Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Differences between mirror types SLI-ISTp and LSE-ESTj

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you :* Everybody is a bit afraid sometimes ... I'm usually afraid haha I quess I must be 6 in enneagram. We'll see how my relationship develops. I have close girlfriends both ISTp Te and ESTj Te, I get on better with the previous one. My boyfriend is much calmer and relaxed and mellow I'd say than my ESTj friend. Anyway, that's the best relationship I've ever been with so that might be the reason why I'm afraid.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Sometimes i wonder whether i should bother with duality at all, as my activity partners are so awesome! My point is that duality isn't the ONLY successful intertype for relationships. In fact, duality IME so far has been somewhat unattainable.
    I quess maybe you're a strong Fi subtype. For me it's the same, ISTp Si is just not what I'm looking for, as if they are too soft or something. In my case subtypes play a significant role and I quess the same might apply to you. Anyway, I also agree with you that types aren't that important but it's much easier to buid a relationship with somebody who has the same values. Workaholics Anon I wish you a lot of happy love in New Year )

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your boyfriend looks ridiculously similar to a Si-LSE friend of mine!

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pauluch View Post
    I quess maybe you're a strong Fi subtype. For me it's the same, ISTp Si is just not what I'm looking for, as if they are too soft or something. In my case subtypes play a significant role and I quess the same might apply to you. Anyway, I also agree with you that types aren't that important but it's much easier to buid a relationship with somebody who has the same values. Workaholics Anon I wish you a lot of happy love in New Year )
    Aww thanks Pauluch!! Your wish is so nice to hear after being let down by another dual who chose a supervisor instead... (it's the 2nd time that's happened).

You could be right, actually, about me being a strong Fi-sub... so far the three SLIs i've gotten interested in have all been Te-subtypes, and sometimes i wonder if i might be EII actually. Though Ep seems to suit me really REALLY well. So, maybe you have a point there...

wrt to your two delta ST girlfriends... you might get along better with one than the other because of NTR factors too... just to put it out there...
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your boyfriend looks LSE>>> SLI.. You look like you could be either IEE or EII, but I'll go with IEE based on your posts

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also think I'm ENFp. Many people have typed me ISFp, though .

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    That isn't good because you can have both an SLI and an LSE creative person and won't be able to tell them apart.
    Did you really take you that long to come up with a response that demonstrates you have understood ABSOLUTELY NOTHING of what I wrote?
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Did you really take you that long to come up with a response that demonstrates you have understood ABSOLUTELY NOTHING of what I wrote?
    Yes, every word of it and several times. What you're not getting from what I wrote is that in any given situation neither type will voice either aspects of themselves. An LSE doesn't show up at the scene and say "I'm trying to create this and that." You can't tell them apart by this. They gather stuff/ideas they like and try to use it and hence wanting to seem like they are creative, but they don't say that to you when you meet them. Every creative individual will be or try to be creative. If you're in a room with a bunch of creative types, whether that's writers or artists and one is LSE, you won't be able to tell which one. They all talk about the same thing, which is their art.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 12-22-2012 at 05:01 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He plays basketball in his own team, but he supports Polish football team Legia - from Warsaw. He's a great fan and he attends every match.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What else does he do other than attend basketball games? Does he talk about his emotions or how certain people and things got him upset. Infantile and "archaic" Fi emotions due to insufficient expression and repression fire back in ways like moodiness but with extraverts, they are directed towards specific things that happened on which they will voice or talk about.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What else does he do other than attend basketball games? Does he talk about his emotions or how certain people and things got him upset. Infantile and "archaic" Fi emotions due to insufficient expression and repression fire back in ways like moodiness but with extraverts, they are directed towards specific things that happened on which they will voice or talk about.
    He works in marketing department in a corporation. He loves sailing, watching films, sleeping. He's not emotionally expressive, he doesn't pay me compliments. He talks about things that made him angry, he describes the situation and gets rather emotional at the time. I have problems with talking about things that made me feel bad, I rather avoid it.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

He works in marketing department in a corporation. He loves sailing, watching films, sleeping. He's not emotionally expressive, he doesn't pay me compliments. He talks about things that made him angry, he describes the situation and gets rather emotional at the time. I have problems with talking about things that made me feel bad, I rather avoid it.
    Sounds like ESTp
    -

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually he's similar to the ESTp boyfriend I had in high school. But he has all the good traits and none of the bad . Most of his friends are delta and so is he. He definitely appreciates both Fi and Ne.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, every word of it and several times. What you're not getting from what I wrote is that in any given situation neither type will voice either aspects of themselves. An LSE doesn't show up at the scene and say "I'm trying to create this and that." You can't tell them apart by this. That trying to be creative aspect about LSE is just a mechanism of extraversion without any reflective abilities. They gather stuff/ideas they like and try to use it and hence wanting to seem like they are creative, but they don't say that to you when you meet them. Every creative individual will be or try to be creative. If you're in a room with a bunch of creative types, whether that's writers or artists and one is LSE, you won't be able to tell which one. They all talk about the same thing, which is their art.
    Again you demonstrate you have understood nothing of what I have said. I'm putting you on ignore, I've seen enough of your stupidity.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Actually he's similar to the ESTp boyfriend I had in high school. But he has all the good traits and none of the bad . Most of his friends are delta and so is he. He definitely appreciates both Fi and Ne.
    Certain traits are environmental, such aspects are learned; we are after-all influenced by our external circumstances; take an SLE who is super clean and neat, that may be because his/her parents were strict and exacting of this activity and the person has developed this task; and, yet another SLE who's parent's baby'd them and they are dirty. Etc.

What do you mean appreciates Fi and Ne. What do you mean by those functions?

LSE are regimented with their time; their major "worry"/fear is that they won't get to do something by a certain time, yet they have terrible time management; SLI have a good feel for Ni and aren't as rushed, sensitive, neurotic with that function.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Again you demonstrate you have understood nothing of what I have said. I'm putting you on ignore, I've seen enough of your stupidity.
    Do whatever you want.
    -

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean I get on really well with my boyfriend. We have no problems with communication whereas with the ESTp it was more like "hate-love" relationship. I was never sure of him, I felt he was impossible for me to achieve and at the same time he was getting on my nerves so much. He was trying to be romantic in a way I perceived really shallow,not needed and a bit stupid. My BF isn't romantic at all, maybe in the inside - yes. He sticks to his values. He appreciates sensitivity. He's very protective. He loves comfort. He's very careful with what he eats and he wants to feed me "You look as if you are hungry. Eat something", it seems to me he's in touch with his body. He has a great sense of humour. Sometimes he gets tense and I think he's angry with me just by looking at his face. But when I ask him he smiles and he says he's not. It has happened a few times.
    I definitely think we have the same values. So what do you think is my type Martisa ?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You can ask him what he thinks of the story of a disabled man abusing a dog and give us his response and I'll type him
    -

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You sure do sound like each other

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

He's just an introvert, Absurd. He has a concept in his mind and probably is very sure about how well it works in the external sense, in his head but due to lack of objective relation, he can't see that it doesn't work in usage in real life.

See I'm empathizing.
    -

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want to make him feel checked or something . I think it's enough that we get on and we mostly like each other friends. But I suppose if I told him the story, he would think of some witty response. If he read the story himself, he would probably not get angry or emotional, just decide that it was this guy's fault and he was abnormal or something. I would get angry in that case I would feel really sorry for that dog and really angry with the guy and disgusted a lot, and probably later think about that in broader spectrum like what we can do to prevent these things from happening, about handicapped people and how they feel and if anything can be done about it.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He's just an introvert, Absurd. He has a concept in his mind and probably is very sure about how well it works in the external sense, in his head but due to lack of objective relation, he can't see that it doesn't work in usage in real life.

See I'm empathizing.
    Thanks for not intentionally making me laugh

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On second thoughts, I don't understand how you can emphatize with that guy. Many people don't have any partner, not only handicapped people. Does it give them any rights to abuse anybody???

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

On second thoughts, I don't understand how you can emphatize with that guy. Many people don't have any partner, not only handicapped people. Does it give them any rights to abuse anybody???
    Because empathy is my default function. It's my base, It's what I DO first before looking at anything else.

It's not about having the right to do something, it's about understanding his circumstances. The very process of understanding is a way to shift what is objectively seen, observed and read, into a "deeper" more thought provoked zone, which is what Fi and Ti does.
    -

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think Fi types emphatize with everything in that way. Ok, I can find myself in somebody else's shoes easily and imagine what they feel like. But I still can take into account all the factors and I still have bad feelings for this person cause he hurts somebody who cannot defend himself.
    And still you haven't told me your opinion about my type. Does it mean you agree with IEE?

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    You sure do sound like each other
    Stop comparing others to Maritsa. Its not fair criticism, because its distorted and you're just trying to talk shit.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SLI hold back talking about their feelings, indirect communicator, passive aggressive, will talk circles around what you ask them, are ego/self centric, don't tend to take other people's feelings into consideration, being self absorbed.

LSE are self deprecating, worries that they are not talented enough, that people won't approve of them, need external approval or or reassurance, care about what people think of them; present themselves a certain way because they want people to see them a certain way even though out of the public eye they may be a completely different person. Are productive driven; negativist, get down on themselves.
    -

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do we VI?
    omg Si-ESTj clone of my friend. Also similar expression to Abbie and Absurd.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure he's ESTj Si . Still I'm wondering what he's clones look like. I don't know many people similar to him. Still not sure what my type is .
    To Martisa: in theory what you wrote seem to be true and I tend to stick to ESTj after your comparison. However, I know a few ISTp and wouldn't say they are passive aggressive.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI hold back talking about their feelings, indirect communicator, passive aggressive, will talk circles around what you ask them, are ego/self centric, don't tend to take other people's feelings into consideration, being self absorbed.

LSE are self deprecating, worries that they are not talented enough, that people won't approve of them, need external approval or or reassurance, care about what people think of them; present themselves a certain way because they want people to see them a certain way even though out of the public eye they may be a completely different person. Are productive driven; negativist, get down on themselves.

I'd say all of this describes SLIs too, except perhaps the "negativist" and "out of the public eye they may be a completely different person" bits, though ime, SLIs can act differently with different people or groups of people, not sure what their motivation for this is, but i think it depends on who they want to fit in with.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I'd say all of this describes SLIs too, except perhaps the "negativist" and "out of the public eye they may be a completely different person" bits, though ime, SLIs can act differently with different people or groups of people, not sure what their motivation for this is, but i think it depends on who they want to fit in with.
    Yeah, that's the same with most Ip types; it's a chameleon effect.
    -

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I've seen the ISTp description sounds more like INTp.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For VI:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    Stop comparing others to Maritsa. Its not fair criticism, because its distorted and you're just trying to talk shit.
    Krig, oh Krig! There he goes on supervising me again. Need help.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Differences between ESTj and ISTp

What are the main differences you notice? And how to differentiate an Introverted ESTj from and Extroverted ISTp?

I'll post my own views on that later.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

One of them only has the stick lodged in halfway.

retired
    TIM
    Se
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IME the most visible difference is that in a group Te-ISTp's don't lead or take charge while Si-ESTj's do.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    One of them only has the stick lodged in halfway.
    what do u mean by this?

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    I laugh but I expect people who respond to this thread to be at least somewhat serious. To the point. This is not about you especially but this forum seldom sticks to Socionics discussion in a serious manner. It often strays off to personal attacks, jokes (which are seldom funny), nonsense posts like pictures of horses and animals and typings of such. This is totally ridiculous imo. This forum cannot be taken seriously.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast