Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IEEs-ENFps, trying out new sensory things and Si

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's this battle between wanting to try something new, and not wanting to end up being disappointed.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    The texture of raw fish doesn't bother you? Or the fact it's basically alive on your plate? The squishy feeling between your teeth? The horrendous smell? Couple it with onions and omfg
    Actually I LIKE that texture!! When it's smoked, salted, or in sushi (if it's good sushi), it doesn't have that fresh out of the ocean fishy smell. My preference is eating the salted or smoked fish with potatoes actually. Though onions do add some zip. However I must say that I grew up eating such stuff, so maybe that's why I like it. Sushi i was hesitant to try until my sister made me try one of her salmon sushi pieces in college. The first one was weird, but after the 2nd one, I was hooked!

Quote Originally Posted by Khola View Post
    most fish I find absolutely disgusting and won't even eat cooked, but I like salmon in sushi, and occasionally will eat sashimi. If you cook salmon I will baulk at it though. Fish bothers me.
    lol same re: salmon, cooked salmon makes me queasy. Give me raw sashimi grade salmon any day!

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    Looks like the prequel to this

It's the Burger Joint Burger!!!

oh, Lobo's gonna be all over that one!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    There's this battle between wanting to try something new, and not wanting to end up being disappointed.
    Yep, u hit the nail right on the head!

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ssmall View Post
    Quite interesting responses overall. Isn't it ISTp's who are getting stuck in a rut and keep their old habits? Isnt it ENFp's who pull them out of their old habits?

Maybe not. Just the stereotype floating around is like it is.
    I feel like each one gets stuck in their own rut that is way different from each other. The SLIs get stuck in a rut of hedonism, the IEEs get stuck in a rut of being too busy and having too much on their minds to just relax and have fun.

I feel like both sort of work to pull each other out into a happy medium.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mirror here. Depends on my mood. I usually stick to what I know but there are spurts where I just want to try something different. What I enjoy doing with friends, though, is restaurant hopping.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

Creepy-Cyclops

Si dominants tend to stick to their old faithful Si things I think, Se creatives more 'Si' adventurous.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Si dominants tend to stick to their old faithful Si things I think, Se creatives more 'Si' adventurous.
    I think this is about right. I try something that I haven't had before if I'm at a new restaurant or food outlet that doesn't have something I like, and then I usually tend to stick to that with no variation. I've been eating Oysters Kilpatrick whenever I can with minimal variation for years now.

EDIT

It's not so much that I'm afraid of being disappointed, I think it just doesn't occur to me to eat something new once I've found something tasty. I can mix things up sometimes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12