Hybrid View

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    Based on that little snippet, sounds like I'd be turned off be ESE behavior, yet they are supposed to be my duals. Assuming I got my self-typing right of course.
    These things are only partly type-related, I think. Do 1/16 of people act like this?

I also thought ESE at first, especially because of "need to broadcast" and "if I like it, it's good and you should like it as well" attitude, but they're usually not as forceful as you make her be (could be Se-PoLR speaking, I don't know), and not with strangers. That woman could be ESE, SEE or some other type for all I know. No type has monopoly on acting like this, really.

Also, this snippet about ESE sounds true and it works rather well with LIIs poor awareness of their likes/dislikes, in my observation.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    These things are only partly type-related, I think. Do 1/16 of people act like this?

I also thought ESE at first, especially because of "need to broadcast" and "if I like it, it's good and you should like it as well" attitude, but they're usually not as forceful as you make her be (could be Se-PoLR speaking, I don't know), and not with strangers. That woman could be ESE, SEE or some other type for all I know. No type has monopoly on acting like this, really.

Also, this snippet about ESE sounds true and it works rather well with LIIs poor awareness of their likes/dislikes, in my observation.
    Certain types do have monopoly on actions, that's why I think once we figure it out, we, socionics psychologists can revolutionize helping people by encouraging them to refrain from certain actions based on their type....see where I am headed dear?

Force is not Se. Force is not Se. Force is not Se....someone should write that in stone somewhere. Maybe it's not force but idealism that is perceived to be forceful and driving in nature.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    someone should write that in stone somewhere.
    Counterintuitively, things written in stone tend to remain unknown to the majority of the population.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    Counterintuitively, things written in stone tend to remain unknown to the majority of the population.
    Extraverted sensing is also called Volitional Sensing, or Space-capturing Sensing.

This sensing function directs to occupation of space. People with this strong function are usually demanding people, which like when other people fulfill their wishes and demands. Not so much demanding as can get attention of individuals who they can get to act on something or requests. They often (but not always) have athletic, somewhat roundish figure, quick and demanding eyes. They are very persistent in the life: "If I want, then it should be achieved” [this is in the case of very healthy Se], and they often gladly help other people – those who accept their leadership. Their outbursts of anger may fear some people, but in fact they are short-term [this is a relative phrase that may or may not apply and situational as anger is true for all people] – in several minutes they become calm again and restore their good mood.

SEE are generally very good natured people.
    SLE, may be more stern.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-19-2010 at 06:57 PM.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Creepy-Cyclops

Extraverted sensing is also called Volitional Sensing, or Space-capturing Sensing.

This sensing function directs to occupation of space. People with this strong function are usually demanding people, which like when other people fulfill their wishes and demands. Not so much demanding as can get attention of individuals who they can get to act on something or requests. They often (but not always) have athletic, somewhat roundish figure, quick and demanding eyes. They are very persistent in the life: "If I want, then it should be achieved” [this is in the case of very healthy Se], and they often gladly help other people – those who accept their leadership. Their outbursts of anger may fear some people, but in fact they are short-term – in several minutes they become calm again and restore their good mood.

Generally very good natured people.
    I'm not convinced it's right to be quite as selective as this for the types, it can lead to confusion when bolding certain parts like you're last bolded part (i'm assuming you are bolding it due to you thinking it being very significant part).

EG:

Quote Originally Posted by ESTp description
    ESTps are very slow to anger. And when they do become angered it is very difficult for them to calm down.
    and, for sake of it:

Quote Originally Posted by ESTj description
    You are often unable to control your emotions in full. You can easily loose your temper with friends and relatives if they do not follow your instructions and tuition or if someone's behaviour goes against your logic and understanding.
    Which also maybe could be confused somewhat with what you are saying.

I suppose what i'm saying is that take it as it's whole, when you look at tiny bits, it seems it's easy to get muddled on which type does which, also to mention some people have more volatile personalities than others of the same psycho-type.

It's one of the things in my observation which can lead to poor typing.

ie, to use these descriptions to best of their capability, need to take it all into account, not really individual sentences etc.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I'm not convinced it's right to be quite as selective as this for the types, it can lead to confusion when bolding certain parts like you're last bolded part (i'm assuming you are bolding it due to you thinking it being very significant part).
    True, I just copied and pasted that when it had the bolding, I will go back and edit.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-19-2010 at 07:09 PM.
    -

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Force is not Se. Force is not Se. Force is not Se....someone should write that in stone somewhere. Maybe it's not force but idealism that is perceived to be forceful and driving in nature.
    I mentioned forced in reference to Se-PoLR. Which is oversensitive to anything it perceives as display of force against it, or so socionics sources tell me.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I mentioned forced in reference to Se-PoLR. Which is oversensitive to anything it perceives as display of force against it, or so socionics sources tell me.
    Yes...somewhat true, but because of the person's values and ideals it rules EII out because the person believe in inharent bad ness of people which EII does not because EII is generally very positive, optimistic, and hopeful person.

This person is a consistant actor of certain behaviors. If they were Se PoLR the act/behavior would be very short lived.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Se, in the modern context of the word, should be "GETTING" not force. Se PoLR is not being able to get or encourage people to follow a suggestion or demand. That might be perceived as pushing and other odd behavior (when the person tries to but sees that they are being unsuccessful), kind like what I do, persistance.
    -