Thread: Deltas do you call your significant others "sweetheart" 'honey, etc.

Hybrid View

Creepy-Cyclops

I used to date someone where we had a game where we'd come up with names like that for each other, anyway it got to some pretty ridiculous names, but it was tongue in cheek and made us laugh. Just had to be careful no one else heard us or they'd think we were insane, well, only be careful sometimes, the world'll find out sooner or later.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the idea of pet names, but currently have 0 w/ my current bf. He said usually girls call him things, but he says nothing in return. Weird.

In the past, guys have called me names, mainly feeler guys. Such as babe, baby, sweet pea, or silly made up names.

i'm ok w/ not using the fake names. I feel weird saying them. I agree w/ WorkaholicsAnon that I would be more likely to use them in writen form, like a text or something, but even then I feel a bit dumb.

Come to think of it, my SLI doesn't even say my name out loud very often at all. I've only heard him say it maybe a few times. I say his name a lot more just in conversation.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only if I wanted to annoy my significant other

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can someone not like being called something lovingly? I can't get that through my head. It seems like some kind of phobia for affection.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    I like the idea of pet names, but currently have 0 w/ my current bf. He said usually girls call him things, but he says nothing in return. Weird.

In the past, guys have called me names, mainly feeler guys. Such as babe, baby, sweet pea, or silly made up names.

i'm ok w/ not using the fake names. I feel weird saying them. I agree w/ WorkaholicsAnon that I would be more likely to use them in writen form, like a text or something, but even then I feel a bit dumb.

Come to think of it, my SLI doesn't even say my name out loud very often at all. I've only heard him say it maybe a few times. I say his name a lot more just in conversation.
    Your guy needs to increase his woman-pleasing abilities by tending more to her/your emotions. That's too bad.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    Your guy needs to increase his woman-pleasing abilities by tending more to her/your emotions. That's too bad.
    Some are not that into pleasing their partners in both the emotional and physical level, and it's usually not expected of men to tend to the emotional issues of women, which undoubtedly, is a major cause of problems in relationships imo.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Some are not that into pleasing their partners in both the emotional and physical level, and it's usually not expected of men to tend to the emotional issues of women, which undoubtedly, is a major cause of problems in relationships imo.
    good call

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very interesting. . . I'm seeing a clear divide between the EIIs and IEEs in regards to use of pet names!

Maybe this is a delta p vs delta j thing.

Also, to Lobo, I don't see it as a phobia of love/affection. I feel it as kind of a sincerity/condescension issue. I know it doesn't really make sense. . .must be a "p" thing. Though the SLI I knew did occasionally out of the blue call random acquaintances some funny unique nickname (like this one girl whose last name was "Straw", at one point he was like "hey strawberry, I'm going to sit next to you"). The thing was that he felt nothing for her except very superficial platonic acquaintance. there's more to that story but I won't go off on that tangent here; my relevant point has been made.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Very interesting. . . I'm seeing a clear divide between the EIIs and IEEs in regards to use of pet names!

Maybe this is a delta p vs delta j thing.

Also, to Lobo, I don't see it as a phobia of love/affection. I feel it as kind of a sincerity/condescension issue. I know it doesn't really make sense. . .must be a "p" thing. Though the SLI I knew did occasionally out of the blue call random acquaintances some funny unique nickname (like this one girl whose last name was "Straw", at one point he was like "hey strawberry, I'm going to sit next to you"). The thing was that he felt nothing for her except very superficial platonic acquaintance. there's more to that story but I won't go off on that tangent here; my relevant point has been made.
    Hmmm, idk if there's necessarily a type distinction when it comes to this. If my SO calls me babe, sweetie, or whatever, I wouldn't be doubting the sincerity. I take all I can get in terms of affection . It would feel kind of strange to tell my SO not to express affection towards me like that.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh, no. My SO does it all the time though and I hurt a little inside each time he calls me Babe or something. I guess I should like it but I dont. What the hell...come to think of it...I've never even called him by his name. I never even had to. That's odd.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    I have no phobia of affection. I love to please, pamper, and please, adore. And, give them lots of independence and freedom.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I have no phobia of affection. I love to please, pamper, and please, adore. And, give them lots of independence and freedom.
    When I got to end of second sentence I was wondering if sounded a little smothering, lol.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I call my husband "sweetie".

I call my girls:

Baby doll
    Baby love
    Lovey dove (or love dove)
    Lovey
    Cutie Patootie
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.