Thread: Rubicone

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by look.to.the.sky View Post
    I think the use of an IE is more of a creative function trait. Each type puts emphasis and use to their creative IE, so if you see someone using to accomplish whatever they are communicating, I think you can take that as a sign of being an creative type. leading interacts with the world built on information, and it's a given... There isn't an emphasis on it.
    Let me try to describe you my sister in angered situation; she will watch her husband yell and she will stand there and only provoke more emotions to come out by saying things that are out of place or pushing the envelope on a emotionally fragile topic, but she doesn't realize what she's doing. Substitute me, I will say calmer things to subdue those presented emotions in the person I am interacting with where I notice I have raised their emotion by a word or comment that I have made.

"I hate funerals. :-p I remember this one funeral in particular where I was really trying hard not to lose it, because I hardly knew the people involved .. lol.. and I felt like I was kinda disrespecting the family who was truly grieving by crying myself, even though I couldn't help it."

Comedy and tragedy...all interplay into one. Disrespect is the traditional nature in you. Being presented things or noticing things that are presented in the reasonable way is an influence of Te in the 3rd function.

"ESEs feel a need to appear efficient, productive and knowledgeable [ I would add reasonable because of the logic of Te] in their endeavours, as long as that does not conflict with priorities set up by their base function, extroverted ethics. For instance, they may end up defending a decision or action, even if it is not the most efficient, if it's the one they see as most desirable in order to achieve or maintain the emotional atmosphere they are aiming at (for instance, not be seen as hostile to a given person or group). They are able to participate in discussions involving exchange of factual information, or involving decisions as to the most efficient actions to take, for relatively short times; their inclination is to either try to lighten up the atmosphere if they see it becoming too heavy, or to become emotionally agitated, revealing their frustration. In such situations, if attempts by the ESE to lighten up an atmosphere they see as too "business-like" are met with factual counter-arguments, the ESE tends to perceive that as emotional hostility and react accordingly."

Ps...Mom is mistyped. And, there is no ESE on the pole, what happened?
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-22-2010 at 04:51 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Unlike SEI you are much more Fe and less Si then they are. SEI on the forum tend to be a bit more melancholic/withdrawn emotionally and don't use as many icon's of emotions as you do in your writing style. You write much more like Vero, lengthy and expressive paragraphs while our SEI members do not.
    What do you type Vero as? I don't speak in a lengthy, expressive way though. :-p No one would call me an expressive person irl.
    That is Fe because you're completely making fun of yourself and whether you realize it consciously or not that pulls a lot of Fe (elicits emotions in others)
    Of course it's conscious, but I was just trying to be objective. :-p
    Manipulation is not conscious until it is conscious, it's a natural self until someone points it out to you that you are that self. Te have great control over their emotions all except anger;I have great control over my emotions all except crying.
    Interesting what you say about manipulation.. The thing is I would hate to think that I was manipulating people emotionally.
    Fe holders are very good about themselves not being influenced by the emotional atmospher so they can do it themselves, but they know which situation requires what emotional influece not just whether they can keep a lock on their own emotions or not.
    Fe holders?
    The above is pretty dramatic, you laughing, plipping people off...
    I don't flip people off in real life. :-p Using an amusing-looking red emoticon kinda takes all the drama out of it I think. Well who has ever used this in seriousness to mean they're angry? --> Also, WP was making fun of me, so laughing and telling him to essentially get lost is more appropriate than dramatic I think. :-p
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    What do you type Vero as? I don't speak in a lengthy, expressive way though. :-p No one would call me an expressive person irl.
    Of course it's conscious, but I was just trying to be objective. :-p Interesting what you say about manipulation.. The thing is I would hate to think that I was manipulating people emotionally. Fe holders? I don't flip people off in real life. :-p Using an amusing-looking red emoticon kinda takes all the drama out of it I think. Well who has ever used this in seriousness to mean they're angry? --> Also, WP was making fun of me, so laughing and telling him to essentially get lost is more appropriate than dramatic I think. :-p
    You're pretty expressive here; Vero, I typed her ESE.
    I hate the word manipulation too, it's sound bad, it is really "change" alter or effect.
    The question is what do you do when etiquet in a formal situation, like a party, calls you to not laugh, joke, fun or make fun?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Comedy and tragedy...all interplay into one. Disrespect is the traditional nature in you.
    I definitely agree with those statements. But I'm generally careful around people who are emotionally sensitive.
    "ESEs feel a need to appear efficient, productive and knowledgeable [ I would add reasonable because of the logic of Te] in their endeavours, as long as that does not conflict with priorities set up by their base function, extroverted ethics. For instance, they may end up defending a decision or action, even if it is not the most efficient, if it's the one they see as most desirable in order to achieve or maintain the emotional atmosphere they are aiming at (for instance, not be seen as hostile to a given person or group). They are able to participate in discussions involving exchange of factual information, or involving decisions as to the most efficient actions to take, for relatively short times; their inclination is to either try to lighten up the atmosphere if they see it becoming too heavy, or to become emotionally agitated, revealing their frustration. In such situations, if attempts by the ESE to lighten up an atmosphere they see as too "business-like" are met with factual counter-arguments, the ESE tends to perceive that as emotional hostility and react accordingly."
    I agree with most of that, except I don't think I'd see factual counter-arguments as being evidence of hostility - just boring or something.
    Ps...Mom is mistyped. And, there is no ESE on the pole, what happened?
    Yeah, perhaps Mom's mistyped. :-p Her modus operandi seems Ti-ish to me though, from descriptions anyway..

I don't recall seeing an ESE on a pole. I think an ESE could potentially be Something Else though? Sorry - I quite unhospitably didn't allow for the ESE. Nor for the EII.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're pretty expressive here; Vero, I typed her ESE.
    I hate the word manipulation too, it's sound bad, it is really "change" alter or effect.
    The question is what do you do when etiquet in a formal situation, like a party, calls you to not laugh, joke, fun or make fun?
    Well it depends on the particulars of the party. I wouldn't want to ruin someone's party merely for my own amusement. If someone's put a lot of effort into organising a formal wedding or something and it's the highlight of their life, I'm not going to be an idiot about it. :-p I generally find a lot of forms of etiquette to be unnecessarily pompous and self-aggrandising though. I like to observe them sometimes to make fun of them. But acting gentil can be fun in itself. This EIE guy and I used to kinda bow at each other when we passed each other in the corridors to demonstrate our mutual dislike for each other. haha I found that amusing. I don't like excessive crassness though either.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I definitely agree with those statements. But I'm generally careful around people who are emotionally sensitive.
    I agree with most of that, except I don't think I'd see factual counter-arguments as being evidence of hostility - just boring or something. Yeah, perhaps Mom's mistyped. :-p Her modus operandi seems Ti-ish to me though, from descriptions anyway..

I don't recall seeing an ESE on a pole. I think an ESE could potentially be Something Else though? Sorry - I quite unhospitably didn't allow for the ESE. Nor for the EII.
    Mom sounds like weak Ti; twisting facts to fit the case...hummm
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Well it depends on the particulars of the party. I wouldn't want to ruin someone's party merely for my own amusement. If someone's put a lot of effort into organising a formal wedding or something and it's the highlight of their life, I'm not going to be an idiot about it. :-p I generally find a lot of forms of etiquette to be unnecessarily pompous and self-aggrandising though. I like to observe them sometimes to make fun of them. But acting gentil can be fun in itself. This EIE guy and I used to kinda bow at each other when we passed each other in the corridors to demonstrate our mutual dislike for each other. haha I found that amusing. I don't like excessive crassness though either.
    ESE...LOL oh dear you are funny. You can't see your own type in what you just wrote; You don't value Se so you can't be EIE.
    SEI would enjoy their sensations at the party Si; You did not mention Si first; try it ask the same question to an SEI and wait to see their response, then you will see that you are truely ESE.

You're not EII; my sister and I are not that alike, she is ESE. If I were at a party I would behave myself and not make fun, just watch the relationship interplay between people, that's EII, I would dance if I had a dual to pick me off my feet.

With my ESE sister and cousin, what you said is what I have to endure with, that mood they release into the general atmosphere of the table, it brings well a little something that there was not there before you arrived.
    -

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI would enjoy their sensations at the party Si; You did not mention Si first; try it ask the same question to an SEI and wait to see their response, then you will see that you are truely ESE.
    We were addressing the subject of etiquette though. :-p Why would I start talking about my sensations?

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're not EII; my sister and I are not that alike, she is ESE. If I were at a party I would behave myself and not make fun, just watch the relationship interplay between people, that's EII, I would dance if I had a dual to pick me off my feet.

With my ESE sister and cousin, what you said is what I have to endure with, that mood they release into the general atmosphere of the table, it brings well a little something that there was not there before you arrived.
    I think I'm giving the wrong impression here. I "behave" myself in general - maybe just subtly make fun of things. "A little something" lol - sounds creepy!

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

We were addressing the subject of etiquette though. :-p Why would I start talking about my sensations?
    Si would start talking; let's ask one for fun...I will. I started a new thread on that let's see how SEI respond, don't say anything now...and let's see how vero responds.
    -

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si would start talking; let's ask one for fun...I will. I started a new thread on that let's see how SEI respond, don't say anything now...
    Are we whispering? 'Cause I think everyone can hear us..

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Are we whispering? 'Cause I think everyone can hear us..
    I forget this is a forum sometimes.
    -

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I forget this is a forum sometimes.
    That must be freeing!

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:grr: :-p
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    :redface:

Creepy-Cyclops

I like this thread.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12