Hybrid View

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default Rick DeLong

Rick DeLong is ESTj/LSE type; he is the founder of Wikisocion and another Socionics site. He once typed me incorrectly as INFp...not noticing that the J is morphologically apparent; here is his personal website. If you want to know what ESTj's value and are like, please read his site...

Personal Website of Rick DeLong

In an independent study of ESTj's, that I conducted, I asked 50 men between the ages of 20 and 35 what their favorite books were they said Guns, Germs, and Steel and The Power of Myth also they included the economy, statistics, environment to be a big issue and concern for them. I also asked other relevent questions and will eventually post the results on my blog.

Here's George Clooney loving the book and meeting the author..

http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2005/08/03/ggs
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-18-2010 at 06:21 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Rick DeLong is ESTj/LSE type; he is the founder of Wikisocion and another Socionics site. He once typed me incorrectly as INFp...not noticing that the J is morphologically apparent; here is his personal website. If you want to know what ESTj's value and are like, please read his site...

In an independent study of ESTj's, that I conducted, I asked 50 men between the ages of 20 and 35 what their favorite books were they said Guns, Germs, and Steel and The Power of Myth also they included the economy, statistics, environment to be a big issue and concern for them. I also asked other relevent questions and will eventually post the results on my blog.

News: 'Guns, Germs, and Steel' Reconsidered - Inside Higher Ed
    Yet another retyping!

Okay... how do you know that Rick is ESTj? Morphology isn't established enough here to use that, and you don't seem to have any other methods... so yeah.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    Yet another retyping!

Okay... how do you know that Rick is ESTj? Morphology isn't established enough here to use that, and you don't seem to have any other methods... so yeah.
    Ok So what I did first was type him morphologically, then I read his blog, especially the letters he has written to government offices in concern for issues, if you will read his style and emphasis on "efficient", "productive", and "sustainable" solutions you will see that's quite typical of ESTj's.

Please have a little trust...sometimes is observation first then method of development especially when the human mind is concerned.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok So what I did first was type him morphologically, then I read his blog, especially the letters he has written to government offices in concern for issues, if you will read his style and emphasis on "efficient", "productive", and "sustainable" solutions you will see that's quite typical of ESTj's.
    Emphasis on "efficient", "productive", and "sustainable" just means valued Te. This fits with his self typing of IEE, who have Te mobilizing.
    Stan is not my real name.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stanprollyright View Post
    Emphasis on "efficient", "productive", and "sustainable" just means valued Te. This fits with his self typing of IEE, who have Te mobilizing.
    True, but they can not be routinized; so, if they value routine and some form of concentrated methodological effort then it is Te valuing primary which is ESTj...if not then ENFp..
    -

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Shit, I'd better send off a letter calling for inefficient, unproductive, and unsustainable solutions right away.

Typical of these types to always get a head start.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I have tried very very very hard to find all of you an example linking morphological type to a person and finally I have found one example and I hope that you can trust me to bring more to you.

In Rick's words..."I have a keen sense of what is involved in learning a foreign language and have been able to help quite a few other people do so more effectively." Notice "effectively" same as "efficiently"

I have tried to be kind and sympathetic, I know I am a new person but trust and pattern or logic is important I hope.
    -

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have tried very very very hard to find all of you an example linking morphological type to a person and finally I have found one example and I hope that you can trust me to bring more to you.

In Rick's words..."I have a keen sense of what is involved in learning a foreign language and have been able to help quite a few other people do so more effectively." Notice "effectively" same as "efficiently"

I have tried to be kind and sympathetic, I know I am a new person but trust and pattern or logic is important I hope.
    You do not have to be efficient to be effective. I trust you no more or less than anyone else. If I were to go by trust alone, I would listen to the vast number of people who believe Rick to be IEE and I would trust that is the case. Pattern and logic are important to me. So far the pattern I have observed is that your morphological method has little convergance with self typings or recognised typings. I personally will spend more time observing, sceptically as I have been. There may be something in it, however I have seen enough to doubt either it's reliability or your skill in executing the method.
    IEE-Ne

Creepy-Cyclops

I think Rick is IEE, if I was to give him a sub-type, i'd say Ne. Of course he may not have sub type, but that's my impression nonetheless.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I think Rick is IEE.
    No, he's not because IEE although both can seem optimistic, and capable of finding interesting ways of doing things LSE is more likely not to develope new new new ideas and just develope an interest they have already, this is observed in how Rick has taken so long to develop Socionics, where IEE would easily get bored and dump the whole project.

IEE are materially unabitious as well.
    -

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    Shit, I'd better send off a letter calling for inefficient, unproductive, and unsustainable solutions right away.
    Why would anyone do that? Who likes inefficient, unproductive and unsustainable solutions?

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tuturututu View Post
    Why would anyone do that? Who likes inefficient, unproductive and unsustainable solutions?
    Exactly.
    Stan is not my real name.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post

Please have a little trust...sometimes is observation first then method of development especially when the human mind is concerned.
    I believe you more recently type Rick as IEE: does this mean you now consider typing an individual by assessing their personality to be better than the phrenological approach, or has your method of assessing people "morphologically" changed?

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    I believe you more recently type Rick as IEE: does this mean you now consider typing an individual by assessing their personality to be better than the phrenological approach, or has your method of assessing people "morphologically" changed?
    It's probably easier to just pat her on the head and give her a juice box.

Never paid much attention to Rick's type, myself, but it was kind of humorous watching him spend a lot of time to realize Socionics isn't objective.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419 View Post
    It's probably easier to just pat her on the head and give her a juice box.

Never paid much attention to Rick's type, myself, but it was kind of humorous watching him spend a lot of time to realize Socionics isn't objective.
    Rick's type isn't strictly relevant to my question, although the process of Maritsa's attempts at typing him may be illustrative.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the free promotion of my personal website.
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Hi Rick...you're welcome...I typed you. You're my dual.
    -

Creepy-Cyclops

I see you have pictures for sale...you must be Gamma....

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I see you have pictures for sale...you must be Gamma....
    He is probably raising funds for a project, am I right? They deleted all of my examples of x-rays...that was sad.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Would you please take Christopher Reeve out of the ESTj file...thanks. you will see that he doesn't fit morphologically...he's a P and if you would like, you can read his biography and will notice that with other P's he has similar values, beliefs and understandings...etc.
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh, Rick, she's making you look good in more ways than one.

(It looks like I missed all the fun in this thread, 200 posts in such a short amount of time? Thread of the year candidate? oh my)
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

News: 'Guns, Germs, and Steel' Reconsidered - Inside Higher Ed
    Rick is ENFP, everyone knows that.

Have you ever read a post of him, he's got a very evolved language writing style, common for NF people. If he were an ESTJ, he would be more businesslike, and less likely as much interested in socionics and psychology as he is now.

You have overconfidence in your typing methods.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    Rick is ENFP, everyone knows that.

Have you ever read a post of him, he's got a very evolved language writing style, common for NF people. If he were an ESTJ, he would be more businesslike, and less likely as much interested in socionics and psychology as he is now.

You have overconfidence in your typing methods.
    that does not indicate ENFp that's actually ESTj...language writing style of his better corresponds with ST types, read dostoevsky and you will see.
    -

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

man, this wins for thread of the year.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    man, this wins for thread of the year.
    Seconded
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rick DeLong is ESTj/LSE type;

the problem why people dislike you is probably part of this:

if you say rick is LSE, you basically say, my VI method is more reliable then all your experiences with relationships. All the things you've experienced were wrong. That dual feeling was mirror, and those mirrors, those were your duals. etc etc.

That is simply impossible. Unless you aren't fully aware of how easy it is to confirm your type by looking at your relationships. I'm curious how you think about this.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread was kind of amusing when I saw it yesterday, but now it has become downright creepy. I have never been stalked like this before. Maritsa, I will never contact you and am not interested in any kind of dialogue.

I never said I was unsure of my type.

Thanks to everyone for the congratulations.
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33
    Rabble rabble rabble rabble!
    Calm down Mrs. Broflovski, you'll get a chance to speak once Mr. Marsh has finished.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

God I think I'm so Beta.

I am so amused at the shit that Deltas take offense to. I guess in their eyes that makes me this viscous heartless asshole or whatever. But seriously. It's just, nobody's fault. our modes of thinking are too great.

That Rick seems to be seriously upset at Maritsa stalking him is amusing to me. And I want Rick to be stalked even more. It's like in my view you Deltas are emo about things you shouldn't be and NOT emo enough about the things in life that you should be.

The real world is already Te-valuing why not just go back to that Rick as it seems like you don't have much of a sense of humor.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I love it when people stalk me and I love to stalk others.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    I am so amused at the shit that Deltas take offense to. I guess in their eyes that makes me this viscous heartless asshole or whatever. But seriously. It's just, nobody's fault. our modes of thinking are too great.
    I'm currently in a quarrel with an INFp, and this is basically how things are progressing.

That Rick seems to be seriously upset at Maritsa stalking him is amusing to me. And I want Rick to be stalked even more. It's like in my view you Deltas are emo about things you shouldn't be and NOT emo enough about the things in life that you should be.
    And the Delta view of Betas is that you're all dicks about things you have no right to be dicks about.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33
    Pika pika! Pii...
    What's this? PIKACHU is evolving!

Congratulations! Your PIKACHU has evolved into RAICHU!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God I think I'm so Beta.

The real world is already Te-valuing why not just go back to that Rick as it seems like you don't have much of a sense of humor.
    The fact is I admire people who can be expressive and personal in public forums and have enjoyed reading posts by you, Gilly, crazedrat and others. From day one I decided I would not get emotionally invested in this forum and thus have never opened up and talked much about anything personal, just socionics (until about 2 years ago) and a few pet interests in "Anything Goes." I'm not seriously upset at Maritsa stalking me, but it's clear that talking to her about anything is futile (for me).

Your point about Deltas though is well said.

The real world is only Te-valuing in the West where the economy has engulfed too much of our lives and we get all our goods and services by paying money for them. I hate it too. I personally haven't gone to work for 7 years and avoid putting money into the corporate economy. For better or for worse, our corporatocracy probably won't last much longer because it is entirely dependent upon cheap fossil fuels and ecological ignorance, which are coming to an end.

My real world is about writing and working on interesting projects, enjoying everday life, spending time with friends (yesterday - with an IEI), talking about interesting ideas and experiences, and going on different travel adventures long and short. What you're probably calling Te isn't at all what my life is about. When I was in the U.S. the past year and a half, nobody could seem to understand what I did for a living and why the hell I had so much free time ))

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

The fact is I admire people who can be expressive and personal in public forums and have enjoyed reading posts by you, Gilly, crazedrat and others. From day one I decided I would not get emotionally invested in this forum and thus have never opened up and talked much about anything personal, just socionics (until about 2 years ago) and a few pet interests in "Anything Goes." I'm not seriously upset at Maritsa stalking me, but it's clear that talking to her about anything is futile (for me).

The real world is only Te-valuing in the West where the economy has engulfed too much of our lives and we get all our goods and services by paying money for them. I hate it too. I personally haven't gone to work for 7 years and avoid putting money into the corporate economy. For better or for worse, our corporatocracy probably won't last much longer because it is entirely dependent upon cheap fossil fuels and ecological ignorance, which are coming to an end.

My real world is about writing and working on interesting projects, enjoying everday life, spending time with friends (yesterday - with an IEI), talking about interesting ideas and experiences, and going on different travel adventures long and short. What you're probably calling Te isn't at all what my life is about. When I was in the U.S. the past year and a half, nobody could seem to understand what I did for a living and why the hell I had so much free time ))
    You havn't talked ot me at all...if you tried maybe you would start to interpret for me.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Te is not a life Te is how your brain processes information in logic...makes sense? Analytical but you can't see it be done because it's automatic until pointed out to you in a certain process...that's why testing is not accurate...at least bad test questions.

That language is the language of ESTj/LSE
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

This thread was kind of amusing when I saw it yesterday, but now it has become downright creepy. I have never been stalked like this before. Maritsa, I will never contact you and am not interested in any kind of dialogue.

I am not stalking you, it was a public blog right? Isn't that what you do when you pull pictures of people and videos of celebrities from the net? If you want private, then do what I do, DO NOT SHARE.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

AND MOVE CHRISTOPHER REEVE OVER TO ESTP
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

you are so rigid and so back wards; you have actually managed to stagnate and not open your mind and learn new NEW Ne stuff; you think you're other LSE are Ne primary? You can't even begin to fathom how the mind of an Ne works nor do you want to listen and understand.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I am an exceptionally honest, kind, considerate person...read about me...you wrote the book on me then you should know how I am like EII EII EII EII EII EII EII EII (that's me being angry and finding that you can't seem to understand me when I tell you something ONCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast