Thread: How empathetic and sympathetic are SLIs-ISTps?

Hybrid View

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    Interesting. How do I tell if he is empathetic/cares about me, if he is not good w/ the Fe? (saying the right things, consoling, etc.) I know he "cares" but I can't tell how much.
    You know this is honestly a tough question for me because this was partly what let me to start re-researching my type. Whenever I was around this girl for a time, she made me feel like just another person. I really had no idea that she cared for me and otherwise would have thought I was just someone else in her book.

Now that I know her better its a little different. I want to tell you to gauge them by their actions, not by how they say something. This girl for instance baked for me. I didn't take it as anything special, but it was her taking care of my Si needs. Basically, if they makes effort to take care of your comfort needs and offers you advice on how to productively better your life, without asking for it, theres generally a good chance that they care about you.

Another way is to start up an Fi conversation,.

Your going to have to be the one to initiate it. Say your piece and then hear him out. I find generally SLIs are receptive to this approach, they like talking about Fi related stuff. In this way, they express how they feel. You might even see some Fe there ;D

It will be in a generally subdued manner, its not going to be some wild explosive emotion, so in this sense you should appreciate and enjoy his sentiments. Looking for expressions of love for him through his polr though, isn't going to happen. Its like asking you to explain your love for him through the use of logic, and to make sure there are no inconsistencies.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It really depends on the situation.

A guaranteed empathy from me usually comes form people standing up to authority figures. These past few days kids from the local Uni and State schools have been standing up for what they believe are incredibly unfair budget cuts (something I agree with them for, but not necessarily agree with their methods.)

Davis Police Ready For Rowdy Rallies - Sacramento News Story - KCRA Sacramento

Watching and reading shit like that, even If I didn't believe in their cause or thought they'd be wrong to do it, riles me up and makes me very emphatic towards the students.

Yeah, I fucking hate cops.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    It really depends on the situation.

A guaranteed empathy from me usually comes form people standing up to authority figures. These past few days kids from the local Uni and State schools have been standing up for what they believe are incredibly unfair budget cuts (something I agree with them for, but not necessarily agree with their methods.)

Davis Police Ready For Rowdy Rallies - Sacramento News Story - KCRA Sacramento

Watching and reading shit like that, even If I didn't believe in their cause or thought they'd be wrong to do it, riles me up and makes me very emphatic towards the students.

Yeah, I fucking hate cops.
    that's cool...I knew SLIs are passionate about some things!!
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol omg Pirate, I cannot imagine trying to explain my love for him using logic without inconsistencies! That's a great example because I am asking him to do the reverse, where as I really couldn't do that.

I guess normally, I read a lot into someone's tone. And I've mostly dated either feelers (ESFp, ISFp, INFp, ENFp) or an ENTp (who valued Fe a lot and used it pretty well), so their tone usually did mean it was how they felt.

But I guess I have to see that, like you said, the lack of Fe doesn't mean he doesn't give a crap. It's just hard because he's really busy, and all of his female friends hit on him, and he's usually exhausted, so I think we've ended up fighting a lot because of those things.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are they sympathetic/empathetic to others being sad, upset, etc? Or do they just ignore that of feel annoyed by it?
    I don`t have much experience, but I know one guy who is ISTp for sure. He is definitely empathetic to others, but nevertheless I`m not sure if I could imagine him giving advice in such situations or "discussing" emotional problems. Instead he seems to use every opportunity to give practical assistance while he empathizes with someone.

An example: This ISTp guy I mentioned was in my class. One girl was always very nervous while giving presentations. It was always really difficult for her. One time when she started reporting in front of class he stood up while she was talking and prepared the overhead projector, so that she could use it immediately. She forgot to do it, because of her nervosity, therefore he did it for her.
    This guy is so wonderful
    Maybe this example doesn`t sound outstanding. But he is like this all the time and that IS outstanding in my opinion.