Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Advice

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish my mom would've been cool enough to pick me up some dates. I would actually find that quite comical and a bit interesting as it's not the norm, I wouldn't come to the conclusion she's 'desperate' or something. And yeah, I'd be honest with her and keep it really lighthearted...if you get dramatic and over explain, that's probobly when it'd get a little strange. Not often do we meet people we click with so well, I wouldn't let it go over something like that.

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell her the truth, or alter it slightly, whatever. But don't pretend you're not single and then fake a breakup. In her mind that makes her a rebound. Also, breakups are hard, it's gonna be difficult to fake the emotional turbulence you'd normally get when starting to date someone new right after ending a relationship. It'll be a difficult lie to keep up.
    Stan is not my real name.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stanprollyright View Post
    Tell her the truth, or alter it slightly, whatever. But don't pretend you're not single and then fake a breakup. In her mind that makes her a rebound. Also, breakups are hard, it's gonna be difficult to fake the emotional turbulence you'd normally get when starting to date someone new right after ending a relationship. It'll be a difficult lie to keep up.
    See that's EXACTLY what I thought too!! Telling the truth is just simpler. And it's not like it's so disastrous of a truth.

However I like the idea someone threw out there to tell the mom you're not in the habit of picking up girls in bars. That's very classy.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VixenDogFox View Post
    BAHAHA! Ridiculous! As an ex-JW myself (19 years of my life, ugh) who despises that religion, I can tell you that this is not the way Jehovah's Witnesses operate. If they do, they are not being "good" JW's, but something else is going on. JW's believe it's only right to marry other JW's, although marrying outside the religion happens on occasion (and oh yeah, they get punished for this). Plus, real JW's wouldn't be picking anyone up in a bar; they're way too un-worldly (in the real sense of the word WORDLY, not in the cultish doublespeak sense) to do that...
    Yeah but JW's might be in a bar looking for converts and to proselytize to "SAVE" vulnerable people. . .
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont know if you still need advice or what was already written (sorry but I have not read the replies.

In my opinion you dont even need to explain why you lied. Id just say Im not seeing anyone. If she really would like to know why you said yes you can say a white lie (like that you are not comfortable when personal questions are asked by strangers) or simply say the truth, whichever is more proper/easier for you. I wouldnt even care personaly but I can see how it could be an issue for someone. Hell if you two like each other I think it is the least of the problems you would face . And goodluck .
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12