Thread: Extraverted sensing Se PoLR of EIIs-INFjs

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    I met my husband years before I heard about Socionics.
    That's so romantic. So when you read about the duality did things just make sense? Or, what did you think of it all?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    No, I think you misunderstand me - Basically you seemed to be saying that because you see both Smilingeyes and Maritsa as Betas it makes sense to you that he'd see her as being in the same quadra. But the problem with that is that I, someone you've said you see as Delta, also considers Maritsa a Delta. Which is where I see that logic as breaking down - unless, of course, you see me as Beta, too.
    The biggest problem with Socionics is how easy it is to mistype ourselves or others. So I don't think there's any consistency like that. I'm just not surprised that he and she communicate well. It isn't a statement about you and him or her as I have no expectations of consistency.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    That's so romantic. So when you read about the duality did things just make sense? Or, what did you think of it all?
    I knew he and I got along oddly well, and that our relationship was much easier than most of the relationships of other people I know. Someone emailed me an MBTI test, and I thought maybe the personality tests would explain why we got along so well, but the MBTI site said that ENFPs get along best with INFPs, and that he and I shouldn't get along well. Which seemed obviously wrong, so I googled ENFP ISTP relationship or something like that and stumbled upon this site.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The biggest problem with Socionics is how easy it is to mistype ourselves or others. So I don't think there's any consistency like that. I'm just not surprised that he and she communicate well. It isn't a statement about you and him or her as I have no expectations of consistency.
    I agree with this wholeheartedly. I think the reason might be that the definitions of functions are not completely straightforward because they encompass so many aspects of behavior and there can be so many nuances in peoples' behavior. Also I think there's been some loss of meaning in translation from Russian (i.e. even if the words/phrases are translated well, the cultural meaning is often different in English).

The other problem is that individuals like Maritsa go around thoroughly confusing people.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I agree with this wholeheartedly. I think the reason might be that the definitions of functions are not completely straightforward because they encompass so many aspects of behavior and there can be so many nuances in peoples' behavior. Also I think there's been some loss of meaning in translation from Russian (i.e. even if the words/phrases are translated well, the cultural meaning is often different in English).

The other problem is that individuals like Maritsa go around thoroughly confusing people.
    Hehe, you can be in my quadra

But yeah agreed. there would be difference of understanding and all being translated.
    Hakuna Matata

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Mariella is ENFp....I can feel it; I havn't confused her at ALL; you however, are not. Her writing does not pressure my Se porl; you can't feel it because you're not in my shoes.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...from what I've been able to observe, they haven't communicated at all... And from what he's commented about her, it's been far from flattering... Where exactly are you getting that he communicates well with her?
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"communicate well" doesn't mean "get along".

I also completely disagree with what he said about Ne meaning demanding like a baby.

He seems to feel like he has great understanding of her or something. It's an impression and maybe I was wrong about that. I'm not that emotionally invested in it and don't want to argue about it.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

There is consistancy in VI, but the problem is that people don't group in appropriate spots after being typed to observe each other's connections, they hop on a spot that is not their VI type, mostly because they want to be another type, and so that causes a lot of problems in identifying who is who and what they said about what.
    -

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is consistancy in VI, but the problem is that people don't group in appropriate spots after being typed to observe each other's connections, they hop on a spot that is not their VI type, mostly because they want to be another type, and so that causes a lot of problems in identifying who is who and what they said about what.
    So does this mean you've hopped on a spot that is not your own? I agree with you on that.
    Hakuna Matata

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think of all the bad ways to type, VI is one of the worse.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sarahcoles View Post
    So does this mean you've hopped on a spot that is not your own? I agree with you on that.
    Please take your volitional pressure refered to as Se to the gamma quad thanks. I have alreasy typed you as ESFp and that kinda looks like what workaholicanon is doing right now...good luck with you.
    -

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well you COULD think of it that way, if you're stubbornly set on your VI method. . .

. . .OR you could be more open-minded about it and say people group themselves appropriately and your VI is inaccurate (which is probably the more likely case).

Your way is like fabricating scientific data to make it fit your hypothesis. Nature is nature. Science (i.e. socionics) attempts to describe nature (i.e. behavior), but if the description (i.e. your vi method) does not work, you're not allowed to FORCE your data to fit it. That's called scientific misconduct.

Can't force a round peg into an oval hole, Maritsa, no matter how much you want to see your way be correct.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think of all the bad ways to type, VI is one of the worse.
    I agree with that.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please take your volitional pressure refered to as Se to the gamma quad thanks. I have alreasy typed you as ESFp and that kinda looks like what workaholicanon is doing right now...good luck with you.
    WAAAA-WAAAAA!! the baby is crying. . .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YOU maybe have typed me as ESFp but that is very wrong.
    Hakuna Matata

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

well you COULD think of it that way, if you're stubbornly set on your VI method. . .

. . .OR you could be more open-minded about it and say people group themselves appropriately and your VI is inaccurate (which is probably the more likely case).

Your way is like fabricating scientific data to make it fit your hypothesis. Nature is nature. Science (i.e. socionics) attempts to describe nature (i.e. behavior), but if the description (i.e. your vi method) does not work, you're not allowed to FORCE your data to fit it. That's called scientific misconduct.

Can't force a round peg into an oval hole, Maritsa, no matter how much you want to see your way be correct.
    Or you can learn to look at your posts and see this and what a force it is and that is called volitional pressure; and back off from me...
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

WAAAA-WAAAAA!! the baby is crying. . .
    ENFp don't do that...but ESFP's like you do. It is individuals like you who clutter threads because you make inappropriate and out of place insinuating comments. The real problem is with me, I can't ignor people, because of the value I see in them...you are really mean for not comprehending that about me and backing off.
    -

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mariella is ENFp....I can feel it; I havn't confused her at ALL; you however, are not. Her writing does not pressure my Se porl; you can't feel it because you're not in my shoes.
    that's because you've stressed me out and annoyed me enough that i'm using my Se-role on you. I'm also using plenty of Ne that you obviously dont enjoy.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFp don't do that...but ESFP's like you do. It is individuals like you who clutter threads because you make inappropriate and out of place insinuating comments.
    uh-huh, that's convincing. . .

didn't you go on and on before about how sweet and kind and beautiful ESFp's are? where is your consistency?

what you say seems to be a matter of convenience to you.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or you can learn to look at your posts and see this and what a force it is and that is called volitional pressure; and back off from me...
    too much Ne for you? I see right through you.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's because you've stressed me out and annoyed me enough that i'm using my Se-role on you.
    That's actually an interesting socionic point. A certain ENFp that I know, when things aren't quite going the way she wants will often switch to "I'll just make it happen" mode. Which she's a lot better at than I am, btw.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You see what happends with ESFp's again like I pointed out before; ever time there is a fight they gang up on one person...that's your irrational kinda behavior...this is a good show of your type on the forum for all to see.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suzzy View Post
    I don't think I have come across a more horribly forceful person than yourself Maritsa in a long time so don't accuse someone who just disagrees with you as using certain functions to support that they are a certain type (the type that you want her to be)...she is being mild with you...We are all being mild with you...
    No you are not; you are using and I can feel it...
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

This is the kind of comment that is refered to as Volitional pressure Se (USED BY ESFP-LIKE YOU AND ESTP), and the kind of comment where I would ask you to please LEAVE ME ALONE.

You don't know when to back off, you twisted individual.

DO YOU SEE THAT

VIXENDOGFOX:
    "Actually, it pains me to admit this but I'm sorry, you're right that you didn't say it. I just reviewed the post and it was somebody else! Whoops..."

AND THAT IS WHY I AM AN HONEST PERSON...BECAUSE IT'S POINTLESS TO LIE, CHEAT, STEAL, AND INSINUATE COMMENTS LIKE THE KIND YOU MAKE WITHOUT VALID AND HONEST REMARKS.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Sarahcoles
    Workaholicanon
    Suzzy

All three of you are ESFp
    -

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No you are not; you are using and I can feel it...
    I think you should admit you are "sensing it" rather than "feeling it"

As for ESFp's ganging up on you... PERHAPS that is actually the true DELTA quadra!
    Hakuna Matata

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Well I can 'feel' that you are incorrect!
    Your comment again is Se
    Using what I use to pressure me into an inferior spot. That is called volitional pressure;
    -

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sarahcoles
    Workaholicanon
    Suzzy

All three of you are ESFp
    you can keep repeating that as much as you like, it won't make it the reality.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your comment again is Se
    Using what I use to pressure me into an inferior spot. That is called volitional pressure;
    i.e. we all have to agree with her. . .otherwise it's Se

that's a little dogmatic dont you think? are we in an intellectual dictatorship here?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can keep repeating that as much as you like, it won't make it the reality.
    Absolutely true. Couldnt have said it better myself.
    Hakuna Matata

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Why don't the three of you go form another delta quad just for yourselves?

That way I can have productive conversations with my dual and with the other two IEE on this site...that would be very pleasing for me.
    -

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i.e. we all have to agree with her. . .otherwise it's Se
    To me, it comes off as though she's put herself in this ""spot" all by herself, we just pointed it out to her.
    Hakuna Matata

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've come to a realization:

what Maritsa feels as Se directed at her, is not necessarily people actually using Se at her. It's Maritsa's Se-POLR feeling threatened by what she is told (generated from others' primary functions, be it Ne, Fe, Se, Ti, Te, what have you) and her being unable to substantiate herself.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

what Maritsa feels as Se directed at her, is not necessarily people actually using Se at her. It's Maritsa's Se-POLR feeling threatened by what she is told (generated from others' primary functions, be it Ne, Fe, Se, Ti, Te, what have you) and her being unable to substantiate herself.

That way I can have productive conversations with my dual and with the other two IEE on this site...that would be very pleasing for me.
    -

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No thanks, i fit in excellently with everyone in this delta quadra. You can fool yourself all you want that you fit in with us deltas.

the conversations here turned unproductive when you showed up maritsa.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

We are only after the truth about what types we are and it seems that you continuously insult us and we are fed up with it. We think/know/feel/sense whatever...that we know our types so go work on your own self typing and Delta is where we obviously feel that we fit so deal with it :grr: .
    I am sorry, but I don't "flip" people off...not as an INFj; I see that behavior as very rude.
    -

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Makes her by default ENFj or ESFj, i'd vote ESFj outa those two
    Hakuna Matata

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, so trying to stay on topic here... *ahem*. Something that really bothers me is people who abuse of their position to treat people disrespectfully... Abuse of power is one of the things I get passionate against.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sorry, but I don't "flip" people off...not as an INFj; I see that behavior as very rude.
    Um, you have pushed and pushed and pushed and pushed people Maritsa, we ARE fed up with it. Being Flipped off :grr: is one of the consequences you will have to deal with, whatever personality people are
    Hakuna Matata

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast