarrassing situations though.

Hm, so the point of that question is less to determine type and more to find out how many INFjs think that?
    I think minde that this prooves you are SEE...
    With EII, it's the other way around because of how static and dynamic of Se works.
    -

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you ask her questions about static/dynamic of objects?

Vous n'êtes pas EII, mais vous poussez pour d'autres?

Offrez s'il vous plaît des questions pour déterminer un type. Offrez vraiment non seulement votre conclusion, qui est improductive.
    Well, I'm not French but:

Quote Originally Posted by Google Translator
    You are not EII, but you push for others?

Please Give questions to determine a type. Give not only your real conclusion, which is unproductive.

I don't know what you mean by the first question; I don't think it matters what type I am really. To respond to the second, I am just recalling what April previously typed herself and that I don't oppose it now.

Ceci n'est pas une eii.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Isn't it "pas seulement"? Just asking.
    Oui,

Pinocchio, please help me answer questions of static and dynamics of Se. I don't have a dual here, but you can do it with me, just try.

Look at minde's post, I am connecting that to the static of Se; what am I seeing?

Being Se is PoLR of EII what would static Se mean to the person?

Here are clues dear:
    1. Noticing little random things. Se ego block
    2. Not noticing little random things. Se PoLR.
    3. Missing what's obvious and important to everyone else. Ne, weakness.
    4. Does not miss big obvious things because misses small ones. Ne ego block.

Suzzy also included how she was not good at driving because of the static of Se/ Ne weakness and objects that she missed. I will work on finding that link.
    -

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think minde that this prooves you are SEE...
    With EII, it's the other way around because of how static and dynamic of Se works.
    Wait a minute.

Are you implying that because Minde notices small random things but misses big obvious things, like an oncoming car, she is an Se-ego?

So does this mean Se-egos miss obvious objects?
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sorry, it's a typo, I meant: "you aren't [LII], considering what [things that] you say". Missing a comma.

Edit: btw, the question I put to every EII female: did you like to dream of yourself as a "countess", or other medieval lady title for fun? Or play that with friends?
    Oh, okay. No problem.

Sure, when I was really young. I would put on my "pretties" and go around the house acting like a "primpress."

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Object as in you walk in your home one day and someone puts something or moves something somewhere else or changes colors to clothing things like that.

How is your enducance for mass reading and knowledge acquiring?
    If it's a big thing, I would notice. Like, where did my couch go? Really, though, it's hard for me to imagine such a thing.

It's actually my job to do mass reading and acquire knowledge. I'm a researcher in social and organizational psychology.

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Where is he from?
    My avatar is from Bjork's Greatest Hits CD. He was my favorite, but there's all kinds of characters in there.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Wait a minute.

Are you implying that because Minde notices small random things but misses big obvious things, like an oncoming car, she is an Se-ego?

So does this mean Se-egos miss obvious objects?
    They have a difficult time with it and complain about it...that's what I have noticed. It's about static of Se.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My avatar is from Bjork's Greatest Hits CD. He was my favorite, but there's all kinds of characters in there.
    Are you a go getter?
    -

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They have a difficult time with it and complain about it...that's what I have noticed. It's about static of Se.
    So, if there is a big red car a little off to a Se-ego's side, then the Se-ego has a higher chance of not noticing said car than a Ne-ego?
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

So, if there is a big red car a little off to a Se-ego's side, then the Se-ego has a higher chance of not noticing said car than a Ne-ego?
    I'm not sure...I live in a very busy city; my SEE friend has gotten into countless auto accidents and I have none...maybe there should be a visual test done for it.

I don't move in space...I move differently, I can't describe it. You will have to watch a video of two individuals move in a space to know how they see objects and themselves in motion.

I can't find the link to the one where Suzzy talks about her car experience but here's others...

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...9-post130.html

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...4-post129.html

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/623151-post72.html

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/623133-post68.html

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/623122-post66.html
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-21-2010 at 11:21 PM.
    -

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Are you a go getter?
    I think somewhat. I plan to get my PhD, but I've been having some health problems for a while now that are getting in the way. I graduated from college with a 3.9 GPA, Phi Beta Kappa, and with a few awards.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I think somewhat. I plan to get my PhD, but I've been having some health problems for a while now that are getting in the way. I graduated from college with a 3.9 GPA, Phi Beta Kappa, and with a few awards.
    Well you seem to be ambitious and have great grades. You have very good feel for people. Good for you. Whatever you decide dear, you have my typing already. Do not shy away from a type because of negative connotations or because of preheld beliefs that some type are better then others; all of them come with their own set of problems and own conflicts of intertype relations; choose a quadra where you can make good friends and foster positive support. Type is about self and self improvement and relationships. There is no such thing as good an bad type and certainly no such thing as good and bad people. There are healthy and unhealthy individuals of every type and they all come with their set of ugliness. There's too much emphasis in this forum for N typing, which is sad to see because they don't see the value of S types; that is my observation.
    -

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thank you for your input throughout the thread, Maritsa

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I got the impression that you're a fun, outgoing person. SEE?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I got the impression that you're a fun, outgoing person. SEE?
    Oh boy, there's two votes. *starts a tally*

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast