When it comes to friends, I attempt at smalltalk but I admit, I'm pretty awkward with it. Smalltalk is far from my favorite thing in the world, and I often end up with awkward luls of silences. When it comes to coworkers, I do like to find a topic of common ground, but I've only had a few instances with this. I'm not the most outgoing person in the world, but I initiate more or less in a small group setting, or with one or two other people around. With larger groups or people I'm not as familiar with, it's more of a challenge. I don't want to be the opposite and Asocial, I want to get to know new people but it can take a while, so this is just the icebreaking step.

Then again, there are times when we sit there not saying anything, it would be even more awkward. It's even more strange when it's with new people, and I am aware that I can be repetitive with it. Other than generic topics, I don't know where to go. When it comes to interests, I can get deeper than simple smalltalk but I'm aware not everyone is interested in what I'm interested in.