Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Laurel and Hardy

Socionics.com says that Stan Laurel is a ISTp - but I think Oliver Hardy is the ISTp (the larger of the two), and that Stan Laurel is a xNFx, prolly a ENFp (though they don't tend to have a dual relationship in their films ). I think their films show the relationship between a ST type and a NF type quite well - Hardy is practical and non-fanciful, Laurel is always doing something screwy, basically...

(does anyone care - their films are a bit old).

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ran into a Laurel & Hardy DVD box in the library, so I took it home just for old times sake. When I grew up as a kid, there movies were often on TV, so to my generation these guys are household names.

As to typing: for a change I agree with socionics.com on Laurel's typing of SLI, purely by VI alone. Don't know about Hardy's type, but my gut feeling says an SF type, most likely ESE.

In real life Laurel and Hardy were actually quite opposite of the typical characters they played. Laurel was known to be the artist of them both, the creative genius. Hardy, apparently, was quite content to arrive at the studio, play the scenes for the day, and then take off to play some golf.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking