Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
But do you think some combinations are more common or less common than others? Or do you think they're evenly distributed?

I love your writings on DCNH subtypes. Keep up the good work.
Thanks.

As for whether certain combinations are more common than others, in a way it intuitively makes sense that the Ego-based subtypes would be more common than the others (i.e., Creative and Normalizing in Static types, Dominant and Harmonizing in Dynamic types). However, there is no hard reason for that to be the case. You would have to do a statistical analysis of a large number of people to be sure, and I don't have the resources to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDo View Post
That sounds strange. The author seems to be of the opinion that the dominant subtype has a strengthened base function and that the creative subtype has a strengthened creative function.

That is in no way the system Gulenko describes as DCNH!!!

In Gulenko's DCNH system a Creative ILE has a strenthened base function. So I really don't understand how a Ne-ILE should seem to be an introvert...

Are you sure this is about Gulenko's DCNH system, Krig?!
I've been wondering when someone would catch that; I've been meaning to write a disclaimer about that myself. If you read the rest of the article, the author describes several types of subtype systems, before getting to Gulenko's system. She describes Gulenko's system accurately, and then just before she begins describing the four subtypes individually, she writes this (this is a really rough translation):

Subtype in this frame of reference is connected not only with the meaningful filling of one aspect or another, but also with the special features of the structure of the typological model. Specifically - the Dominant demonstrates additional strengthening of the base function (possibly due to the functions of the weaker), the Creative - creative, the Normalizing - role, the Harmonizing - PoLR. The discussion deals precisely with structural updating, i.e., with transferring of the strategy of the actualized function to the behavior of man as a whole.
To be honest, unless I'm misunderstanding something, that doesn't really jive at all with Gulenko's description. I'm not sure if the author is misunderstanding something, or trying to import ideas from a different subtype system, or what. Because of that, I'm hesitant to call these descriptions absolutely definitive, however they do otherwise appear to be substantially accurate, outside of the weird bits correlating DCNH subtypes to functions rather than information elements.

Like all descriptions, this should be viewed as a description of the DCNH subtypes, not the description.