Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
I think you make valuable contributions to the forum. I don't know why you upset people so much, but it may have to do with phrases like "Well, that means that you are uneducated." It's strange that you use such phrases (and suffer the consequences), because you don't seem to habor any ill will towards anybody. Perhaps it's a habit you've picked up on these forums, because other people unfortunately say things like that too (?). People might accept those phrases from someone who represents the consensus view or is accepted by the group as an "authority." But when used by others, people don't take it well.
I think you are right about everything there. I agree with all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult
It's statements like "Well, that means that you are uneducated." too, but also his insistence on repeating his point of view over and over again. I think we can safely say "we've heard you alright!", can't we?
Yes, probably. But why doesn't anything happen after that? Why do they refurse to check the references? Why do they refuse to see what's in plain view to see? Why are they blind to the truth?

It looks like he will keep bugging us until we finally give in and say he's completely right about his point of view that MBTI and Socionics are exactly the same. There seems to be no respect for other people's opinions, he does not agree to differ.At least not in his outward behavior.
As I tried to explain in another post, I don't want people to say anything they don't honestly mean. If they don't agree, they should definitely not give in. Instead they should try to argue as convincingly as possible for their case. They should try to prove why I am wrong and they are right by using as strong arguments as possible.

But that almost never happens. People just proclaim that they disagree, and that's unacceptable me. One of very few persons that have actually bothered to make a good case for why they disagree is Expat, and that has helped me to see more clearly where he has gone astray in his reasonings. What I would like the most is having a serious discussion about the exact causes of people's mistypings (for example Expat's when it comes to my type) and the limitations of various typing methods. Until that happens this forum will probably never rise above kindergarten level in typing people.

People's opinions are essentially irrelevant. I cannot, and should not, have any respect for opinions that are obviously false, and neither should anyone else. What we should do instead is to try to find the objective truth together. It is a huge mistake to believe that it is okay to just form your own opinion on any subject without checking the facts first, and it is an equally big mistake to teach people that everyone's opinion merits equal respect. Such an attitude is an irritating obstacle if we want to make scientific progress. A much better example to follow is Karl Popper's debating technique.

He does not seem to be very open to learn something new. I think such behavior is pathological: a psychologically healthy person would not be persistent in advocating a certain idea to an audience that doesn't want to hear it, but shrug, move on and do something worthwhile instead.
The popular view that I am not open to learn something new is another very irritating misunderstanding of what's going on, because my attitude is the same as Popper's when it comes to science and rational thinking. It is the same as the scientific attitude, and that attitude is the exact opposite of dogmatism and narrow-mindedness. Most people on this forum are less open-minded than I am, and that is shown very clearly in their refusal to argue and their willingness to adopt views uncritically and without hard study of the relevant facts. They are much less interested in searching the truth than in social activities, like making sure they have their right place in the group, getting appraisals from others, feeling good about themselves, upholding the status quo, and stating their subjective opinion for the only sake of doing it (because everyone's opinion is of equal value, right?).

I think this kind of pathology is typical for INTp's
It seems to be typical of some other types to call it pathological what is actually the natural state of an INTp. The attitude you express towards INTps here is also described and confirmed by the ILI type descriptions, and that's what I have said myself before on this forum. It is something in the behaviour of ILIs that makes other people misinterpreting their intentions and sometimes become hostile or at least irratated. Wouldn't it be interesting to investigate why ILIs are perceived that way? Is it the mysterious function plus the IP temperament, or what is it?