Thread: ENFps would you describe ISTps as "sweet"?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ENFps would you describe ISTps as "sweet"?

please bear with me regarding these SLI questions, everyone...

would you describe SLIs as "sweet" in relationships? Would they, deep down, ever consider themselves as being "softies"? Like say if they had daughters?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post

would you describe SLIs as "sweet" in relationships? Would they, deep down, ever consider themselves as being "softies"? Like say if they had daughters?
    I wish I knew. . .

However, i did see a photo of the SLI i knew, at a wedding, "dancing" with 2 little girls probably around 7 or 8 years old, holding their hands. It was so adorable! (and I never expected that from him). So I guess my answer is yes. . .

p.s. and yes, again, I admit I am a facebook stalker
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I wish I knew. . .

However, i did see a photo of the SLI i knew, at a wedding, "dancing" with 2 little girls probably around 7 or 8 years old, holding their hands. It was so adorable! (and I never expected that from him). So I guess my answer is yes. . .

p.s. and yes, again, I admit I am a facebook stalker
    thanks, work!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post

The ones I know are softies deep down.

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the SiTe I've had close enough experiences with are huge softies in the side, they are absolutely adorable and thoughtful... Once you reach that stage with them. You are either very lucky and caught one's imagination and they already start to act tender towards you (super rare) or after you win gold in all Olympic feats (only half sarcastic here ), then this very tender and loyal side comes out. Both SiTe I've been involved with told me they usually avoid relationships because it takes up half of their mind, and it distracts them from things they need to do. I found this funny because I always have my relationships churning in my head, so when a new one arrives, I can still maintain all of my other obligations outside of my social life.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very interesting. hmmmm. thank you everyone for your input.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by look.to.the.sky View Post
    All the SiTe I've had close enough experiences with are huge softies in the side, they are absolutely adorable and thoughtful... Once you reach that stage with them. You are either very lucky and caught one's imagination and they already start to act tender towards you (super rare) or after you win gold in all Olympic feats (only half sarcastic here ), then this very tender and loyal side comes out. Both SiTe I've been involved with told me they usually avoid relationships because it takes up half of their mind, and it distracts them from things they need to do. I found this funny because I always have my relationships churning in my head, so when a new one arrives, I can still maintain all of my other obligations outside of my social life.
    Interesting. . .now I'm REALLY thinking i'm SLI. I relate to the bolded. And I am not able to multitask social life with obligations too well at all.

hmmmmmmmmmm. . .

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. . .now I'm REALLY thinking i'm SLI. I relate to the bolded. And I am not able to multitask social life with obligations too well at all.

hmmmmmmmmmm. . .
    You're about as ISTp as I am ISTp.

(this means you're not ISTp )

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arctures View Post
    You're about as ISTp as I am ISTp.

(this means you're not ISTp )

Yeah shortly after I posted that I started remembering all the multitude of ways I'm IEE.

I suppose what look.to.the.sky wrote about inability to multitask relationships probably isn't type related, or can occur to either dual (SLI or IEE). Or maybe I can multitask it better than I think I can.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a sweetie deep down.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    I'm a sweetie deep down.
    Sure you are. . .

j/k

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Sure you are. . .

j/k
    He is actually very sweet on the inside and tries very very hard not to show it. But, I have been around my duals long enough to know how they like to cover this aspect about themselves up.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    He is actually very sweet on the inside and tries very very hard not to show it. But, I have been around my duals long enough to know how they like to cover this aspect about themselves up.
    Maritsa, repeat after me. . .

can you say SARCASM?

(did you just neglect to see the little j and little k down at the bottom of my post? Or you just wanted another chance to fawn over your supposed duals?)

Ryu is actually a good friend of mine on here.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Maritsa, repeat after me. . .

can you say SARCASM?

I don't get internet sarcasm, I get it in person, when someone starts to show it by laughing.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoapOfSapphire View Post

I have another SLI guy friend w a young daughter [18 months old or so, I think] and he absolutely loves her. When he talks about her his face stays calm/mostly expressionless, but you can see him light up very subtly at the same time, which is very sweet. He also includes her in some of his FB status updates, always w that dry SLI humor [a recent example: "FYI: [Baby's name] is learning colors and how to say R's. If she points and says "Gay!" she's noting your gray shirt, not judging your lifestyle."].

omg that cracked me up!!