Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Rick DeLong

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i didn't realize she had a mentor. this is like starwars, she is the sith.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Fear only comes to those who don't want to see...isn't that what Budha said?
    Is that how Rod brainwashed you?
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I have to say I agree with Rick about the cult thing.

I've been saying for a while now that Maritsa seems to be marketing her "mentor's" version of socionics. It was obvious from her "review" of Rod Novichkov's book on Amazon (her mentor appears to be this Rod Novichkov dude).

I too find it weird that Maritsa is the one who is here trying really hard to explain her mentor's socionics but making no sense whatsoever, whether this is due to her own socionics type and "Te/Ti failures" thereof (as she likes to blame it on) or because she just doesn't understand her mentor's socionics that well (she keeps making self-acknowledged typing mistakes and is very unclear and inconsistent in her explanations), or because this socionics method that Rod Novichkov has come up with really does not work. Where is your mentor? Why is he not here to spread the enlightenment? Why is he making you do it, Maritsa? (p.s. is he this ESTj you are "with"?)

So yes, Rick, I can see the wisdom in what you said. And yes Maritsa appears to be part of this VI "cult."

As for Rick's type--from that amazing description of IEE's on his blog, there is NO question in my mind. NO question whatsoever, that Rick is IEE. He described me in a way no other socionist has been able to in any type description available in English. Why? Because in that description, he described himself. Unless, Maritsa, you are saying that what he described in that IEE description under Ne primary is really Te primary, or the Si dual seeking he wrote about is really Fi dual seeking, etc. Yeah, I dont think so.

Oh, and yes, Rick's wife could very possibly be ISTp. No-one argued that assertion as far as I could tell. All that means is that Rick married his dual. Not a big surprise there, especially with him having knowledge of socionics.

The rest of what you are substantiating his type to be LSE is just, as someone said, an observation of Te-valuing. Not everyone is as lackadaisically resigned to just using our own ego functions as you are, Maritsa (and being retardedly dependent on others dress you, choose food for you, etc). Normal people try to develop their functions to different extents whether or not it is easy for us, especially valued functions but undervalued functions as well depending on what our interactions we have needed to have in life, whether for our careers, relationships, etc. That is why you are so dependent on your cult leader and have not really achieved anything of much substance in life. Having knowledge of socionics is not a career, Maritsa, it's a hobby. Come on, you're 31 years old already. What have you achieved in life? Learn to use your other functions and, most importantly, dont assume everyone is as helpless as you are in using them.

Did you bother to look up Neferititi's site?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    Meaning socionics is pseudoscience? Maybe, but even so, I am not pretending it is scientific. It's based on faith, really.

But at least as it stands, it makes sense if you let it.
    No, meaning that the general public will be convinced that "Socionics" means the pseudoscience, in which case our view of it would be doomed unless we changed the name... which I don't think we're far enough from pseudoscience ourselves to have any business doing.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    No, meaning that the general public will be convinced that "Socionics" means the pseudoscience, in which case our view of it would be doomed unless we changed the name... which I don't think we're far enough from pseudoscience ourselves to have any business doing.
    If you don't use tests then you're gone already and you havn't made any valid tests to conclusivly type, but I have. I'm not sharing unless some of you people start to see with your two eyes what I am talking about.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Look at her head and neck positioning...

http://euler.slu.edu/~bart/egyptfoto...ti-wilbour.jpg
    -

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fear only comes to those who don't want to see...isn't that what Budha said?
    “If you meet the Buddha, kill him.” — Linji

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you bother to look up Neferititi's site?
    Why the hell do i need to bother with that, and what does that have to do with what I wrote?

My post was not a response to your Nefertiti post-- I didn't even see your pointless post, nor will my looking at that site change what I have to say.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LOOK at the J head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

-

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look at her head and neck positioning...

Mkay, what i see is a neck slanting forward. you are still missing a proven correlation of this anatomic variation to j and p types.

Same with your pics. It's just an anatomic variant. Whether this variant reflects anything to do with personality is highly questionable.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no one is gona look at her fuckin head and neck positioning. even if it does work, I refuse to do it. It's just too fuckin stupid. I'd rather type by looking at the face. I'm sure I could type people by looking at their fuckin hands if I tried long enough, but I'm not going to find out. Can you please shut the fuck up about this and keep it inside? God dammit I want to kill you.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOOK at the J head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

OOOOOOOooooooOOOOOOOOOOOoooooo!!!!

Have you interacted with Nefertiti to confirm she is a j-type too?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you don't use tests then you're gone already and you havn't made any valid tests to conclusivly type, but I have. I'm not sharing unless some of you people start to see with your two eyes what I am talking about.
    From socioniko.net's main page:
    Tests, although used, are considered to be insufficient and not always reliable. Methods similar to medical are more widely used, such as observation, interviewing, external data etc. However, socionists are not adepts of "visual identification" which is misrepresented as "know-how of socionics" at some popular sites.
    I read elsewhere (though I don't recall where) that tests were clearly unreliable in Russia because people would routinely lie about themselves. The only excuse for claiming that you can conclusively type is claiming that Socionics just so happens to correlate 100% with some more obvious features, which is exactly what you have claimed and what we have rejected as false.

Basic principle of science: Nothing that is real is beyond the bounds of science. We know that relationships between people are influenced by the personalities of said people; what we have not proven is that Socionics adequately describes this influence, and that the effects of these personality differences (or even the personality differences themselves) cannot be, for all practical purposes, overcome with effort. In that knowledge, we press on, seeking to study the subject matter as best we can with our available resources.

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ah...I get it. Yes, this makes sense, Brilliand.

I applaud Workaholics cordial but honest response. Better than most of us or I could do.

And what I think of mentors for this kind of thing (theory, theology, whatever) is fuck 'em. They do more harm than anything. I was once a sheep to them as well and resent myself for it. Mentors are best left for teaching English, math, music, etc, but even then you will find people who are sour and who just want to manipulate and control people to inflate their own jackass egos.

Dual relationship don't work like his relationship...maybe he should grow up and interact with me and dualize maybe he'll know the difference...dual is One; it's a whole unit, the mechanism once dualized works like a self driven motor...very little "work" required. Instead of causing undue stress on me.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    From socioniko.net's main page:

I read elsewhere (though I don't recall where) that tests were clearly unreliable in Russia because people would routinely lie about themselves. The only excuse for claiming that you can conclusively type is claiming that Socionics just so happens to correlate 100% with some more obvious features, which is exactly what you have claimed and what we have rejected as false.

Basic principle of science: Nothing that is real is beyond the bounds of science. We know that relationships between people are influenced by the personalities of said people; what we have not proven is that Socionics adequately describes this influence, and that the effects of these personality differences (or even the personality differences themselves) cannot be, for all practical purposes, overcome with effort. In that knowledge, we press on, seeking to study the subject matter as best we can with our available resources.
    You have a big ambition for someone who's done NO work. Show me your method and your proof and your statistical analysis, you have NONE.
    -

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dual relationship don't work like his relationship...maybe he should grow up and interact with me and dualize maybe he'll know the difference...dual is One; it's a whole unit, the mechanism once dualized works like a self driven motor...very little "work" required.
    I KNEW she and Rod were in a relationship!!! I KNEW IT!!!!

I am such a psychic (or a genius). . .

He is USING you Maritsa. And you are entirely dependent on him, so you have no choice but to follow. I feel sad for you.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I KNEW she and Rod were in a relationship!!! I KNEW IT!!!!

I am such a psychic (or a genius). . .

He is USING you Maritsa. And you are entirely dependent on him, so you have no choice but to follow. I feel sad for you.

He's in Ukraine and I've never been....
    -

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have a big ambition for someone who's done NO work. Show me your method and your proof and your statistical analysis, you have NONE.
    Neither do you.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's in Ukraine and I've never been....
    uh-huh. . .I believe you. . .

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember when we were legitimately contemplating banning Maritsa?

Why did we stop remembering this?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh... I've done my share of theoretical work, which is about all you can do in this field, at least until the guys with the big money (neurophysicists, probably) develop better mind-reading technology.

Hmm, come to think of it I may be able to contribute to that field in a few years... we'll see. It seems like something that would be up my alley, anyhow, so long as I didn't have to do any of the physical tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctures View Post

Most of us were against it at the time... I for one have changed my mind.

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arctures View Post

Because that would be a case of animal cruelty.

But really now, her continued existence on this forum appears to be some sort of odd humor or cruel repetetive joke that is so common to internet communities. She's a good example of how, knowing it or not, users and trolls exist in a sort of harmony in a series where

- A user implies serious discussion
    - A different user says something intentionally controversial (possibly trying to point out how stupid the OP is, see next step)
    - A user or OP attacks the controversy and is perhaps unable to mask their stupidity
    - Laughter ensues with regards to the stupid user trying to denounce the nay-sayer or with regards to the nay-sayer(s) who continues to provide controversial subject matter
    - Cycle continues, topics may vary but it doesn't matter

It's corrosive to any reasonable discussion where shit gets done. Whether Maritsa intends to or not, she has been playing the part of the troll (even if she is correct in everything she says). It has provided much entertainment value, but little actual discussion has taken place since she has arrived. She should be banned outright if people here are actually sincere about learning more or confirming what they already know about socionics.

But if you're here purely for the entertainment value, by all means, continue to let her stay for the little funnies. You'll only be acting out common internet clichés and will be that much closer to /b/.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    Because that would be a case of animal cruelty.

But really now, her continued existence on this forum appears to be some sort of odd humor or cruel repetetive joke that is so common to internet communities. She's a good example of how, knowing it or not, users and trolls exist in a sort of harmony in a series where

- A user implies serious discussion
    - A different user says something intentionally controversial (possibly trying to point out how stupid the OP is, see next step)
    - A user or OP attacks the controversy and is perhaps unable to mask their stupidity
    - Laughter ensues with regards to the stupid user trying to denounce the nay-sayer or with regards to the nay-sayer(s) who continues to provide controversial subject matter
    - Cycle continues, topics may vary but it doesn't matter

It's corrosive to any reasonable discussion where shit gets done. Whether Maritsa intends to or not, she has been playing the part of the troll (even if she is correct in everything she says). It has provided much entertainment value, but little actual discussion has taken place since she has arrived. She should be banned outright if people here are actually sincere about learning more or confirming what they already know about socionics.

But if you're here purely for the entertainment value, by all means, continue to let her stay for the little funnies. You'll only be acting out common internet clichés and will be that much closer to /b/.
    You are Rick too, you write in the same style...are you blind, that's how your mind works can't you see.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I find the first five or six pages of this thread to be pure gold, but the situation itself is far from funny. This hits a personal nerve and it should make us think about what we call fact and scientific.

It should also make us think about what of the theory we accept as canon and what we accept as being bunk.
    Keep producing pure junk and then think about the scientific process because that's how you have been rolling so far.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I can keep going forever, I am your dual you forgot, I know how to put the good fight behind a notable cause and this is one.

Take a look at the J and P people.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-type-kid.html
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Now you're appealing to ignorance something, in the past was not in association to my dual...oh sorry to my dualized duals.
    -

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find the first five or six pages of this thread to be pure gold, but the situation itself is far from funny. This hits a personal nerve and it should make us think about what we call fact and scientific.

It should also make us think about what of the theory we accept as canon and what we accept as being bunk.
    Yes, it does become particularly annoying when an over-enthusiastic troll begins to become too apparant. Neither side should trump the other or else the forum will become boring or frustrating, in this case frustrating.

I've no personal grudge against trolling when it is kept at a reasonable level, but I think it is common knowledge that Maritsa has over-done it. Her claims are funny because they are stupid and stupid because they are overtly straightforward and overconfident, leaving no room for a serious discussion that would accurately and meticulously address the quality/origin/logic behind said claims.

In short, this has gone too far and is just becoming a royal pain in the ass to even look at.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    Yes, it does become particularly annoying when an over-enthusiastic troll begins to become too apparant. Neither side should trump the other or else the forum will become boring or frustrating, in this case frustrating.

I've no personal grudge against trolling when it is kept at a reasonable level, but I think it is common knowledge that Maritsa has over-done it. Her claims are funny because they are stupid and stupid because they are overtly straightforward and overconfident, leaving no room for a serious discussion that would accurately and meticulously address the quality/origin/logic behind said claims.

In short, this has gone too far and is just becoming a royal pain in the ass to even look at.
    Wow...great writing style for you too...can anyone type him?
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Rick, I am going to retire this evening, I want to wish you a good night...but I want to leave you with one thought...Read the LSE filatova on socioniko and read our dual interaction intertype relations section on that site and try to keep an open mind...If you did have Ne primary, why can't you think of interesting and new ways to test Socionics like I can?

My answer is because you can look at the LSE model A...when I, your dual, EII stimulates that function in you, your activities in that area do what?
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I developed this method for fun; It is method 4 of 20 and it's the hardest one...

1. You use a computer animated feature and program the computer to recognize and categorize features based on Rod's method, like a forehead indicates T or F and the eyes indicates N or S type.. then you let the computer pick and choose type independent of human influence...you separate people that the computer has scanned into two groups giving each a test; that is a true double blind study where neither you know what type they are nor do you know what test they are taking.

I gave you method one because it's cheap honey can't you see?
    -

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gave you method one because I'M A CHEAP WHORE honey can't you see?
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hard to ignor a strong, gentle, kind person who knows how to fight for the underdog, the fallen, a martyr isn't it?...Kinda like what LSE are attracted to. Go ahear Rick list all of the qualities of an individual you are attracted to without looking at your socionics book and then look at my description, I hope some things are begining to make some sense now.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morcheeba View Post
    That is very disrespectful I wouldn't call you or anyone that; that's very mean. :frown:
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morcheeba View Post
    Intimidation doesn't work on me, it only gives me fuel. I NEVER back down from what I believe in and can prove to be true.
    -

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33
    mimimimimimimimimi
    lol beaker, you were always my favorite

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Rick...look at mirror relations (the one you are in) and read this, it's actually pretty accurate, more so then yours

http://www.socionics.com/rel/mrr.htm

Relations between Psychological ("personality") Types
    -

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you ever get tired of him, there is always an alternative:

YouTube - charlie brown teacher
    This is exactly what I had planned next hahaha

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa, if Rick is LSE, then I am too. But then again, you typed me SEE by Rod's method. OOPS!

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rick...look at mirror relations (the one you are in) and read this, it's actually pretty accurate, more so then yours
    Just so you know, the only one of us in this thread that is Rick is the one posting with the username "Rick." I'd be surprised to hear he was still reading, though it isn't impossible...

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Maritsa, if Rick is LSE, then I am too. But then again, you typed me SEE by Rod's method. OOPS!
    Let's say you were any type you wanted...ask your self, what are your strengths and weaknesses? What can another person do for you that would take away the stress. Then send me the list and we'll go over it and I'll give you a test.
    -

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast