OK, in a slight pickle.

I'd mentioned this to WorkaholicsAnon yesterday.

I went out on Friday night to my local pub (you may know that ISTp's can tend to like going to bars from time to time).

Anyway, I was standing at the bar and this woman in her 50's asked me if I was single.

Nothing against 50 odd year old women, but, I went into sort of "defence" mode if you will, incase she was going to try to have fun with/at me or try to chat me up and I said, "No, i'm seeing somebody". Really just to get her off my case.

Anyway, it turned out she was actually asking for her daughter. She was out with her partner and her daughter. Apparently her daughter has seen me a few times in the place and has found herself attracted to me, but was too shy to say something about it.

So, her daughter is stunning imo. I spent some hours talking to them, and got on really well with her daughter. Not only do I find her attractive but I get only EXTREMELY well with her, a really nice person and easy for me to get on with.

Her daughter told me that she really enjoyed talking to me and that she thinks i'm attractive and a nice guy.

So, here's the situation, I actually really like her, she likes me, but... she thinks I am SEEING SOMEBODY! UGH!!

I really didn't know how to overcome that, I mean, what do I say? I thought your mum was trying to fire into me? Ugh, doesn't sound that great at all.

Although, I suppose I have to say something.

My friend told me he thinks I should just continue building up rappor with her, but at same time, i'm in an unusual situation of "lying", which i'm not comfortable about for some internal and I think some obvious reasons.

Usually people lie the opposite way...say they are single when they are not! What a strange situation.

So, I thought i'd ask you guys, any advice on how you think I should approach this predicament?