Thread: How empathetic and sympathetic are SLIs-ISTps?

Hybrid View

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    NF's and most F's think that emotions are necessary, how can you have typed yourself EII when you don't value emotions? That doesn't make any sense.

If you're not comfortable engaging in emotional situations then you are a T type.
    Emotions are very necessary, and I value them. However, situations where people are crying hysterically and there is drama involved, I try to stay away as best I can. It affects my inner peace.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Emotions are very necessary, and I value them. However, situations where people are crying hysterically and there is drama involved, I try to stay away as best I can. It affects my inner peace.
    EII reach out to help people in that situation, to negotiate them to calm down by comforting words and sympathy; it doesn't disturb our inner peace. To comfort is what we are made for. That disruption is chacteristing of T type. T types prefer even emotions or comedy. Actually, both T and F can cry hysterically, depending upon the situation at hand, but F types are likely to submit to a person with strong emotions because they "feel" bad and feel the emotions of the person and sympathize and reach to console.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm emphatic when I wanna be.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I am empathetic based on context.

Sometimes people are their own worst enemy, and I find it difficult to lend an ear instead of a more-justified critical assessment. This tendency has been mellowing with age - people are going to do what they want regardless. To paraphrase one of the greats:

"Even if you burst with indignation, still they will carry on."

I'm not all rough edges, however - my last girlfriend coined me, "tenderheart bear".
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EII reach out to help people in that situation, to negotiate them to calm down by comforting words and sympathy; it doesn't disturb our inner peace. To comfort is what we are made for. That disruption is chacteristing of T type. T types prefer even emotions or comedy. Actually, both T and F can cry hysterically, depending upon the situation at hand, but F types are likely to submit to a person with strong emotions because they "feel" bad and feel the emotions of the person and sympathize and reach to console.

This is a superficial understanding and based more on MBTI than Socionics.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    I agree, and it sounds more like Fe than Fi, no? I know I internalize people's sadness or anger or happiness for that matter, quite a bit. If you're just expressing comfort without really feeling what the other person is feeling, that's Fe. and it makes sense because Maritsa is IEI.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm emphatic when I wanna be.
    I hope, you don`t mind my question, LokiVanguard.
    Does that mean you never really empathize with someone?
    Or did I misunderstand?

I agree, and it sounds more like Fe than Fi, no? I know I internalize people's sadness or anger or happiness for that matter, quite a bit. If you're just expressing comfort without really feeling what the other person is feeling, that's Fe. and it makes sense because Maritsa is IEI.
    I didn`t know empathy is linked to Fi... Why is that?

And shouldn`t then IEI also be able to empathize with someone very well? Aren`t 7th and 8th function strong ones? I don`t think I`m more able to empathize than ESEs or IEIs I know... And to be honest -- I thought IEIs are more empathic than EIIs... (or at least than I am). How do you think the difference between Fi ego and Fi 8th/7th function manifests? Do you have some real life experiences you want to tell?

I always thought IEIs are as able to empathize as EIIs but in addition they try to influence the situation...

PS: What I wrote has no relation to the sentence about Maritsas type.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    I didn`t know empathy is linked to Fi... Why is that?

And shouldn`t then IEI also be able to empathize with someone very well? Aren`t 7th and 8th function strong ones? I don`t think I`m more able to empathize than ESEs or IEIs I know... And to be honest -- I thought IEIs are more empathic than EIIs... (or at least than I am). How do you think the difference between Fi ego and Fi 8th/7th function manifests? Do you have some real life experiences you want to tell?

I always thought IEIs are as able to empathize as EIIs but in addition they try to influence the situation...

PS: What I wrote has no relation to the sentence about Maritsas type.

Well I dont know.. .I was asking. I'm still trying to figure out the distinction between the two.

I thought Fi was about feeling emotion internally, recognizing internal emotional states in others on a one-on-one basis and wanting to do something about it.

And my impression of Fe is that it's more the ability to sense the mood of a group and embody that mood, and just being able to express emotion well in general.

And yes the Ego vs Id functions--I think the distinction between those rests in intent, i.e. an EII or IEE might happen to use Fe in the process of trying to reach their Fi goal or carry out their Fi action (translation: happened to smile/laugh trying to make someone feel better), whereas an IEI or EIE in the process of trying to reach their Fe goal happen to achieve some Fi along the way (happened to make someone feel nice because of a smile/laugh meant to embody the group's mood).

I could be wrong or off. . .I'm admittedly a noob. this is my understanding currently. Please correct me if i'm wrong, I'd like to learn. . .
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    No it's not; because it is me.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

No it's not; because it is me.
    and so it shouldn't even exist in the first place.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah I think it's waaay different in person than over the phone. Over the phone not much comes through. But in person they will hug you or make facial expressions or whatever so you can tell they care
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)