Thread: DISC Subtypes, and other subtype systems

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default DISC Subtypes, and other subtype systems

Jezus is he cruel sausage
    Last edited by consentingadult; 08-01-2015 at 08:35 AM.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jezus is he cruel sausage
    Last edited by consentingadult; 08-01-2015 at 08:36 AM.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    LII-IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I propose a new subtype system, called DISC Subtypes. I mean, if we can have DCNH subtypes, which is basically adding new dichotomies to Model A, why shouldn't we incorporate various other non-socionic personality dichotomies to Socionics? We can start b y examining the DISC assesment system and see how that complements or overlaps Socionics.
    Correlation between Socionics and DISC:

Dominance – ExTx,
    Influence - ExFx,
    Steadiness – IxFx,
    Conscientiousness – IxTx, (also sounds sensing and judging, ISTj)

So if you want to make a socionics subtype system out of DISC it would be about the 1st and 3rd Jungian dichotomy whereas DCNH is about the 1st and 4th...

The correlation between DISC subtypes and DCNH subtypes would be as follows:

DCNH - DISC
    D - D, I
    C - no correspondence
    N - S, C
    H - no correspondence

In other words: This possible DISC subtype system is already included in DCNH. Te-, Fe-, Ti- and Fi-subtypes already exist in DCNH if you use their Ego- and Id-functions as names (instead of D, C, N and H).

Oh, I also propose a subtype system based on social extroversion and introversion. Could be handy to explain differences between e.g. gregarious and shy IEEs.
    Just get used to DCNH. Creative IEEs are most often gregarious, Harmonizing IEEs are often shy.

I also propose the so-called neurotic subtypes system:

relaxed subtype: is propably dualized and mainy uses his/her ego-block functions.
    burn-out-subtype: mainly uses super ego functions.
    depressed subtype: mainly uses super-id functions.
    That is interesting because (unlike http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Fiv...onality_traits) standard Socionics doesn't tell us much about neuroticism. Fortunately, there is a system called DCNH in socionics

Neuroticism corresponds with the Connecting/Ignoring dichotomy of the DCNH system. Dominant and Harmonizing subtypes are connecting (~ more neurotic), Creative and Normalizing subtypes are ignoring (less neurotic).
    Last edited by JohnDo; 03-29-2010 at 02:25 AM.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'd say H subtype best correlates to S in disc; C subtype not really sure, maybe I.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDo View Post
    Dominance – ExTx,
    Influence - ExFx,
    Steadiness – IxFx,
    Conscientiousness – IxTx, (also sounds sensing and judging, ISTj)
    I've looked into DISC before, and that correlation sounds about right -- except that ExTx is both (ESTj and ENTj) as well as (ESTp, ENTp), and likewise for ExFx, IxFx, and IxTx.

As for making it into a subtype system, I suppose you could, but it's really not up to the same standards of precision as Socionics. It would be like using MBTI as a subtype system.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

D - D-sub
    I - C-sub
    S - H-sub
    C - N-sub

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ANTAGONISTIC ENVIRONMENTS

D:Measures one's relative initiative with problems, with a high scoring D having high initiative in the face of problems, and a low scoring D displaying low initiative. Are motivated by winning, competition, and success. They prioritize taking action, accepting challenges, and achieving results and are often described as direct and demanding, strong-willed, driven, and determined. D styles tend to be outspoken, but can be rather skeptical and questioning of others.

(Connector > Ignorant, Terminative > Initiative, Connecting > Distancing/Dominant DCNH+/Dominant-Normalizing DCNH)

C: Measures one's relative acceptance of procedures, rules, or guidelines with a high scoring C being very accepting of procedures and a low scoring C being prone to reject procedures. Are motivated by opportunities to gain knowledge, show their expertise, and produce quality work. They prioritize ensuring accuracy, maintaining stability, and challenging assumptions. They are often described as careful, analytical, systematic, diplomatic, accurate, and tactful.

(Ignorant > Connector, Terminative > Initiative, Distancing > Contacting/Normalizing DCNH +/Normalizing-Dominant DCNH)

FAVORABLE ENVIRONMENTS

I - Influence: Measures one's relative initiative with people, with a high scoring I showing high initiative with people, and a low scoring I showing low initiative with people. Are motivated by social recognition, group activities, and relationships. They prioritize taking action, collaboration, and expressing enthusiasm and are often described as warm, trusting, optimistic, magnetic, enthusiastic, and convincing.

(Connector > Ignorant, Initiative > Terminative, Connecting > Distancing/Explorative DCNH +/Creative-Dominant DCNH)

S - Steadiness: Measures one's relative comfort with changes of pace, with a high scoring S having a low comfort with changes of pace, and a low scoring S being highly comfortable with changes. Are motivated by cooperation, opportunities to help, and sincere appreciation. They prioritize giving support, collaborating, and maintaining stability and are often described as calm, patient, predictable, deliberate, stable, and consistent.
    (Ignorant > Connector, Terminative > Initiative, Distancing > Connecting/Preservative DCNH +/Harmonizing-Normalizing DCNH)

Speaking of which, that's not how DISC actually works; there also is a secondary subtype that is feasibly similar but different to the theory that Gulenko has been developed. Therefore, you could, for instance, deconstruct those into the wide array of variables that might end up being more convoluted than ever, and it would probably look like this:

Di - tend to be results-oriented, vocal, and enthusiastic, influencing others through their charm and bold action.
    (Dominant or Dominant-Creative)
    DC - tend to be diligent, tough-minded, and creative, influencing others through their high standards and determination.
    (Dominant-Normalizing)
    iD - tend to be high-energy, charismatic, and adventurous, influencing others through their boldness and passion.
    (Creative or Creative-Dominant)
    iS - tend to be warm, friendly, and sociable, influencing others through their agreeableness and empathy.
    (Creative-Harmonizing)
    Si - tend to be generous, approachable, and compassionate, influencing others by showing empathy and patience.
    (Harmonizing or Harmonizing-Creative)
    SC - tend to be accommodating, patient, and reliable, influencing others through diplomacy and self-control.
    (Harmonizing-Normalizing)
    CD - tend to be skeptical, stubborn, and disciplined, influencing others through their strict standards and resolute approach.
    (Normalizing or Normalizing-Dominant)
    CS - tend to be cautious, orderly, and precise, influencing others through their practicality and attention to detail.
    (Normalizing-Harmonizing)

Sources reference:
    https://neosocio.blogspot.com/2021/0...s-defined.html
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...e-model/page26
    http://varlawend.blogspot.com/2020/0...-subtypes.html
    Last edited by Metaphor; 06-02-2022 at 04:21 AM.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."