Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VI me and my brother

heh he got this one though "That's why they appear to like Beta ST's (ST means STupid) or Gamma NT's."
    before i considered INTp i thought i was ISTj :rollseyes:

and thank you!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaknet View Post
    heh he got this one though "That's why they appear to like Beta ST's (ST means STupid) or Gamma NT's."
    before i considered INTp i thought i was ISTj :rollseyes:

and thank you!
    The SEI, that I have known, want to be recognized for their strength and yet on the outside they are the softest people and people usually see that very well and associate them with INFp; but INFp's smile when they are saying something that they are angry about, try that and let me know if it's possible.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i thought infp. seems like you've got the Ni gaze.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i will upload more pics if it's going to help.in mbti i test as an intj.Also,my brother tests as an extrovert.
    MBTI, yeah about that. I'm still going with SEI based on VI; my INTJ friend is an SEI in Socionics and she's married to an ILE who is an INXP in MBTI. Both are NTs and social introverts, but she is totally an SF, and he an extrovert in Socionics, and she would probably be somewhat skeptical of the SEI typing if I told her, but its very true. ILEs don't have to be excited and talkative, but they do come across as more powerful overall due to extroversion. VI in your case--not conclusive, but I would lean toward that. and specially would not lean toward maritsa's neck typing.

Here, check this photo. Guy is INXP, girl is INTJ. But he is ILE and she is SEI. Duals.

*dont quote*
    Last edited by 717495; 03-14-2010 at 05:30 PM.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i will upload more pics if it's going to help.in mbti i test as an intj.Also,my brother tests as an extrovert.
    MBTI, yeah about that. I'm still going with SEI based on VI (but we'll see); my INTJ friend is an SEI in Socionics and she's married to an ILE who is an INXP in MBTI. Both are NTs and social introverts more so classically in MBTI, but she is totally an SF, and he an extrovert in Socionics, and she would probably be somewhat skeptical of the SEI typing if I told her, but its very true. ILEs don't have to be excited and talkative, but they do come across as more powerful, energetic overall due to extroversion. VI in your case--not conclusive, but I would lean toward that. and specially would not lean toward maritsa's neck typing.

Here, check these photos. Guy is INXP, girl is INTJ. But he is ILE and she is SEI. Duals. (Maritsa types him ISTp and her ESFj. stupid)

*dont quote*

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MBTI, yeah about that. I'm still going with SEI based on VI (but we'll see); my INTJ friend is an SEI in Socionics and she's married to an ILE who is an INXP in MBTI. Both are NTs and social introverts more so classically in MBTI, but she is totally an SF, and he an extrovert in Socionics, and she would probably be somewhat skeptical of the SEI typing if I told her, because she's used to MBTI, but its very true. ILEs don't have to be excited and talkative, but they do come across as more powerful, energetic overall due to extroversion. VI in your case--not conclusive, but I would lean toward that. and specially would not lean toward maritsa's neck typing.
    Last edited by 717495; 03-15-2010 at 09:25 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    SEI. Duals. (Maritsa types him ISTp and her ESFj. stupid).
    I typed her ESFp and him ISTp; you're not a very nice person. You are one bitter ISTp
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

i totally see your point polikujm and my LIE mother as a conflictor.i've just read stuff about the ILI/EII gaze and they were two of the four mostly possible types along with IEI and LII every time i'd take this test (ok i know you don't like tests but many say this is the best one http://www.mizami.nl/public_html/questionnaire) so i had kind of established my view .btw very sweet couple and the duality is strikingly obvious.i wish i looked that easy-going in photographs.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

i totally see your point polikujm and my LIE mother as a conflictor.i've just read stuff about the ili/eii gaze and they were two of the four mostly possible types along with eii and lii every time i'd take this test (ok i know you don't like tests but many say this is the best one http://www.mizami.nl/public_html/questionnaire) so i had a kind of established view .btw very sweet couple and the duality is strikingly obvious.i wish i looked that easy-going in photographs.
    In this thread, my friend, Rod is LII look at his picture and you can see that you look nothing like a T type...

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-speakers.html
    -

hmm is rod Krig the Viking ? yeah i'd never put much time and effort to translate and comment on a big text if it was not a school project or something.Also,the T i can exclude but what about the N? I am skeptical about INFp though because i can't see myself in beta quadra .

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

hmm is rod Krig the Viking ? yeah i'd never put much time and effort to translate and comment on a big text if it was not a school project or something.Also,the T i can exclude but what about the N? I am skeptical about INFp though because i can't see myself in beta quadra .
    INFp dress eligantly, have a constant fixed smile and smile when they are saying something they are upset about.
    -

they smile when they are saying something they are upset about? can you describe this one a bit?
    when i go past people i don't know well i find it really hard to salute but i don't want to come off mopey or angry so i try to have a slight smile

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

they smile when they are saying something they are upset about? can you describe this one a bit?
    when i go past people i don't know well i find it really hard to salute but i don't want to come off mopey or angry so i try to have a slight smile
    They have a constant fixed smile; that is you and I have to consciously smile; they just smile as a natural fixed
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In order to really believe you are ISFp, I'd have to hear why you think you aren't INFp. Because I get the vibe of INFp, and you also score as N on the tests. The way you explain yourself and reason about things also suggests Ni to me. I am INFp, and I also score INTp / INTj on tests. So there's that. In order to determine which type you are, it is best if you read the function descriptions of Ni and Si and tell us which you identify with. That should get to the bottom of this pretty quickly. Also, you may check out the MBTI function descriptions, because they are often times better since they abstain from going into alchemy / metaphysics.

how can i exclude infj,too?

check this delta quadra description:

"Subdued elements:
    The Delta Quadra doesn't appreciate high ideals or abstractions that don't relate well to real life. They also don't like large institutions or power systems that do not take into consideration the interests of separate individuals.

Typical Delta quadra group behavior:
    Discussion of interesting facts about people and places. Enjoy group outdoor activities. "Live and let live" attitude. Engage only in "productive" activities and discussions. Prefer smaller groups. Emotionally subdued; generally serious, but with periodic funny moments."

i am all about high ideals and don't relate well to "real" life.also, i don't enjoy engaging in "productive" activities and discussions.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then that seems to exclude INFj..

yes and eventually i think that i could fit in beta because the description here Socionics :: Quadras clears things up

this part does it,actually:
    "Subdued elements:
    The Beta Quadra is especially sensitive to and critical of earthiness, pronounced pragmatism, emotional indifference, and people who analyze their psychology and motives behind their backs."

i believed betas are/do all these.

*reading IEI descriptions*

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

maybe i'll pull a crazedratXII (INFp-ISTj) :redface:

*still reading IEI descriptions*

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    In my experience it's the opposite, as SEIs, IEIs are very expressive about what they feel and they mark that deeply on their look. It's just that they usually show a detachment, as if you can't bother them with trivialities, but they show very clearly their attitude towards you if something. For example, if they don't like you, they may show irony (what I call the Ni subtype) or being bothered (Fe one, frowning) on their face, without saying anything.
    i am not expressive about what i feel and i don't want people to know i don't like them.there are times that i find myself trapped because i can't directly say no to pushy people (anxious of concequences)

"INFps are usually uneconomical in financial matters. They find it difficult to refuse their whimsical desires. This can often lead them into financial difficulties and can result in them having to borrow money if they do not have sufficient money reserves."
    I could never do that.

"They are also inclined to small talk"
    wat.no.mmmaybe if it is a fataly awkward 2-person situation i can't find a way out of.

source:http://www.socionics.com/prof/infp.htm

here's an other description : http://personalitycafe.com/infp-arti...r-written.html (wow the best one )

it's dead on except for this part : "It must be noted, though, that they will not focus on their physical health. Physical well being is merely a small facet of life – it will never become a focal point for an INFp."
    I am almost a hypochondriac.

it also says "At their core, INFps cannot bear being disliked" and it explains why i am not expressive (to strangers )
    Last edited by Kalinoche buenanoche; 01-02-2014 at 01:00 PM. Reason: the fuck, 2010 self?

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request
    Last edited by Pied Piper; 03-14-2010 at 10:39 PM. Reason: fixed quote

heh you probably wanted to quote something else and i want to change the one you did because it IS difficult for others to hold my attention during interaction.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Does being prone to sensory overload make me an S type?
    Sorry, i've read si and ni stuff but i have a hard time figuring out which one applies to me the most.It seems that I was a sensor when i was younger but now i lean towards the N side.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Sorry, i've read si and ni stuff but i have a hard time figuring out which one applies to me the most.It seems that I was a sensor when i was younger but now i lean towards the N side.
    Si are prone to sensory overload, this is when they like to escape into their bedroom for hours either listen to music, daydream or relax and not have anyone around.

Ni beg for sensory, they ususally don't get overloaded.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

how can i exclude infj,too?

check this delta quadra description:

i am all about high ideals and don't relate well to "real" life.also, i don't enjoy engaging in "productive" activities and discussions.
    I think everyting you dislike about delta already excludes you from the whole quadra.
    -

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Rod is the "Socionics Institute" guy: the16types.info Socionics Forums - View Profile: Socionics Institute
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

this young lady is the same type as you; talk to her and see if you have things you can relate to one another as per type...

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...o-i-vi-nf.html
    -

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Truth about the smile

3. Tutankhamon’s smile. His line of defense in extreme conditions is his skill to demonstrate his attitude toward the situation, to reveal its comical aspects. So he has a fine sense of humor and possesses a very characteristic transparent smile, which appears at critical moments. His smile is warm, warming and exciting. However, his smile is in most cases caused by inner anxiety; the natural purpose of this smile is to raise his partner’s fighting spirit, to stir him up.

This just happens to me;there is no choice. Controlling it destroys my ability to function.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jughead View Post
    Truth about the smile

3. Tutankhamon’s smile. His line of defense in extreme conditions is his skill to demonstrate his attitude toward the situation, to reveal its comical aspects. So he has a fine sense of humor and possesses a very characteristic transparent smile, which appears at critical moments. His smile is warm, warming and exciting. However, his smile is in most cases caused by inner anxiety; the natural purpose of this smile is to raise his partner’s fighting spirit, to stir him up.

This just happens to me;there is no choice. Controlling it destroys my ability to function.
    both ISFp and INFp have in their second function; what seperates them is that INFp have a fixed constant smile and ISFp don't.
    -

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    this young lady is the same type as you; talk to her and see if you have things you can relate to one another as per type...

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...o-i-vi-nf.html
    yeah blanket, we have one thing in common which is -we don't know what type we are -and that makes us to be ISFps. Welcome to the forum!

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its not fixed constant;it only happens as described above.
    "...appears at critical moments. His smile is warm, warming and exciting. However, his smile is in most cases caused by inner anxiety; the natural purpose of this smile is to raise his partner’s fighting spirit, to stir him up.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jughead View Post
    its not fixed constant;it only happens as described above.
    "...appears at critical moments. His smile is warm, warming and exciting. However, his smile is in most cases caused by inner anxiety; the natural purpose of this smile is to raise his partner’s fighting spirit, to stir him up.
    Yes do you smile when you're anxious?
    How is that possible in any type except INFp?

INFp dress, walk, talk?

Exagerates when speaking...enourmous, not big but enourmous....gigantuous,
    -

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's so hard to be human.
    what types do you think you are yourself?
    cause right here you said the phrase i hear a lot from my ILI best friend.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sarinana View Post
    what types do you think you are yourself?
    cause right here you said the phrase i hear a lot from my ILI best friend.
    OMGoodness...I opened a thread about my type, you can read it there

INFj-Doubt
    -

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes i often smile when anxious, it looked like you were saying iei's have permanent smiles at all times.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12