Thread: Rick DeLong

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbean View Post

ST is all I can see...a better picture and one from the side would be good thanks.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Creepy-cinq

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    To be honest, from the side, she looks like she's a j type based on your VI method. I think she's INFj.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    To be honest, from the side, she looks like she's a j type based on your VI method. I think she's INFj.
    Where did you get a side picture of her?

With a better side picture she could be INFj.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    ILE 8w7
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edit
    Last edited by Jimbean; 02-19-2010 at 10:51 PM.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since I can't read what Maritsa says, I've mentally replaced all of her posts with the sound of Beaker's voice from the Muppet Show.

I would recommend this course of action to everybody.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ISTp or ESTj need a side picture.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You're right, didn't even see the side pic, she is an INFj.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You're right, didn't even see the side pic, she is an INFj. See, that's what I mean that I have bad vision and if I you guys learned VI you would type faster then I, I need time and concentration to type.
    -

Creepy-cinq

You're right, didn't even see the side pic, she is an INFj.
    Well, this is my issue with your typing methodologies. You categorically stated she's an ENFp. I suggest she's INFj based on your VI method, and you flip your decision. You didn't even verify her side view initially.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

meep meep meep meep meep meep

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Well, this is my issue with your typing methodologies. You categorically stated she's an ENFp. I suggest she's INFj based on your VI method, and you flip your decision. You didn't even verify her side view.
    You typed her correctly, I don't have that kind of vision. See, if I hadn't seen a side picture I would have typed her ENFp or INFp..but you say a side picture and you proved the J.

That alone tells you that
    1. the method works.
    2. you need more then one person with great vision to type...I didn't get her verified with my three other typing sources when I typed her the first time, which was my huge mistake.
    -

Creepy-cinq

You typed her correctly, I don't have that kind of vision.
    You don't really know if I typed her correctly. Honestly Maritsa. I threw the post out there to see if you'd bite. And, you did.

I've not believed in your side view measurement. It's subjective, and you've not substantiated this methodology. We've been over this before.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You don't really know if I typed her correctly. Honestly Maritsa. I threw the post out there to see if you'd bite. And, you did.

I've not believed in your side view measurement. It's subjective, and you've not substantiated this methodology. We've been over this before.
    Okay then why did you follow it? I sent her pictures to Dr. Antonina right now and to Rod I am waiting for verification.
    -

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creepy-cinq

Okay then why did you follow it? I sent her pictures to Dr. Antonina right now and to Rod I am waiting for verification.
    To prove a point. Your typing methods are not well founded.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

To prove a point. Your typing methods are not well founded.
    but you followed it and it works. Try it now on more people, register on a free dating site like plenty of fish and fish for similar types and read people's profiles and you'll see.

Just follow the method and observe observe and observe people, in every form and you will see.
    -

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    maritsa....i think you are in love with rick and want him to be your dual.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    Why is martisa doing all the work? Why doesn't that Rod person come and explain this theory in detail? Or is it a fluke to think they are out trying to convert us 'ignorant westerners' to the true path of socionics?

Seriously, this smells like a fucking cult. I think Martisa is acting as a puppet for some douches trying to oppress people by taking away their common sense and using pawns for the dirty work.

For any of you cult minded fucks reading this who propagate this shit through users like Martisa, go fuck a toaster oven until you learn what meets academic standards and scientific standards, DO the actual testing needed to prove your theory at the cost of most likely having your ridiculous assertions be disproven. Use REAL statistics that can be verified. Publish some shit in some peer reviewed journals and NOT just in the Socionics Institute, and until then, SHUT. THE FUCK UP and LEAVE US THE FUCK ALONE.

And if you people care so much about poor Martisa being beaten by the evil clowns, then BACK HER UP. I know you can speak English or post in Russian so we can read it through Babel speak means, but you people who come and pretend to save poor Martisa from the evil clowns are too cowardly to come and back what she is saying. I can see if you won't cast your 'pearls,' but come on!

From what little Rick has said, I am convinced you are a league of nut jobs who mislead a lot of people who are attempting to mislead us to little avail.

I've seen people like you trying to brainwash people with their so called truth about the universe, but you know what, most people don't buy it because it MAKES NO SENSE.

I realize you people, if you are reading this cannot tell Martisa it is useless, but for YOU, I think YOU should take a few college level science courses in some universities which don't entertain bull shit theories and accredit anyone who says 'yes' to their stupid pet doctrines.

I am so SICK of confronting your cowardly kind in how you abuse, control, manipulate, and render people as thoughtless sludge to adopt your hair-brained nonsense.

FUCK OFF.
    Thanks Rick...I can see you and your writing. Like using statistics and other key method and way of your writing.
    -

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Rick,

You are such a coward yourself, you know, I as an INFj can't make people do anything...that's your job. But, truth and real will always speak for themselves because they can not be altered.

I am shaking your world and the way you used to view things and you are scared out of your mind.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Jimbean is ISTp type
    -

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick your dawdling and hurry back to the laboratory, Beaker. We have more tests to run!

Creepy-cinq

but you followed it and it works. Try it now on more people, register on a free dating site like plenty of fish and fish for similar types and read people's profiles and you'll see.
    I'm sure they will all have side view profiles...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm sure they will all have side view profiles...

I ask them to email me one so that I can ID my duals. Too bad I didn't have a side view of that girl I typed...that's a shame I couldn't find one.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Stop writing or throwing garbage at me Rick and please do try to use the scientific method, at least I am and you are NOT
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Again...you don't seem to understand I have already developed vast number of testing methods all are very effective; written and all kinds and I am trying to ask you to test for yourself as well and stop being a jerk because the day I bring Socionics into the West is the day you will fall behind because I will be doing it the right way which is through publication of works and academic studies all of which you have not done.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Everyone...Rick is ESTj type; both morphologically and by his written works in his blog...that is the best example of LSE and I will offer more.
    -

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sika Deer
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    (Redirected from Sika deer)
    Jump to: navigation, search
    Sika Deer
    Male (Stag or Hart)
    Female (Hind)
    Conservation status

Least Concern (IUCN 3.1)[1]
    Scientific classification
    Kingdom: Animalia
    Phylum: Chordata
    Class: Mammalia
    Order: Artiodactyla
    Family: Cervidae
    Subfamily: Cervinae
    Genus: Cervus
    Species: C. nippon
    Binomial name
    Cervus nippon
    Temminck, 1838
    Subspecies

C. n. aplodontus
    C. n. dybowskii
    C. n. grassianus
    C. n. keramae
    C. n. kopschi
    C. n. mandarinus
    C. n. mantchuricus
    C. n. pseudaxis
    C. n. pulchellus
    C. n. sichuanicus
    C. n. taioanus
    C. n. yesoensis

The Sika Deer, also known as the Spotted Deer or the Japanese Deer (Cervus nippon) is a species of deer that is native to much of East Asia, and also introduced to various parts of the world. It was previously found from Vietnam to the south and Russia to the north. Their name comes from "shika" (鹿), the Japanese word for "deer". The sika deer is not to be confused with the sitka deer, which is a subspecies of the mule deer, a distantly related species.
    Contents
    [hide]

* 1 Taxonomy
    o 1.1 Subspecies
    * 2 Description
    * 3 Behavior
    * 4 Range and Habitat
    * 5 Status
    o 5.1 Introduced populations
    * 6 Hunting
    * 7 Antler trade
    * 8 See also
    * 9 References
    * 10 Further Reading
    * 11 External links

[edit] Taxonomy

The sika deer is a member of the genus Cervus, a group of deers also known as the "true deers". Cervus was formerly a large genus consisting of 12 species, but recent genetic studies discovered that the species are more distantly related to each other than previously thought, and 8 species and 3 genera split out. The sika deer, along with the elk, red deer, and central asian red deer, remained in the genus Cervus, with the white-tailed deer of genus Przewalskium being closely related.
    [edit] Subspecies

There has been serious genetic pollution in many populations, especially Japan. Therefore the status of many subspecies remain uncertain. This is just one of the many different lists of the sika deer's subspecies.

* aplodontus: found in Northern Honshu
    * grassianus: Shanxi, China
    * keramae: Ryukyu Islands
    * kopschi: Southern China
    * mandarinus: Northern and Northeastern China
    * mantchuricus: Northeastern China, Korea, and Russian Far East.
    * nippon: found in Southern Honshu, Shikoku, and Kyushu
    * pseudaxis: Northern Vietnam
    * pulchellus: Tsushima Island
    * sichuanicus: Western China.
    * taioanus: Taiwan
    * yesoensis: Hokkaido

[edit] Description

The sika deer is one of the few species that do not lose their spots at maturity. Sikas from different areas differ in the numbers and obviousness of spots, with the ones from mainland Asia having large and obvious spots throughout the year, while the spots in Taiwanese and some Japanese populations are nearly invisible.
    Sika deer in Shiretoko Peninsula, Hokkaido, Japan

Sika deer tend to range in color from mahogany to black. They are rarely white with very few documented cases of white as opposed to albino. They are medium sized herbivores, being 50 - 95cm tall at the shoulder, and weighing 30 - 70 kg. Males are noticeably larger than females. All sikas are compact and dainty-legged with short, trim, wedge-shaped head and a boisterous disposition. When alarmed, they will often display a distinctive flared rump much like the American elk. All sikas posses the white rump except the population of Ryukyu Island.

Sika stags have stout, upright antlers with an extra buttress up from the brow tine and a very thick wall. A forward-facing intermediate tine breaks the line to the top, which is usually forked. Occasionally, sika develop some palmation. Females carry a pair of distinctive black bumps on the forehead. Antler length can range from 11 to 19 inches to better than 30 inches depending on the subspecies. Stags also sport a distinctive mane while in the rut.
    [edit] Behavior
    Sika deer grazing

In areas without human disturbance, sika deers could be active for the whole day. Lifestyles vary between individuals, with some occurring alone while others found in single-sex groups. Large herds will gather in autumn and winter. The sika deer is a highly vocal species, with over 10 individual sounds ranging from soft whistles to loud screams.

Sika males are territorial and keep harems of females during the rut, which peaks from early September through October but may last well into the winter months. Territory size varies with type of habitat and size of the buck; strong, prime bucks may hold up to 2 ha. Territories are marked with a series of shallow pits, called "scrapes," into which the males urinate and from which emanates a strong, musky odor. Fights between rival males are sometimes fierce, long, and may even be fatal.
    [edit] Range and Habitat

Sika deers previously had a wide distribution across East Asia from Vietnam to Russian Far East. Today their range is heavily reduced and fragmented in all areas except Japan, where the species remain common. It is extinct from Vietnam and Korea, and in China it is limited to 2 or 3 small wild populations in the Southern part of the country. There are many so called wild populations of sika deer in China, which are actually descended from escaped domesticated deers. In Russia the species is only found in Primorsky Krai.

Sika deer are found in the temperate/subtropical forests of Eastern Asia, preferring areas with dense understory, and where snowfall does not exceed 10-20 cm. They tend to forage in patchy clearings of forests. Introduced populations are found in areas with similar habitats to their native range, including Western and Central Europe, Eastern United States, and New Zealand.
    [edit] Status
    Formosan Sika Deer.

The sika deer inhabits the temperate and subtropical woodlands, which unfortunately are also the perfect habitats for farming and human exploitation. The sika deers are found in one of the most densely populated areas in the world, and forests are cleared away hundreds of years ago. The population status of sika deers differs significantly from the countries they are found in, due to the views of the species by people.

Japan has the largest native sika populations in the world. There are over hundreds of thousands sika deers in the wild and the numbers are still increasing. This is mainly due to the recent conservation efforts and the extinction of wolves, its main predator, from the country. Without its main enemy the population of sika deers boomed and is now overpopulated in many areas, posing a threat to both forests and farmlands. Hunting is now encouraged in Japan.

China used to have the largest population of sika deers, but thousands of years of hunting and forest logging has reduced the population to less than 1,000. Only 2 of the 5 subspecies remain, each existing in single populations of a couple hundred individuals. The other three subspecies still remain in farms and zoos, but the lack of decent habitats in the region have made reintroduction impossible.

The species was previously extinct in Taiwan, but individuals from zoos was introduced in Kenting National Park and the population now numbers 200. Reintroduction programs are also underway in Vietnam, where the species is currently extinct.

Russia has a relatively large and stable population of 9,000, but it is limited to a small area in Primorsky Krai.

The species is likely to be extinct in Korea, but unconfirmed sightings are frequent from the northeastern mountains of North Korea, possibly having migrated from Russia.
    [edit] Introduced populations

Sika Deer have been introduced into a number of other countries including Australia, Austria, Denmark, Germany, Britain, France, Ireland, Jolo Island (southern Philippines), New Zealand, Poland, Morocco and the United States (Maryland, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia, and Kansas). In many cases they were originally introduced as ornamental animals in parkland, but have established themselves in the wild.

In Britain and Ireland several distinct wild and feral populations now exist. Some of these are in isolated areas, for example on the island of Lundy, but others are contiguous with populations of the native Red Deer. Since the two species sometimes hybridise, there is a serious conservation concern.[1]

In the 1900s, King Edward VII presented a pair of sika deer (Cervus nippon) to John, the second Baron Montagu of Beaulieu. This pair escaped into Sowley Wood and were the basis of the large herds of sika to be found in the New Forest today. They were so prolific that culling had to be introduced in the 1930s to control numbers.[2]
    [edit] Hunting
    Sika deer in winter

Across its original range, and more intensively in many countries to which it has been introduced, the sika is regarded as a particularly prized and elusive sportsman's quarry. In Britain, Ireland and mainland Europe it has been noted that sika display very different survival strategies and escape tactics from the indigenous deer. They have a marked tendency to use camouflage and concealment in circumstances when Red deer, for example, would flee; and have been seen to squat and lie belly-flat when danger threatens in the form of human intrusion.

Hunters and control cullers have estimated that the sika's wariness and "cleverness" makes it three or four times more difficult to bring to bag than a Red or Fallow deer.[citation needed] It has also been widely remarked that sika are much more tenacious of life, and harder to kill with a rifle bullet, than the native deer of Europe and North America. In the British Isles sika are widely regarded as a very serious threat to new and established woodlands, and public and private forestry bodies adopt policies of rigorous year-round culling, generally with little effect.

Among aficionados of venison, sika flesh is regarded as one of the very finest and most flavourful of all game meats at the dinner table.[citation needed]
    [edit] Antler trade
    Tame deer wandering the streets of Miyajima, Japan

Sika Deer in China had been domesticated long ago for antler trades, along with several other species. In Taiwan, both Formosan Sika Deer and Formosan Sambar Deer (Cervus unicolor swinhoei) have been farmed for velvet antlers. The only exceptions that may have integrity as a subspecies are possibly the Dybowski's Sika deer of Manchuria and Ussuri region, and the sika deer subspecies that survive in Japan, Ryukyu Islands, and Taiwan. Japan is the only country in Eastern Asia where sika deer were not farmed for velvet antler.

Other deer raised for antler trade were Thorold's Deer (Cervus albirostris), various Central Asian Red Deer (Cervus affinis) subspecies, and Wapiti (Cervus canadensis) subspecies.
    [edit] See also

* Red Deer - European Red Deer
    * Central Asian Red Deer - Asian/Himalayan/Tibetan Red Deer
    * Elk - East Asian/North American Red Deer (Wapiti)
    * Thorold's Deer

[edit] References

1. ^ Harris, R.B. (2008). Cervus nippon. In: IUCN 2008. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Downloaded on 5 April 2009. Database entry includes a brief justification of why this species is of least concern.
    2. ^ "British Mammals: Sika Deer". BBC. 15 June 2007. BBC - h2g2 - British Mammals: Sika Deer. Retrieved 8 October 2009.

* Cervus nippon (TSN 180696). Integrated Taxonomic Information System. Retrieved on 10 February 2006.
    * Igota, H., Sakagura, M., Uno, H., Kaji, K., Maneko, M., Akamatsu, R., & Maekawa, (in press). Seasonal patterns of female sika deer in eastern Hokkaidō, Japan. Ecological Research, 19.

[edit] Further Reading

O'Brien, D.J., Roodey, S.M. and Hayden, T.J. 2009. A differential vulnerability to hunting between the sexes in Sika-type calves. I. Nat. J. 30: 7- 9.
    [edit] External links
    Search Wikimedia Commons Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Sika Deer
    Search Wikispecies Wikispecies has information related to: Cervus nippon

* Hunting Sika in New Zealand
    * Photos of sika deer in Nara, Japan
    * Sika Deer Hunting
    * Sika Deer in New Zealand and their distribution.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Rick...I can see you and your writing. Like using statistics and other key method and way of your writing.
    You think aixelsid is Rick?

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    Arctures is now niffweed incarnate!! :amazed:
    Oh I thought we were playing "paste large blocks of text." My mistake.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

David F. Case
    David F. Case

Born 1937
    New York, U.S.
    Occupation novelist, short story writer
    Nationality U.S.
    Genres horror, Fantasy, Western fiction

David F. Case (born 1937) is an American writer of short stories and novelist.
    Contents
    [hide]

* 1 Biography
    * 2 Works
    * 3 Short stories
    * 4 Novel Publications with David Case's work
    * 5 Collections by David Case
    * 6 Anthologies containing David Case stories
    * 7 References
    * 8 External links

[edit] Biography

David F. Case was born in 1937 in upstate New York. He spends much of his time in either London or Greece. Outside of the horror genre, Case has written over 300 books under at least 17 different pseudonyms, ranging from porn to Westerns.

David Case's first collection, The Cell: Three Tales of Horror appeared in 1969. It was followed by the novels Fengriffen: A Chilling Tale, Wolf Tracks and The Third Grave.

His most recent collection is Brotherly Love and Other Tales of Faith and Knowledge was published by Pumpkin Books.

His novel Fengriffen was adapted into the film And Now the Screaming Starts! (1973). His classic werewolf thriller The Hunter was adapted into a TV movie called Scream of the Wolf (1974).

Meanwhile his first Western, Plumb Drillin', which was originally set to be a movie starring Steve McQueen, has recently been re-optioned.

David Case has one unpubllished novel in need of a home with a publishing house. The novel is called The Thing That Raped Women. A copy of the typescript bearing that title can be found in the Ramsey Campbell archive in the Sydney Jones Library at the University of Liverpool.

It turns out that "Jimmy" by David Case is in actuality the same story dubbed by Ramsey Campbell as "The thing that raped women." There are two versions of "Jimmy" in existence. The first appeared in Case's collection Brotherly Love, and the original longer alternative manuscript that originally got lost in transit appears in By Moonlight Only. The version of "Jimmy" in '"Brotherly Love"' is the version that Case had written entirely from memory due to having lost the original manuscript. Once the lost manuscript miraculously turned up, the alternative version of the story saw print.

David Case's powerful zombie novella "Pelican Cay" in Dark Terrors 5 was nominated for a World Fantasy Award in 2001.

David Case will be a guest of honor at the World Horror Convention taking place in Brighton England in 2010.

PS Publishing will be putting out a new collection of David Case's work in honor of Case's appearance at the World Horror Convention in 2010. The collection will be entitled Pelican Cay and Other Disquieting Tales (2010) , edited by Stephen Jones.
    [edit] Works

* The Cell: Three Tales of Horror (1969)
    * Fengriffen and Other Stories (1971)
    * The Third Grave (1980)
    * Wolf Tracks (1980)
    * Brotherly Love & OtherTales of Faith and Knowledge (1999)
    * Pelican Cay and Other Disquieting Tales (2010)

[edit] Short stories

* The Dead End (1969)
    * The Hunter (1969)
    * Fengriffen (1971)
    * The War is Over (1988)
    * Cannibal Feast (1994)
    * Jimmy (1999)
    * Pelican Cay (2000)
    * Among the Wolves
    * The Cell
    * A Cross to Bear
    * Neighbours
    * Reflection
    * Strange Roots
    * Brotherly Love
    * The Foreign Bride
    * Ogre of the Cleft
    * Anachrona
    * Reflection
    * Twins
    * The Terrestrial Fancy
    * Penny Wise
    * Skulls
    * The Cave

[edit] Novel Publications with David Case's work

* Fengriffen: A chilling tale (1970)

aka '"And Now the Screaming Starts"' (an alternative title to Fengriffen to reflect the film adaptation)

* Wolf Tracks
    * The Third Grave

[edit] Collections by David Case

* The Cell: Three Tales of Horror (1969)-- Contains the stories "The Cell," "The Hunter," and "The Dead End."
    * Fengriffen and Other Stories (1971—Contains the novel Fengriffen and the stories "Among the Wovles" and "Strange Roots"
    * Brotherly Love: And Other Tales of Faith and Knowledge (1999)--Contains the stories "Brotherly Love," "The Foreign Bride," "The Ogre of the Cleft," "Jimmy," "Anachrona," and "The Terrestrial Fancy."
    * Pelican Cay and Other Disquieting Tales (2010)--Contains the stories "Pelican Cay," "Penny Wise," "Reflection," "Skulls," "The Cannibal Feast," "The War is Over," "The Cave." [Note: The deluxe, signed edition additionally contains "PENNY WISE" (variant draft) and "TWINS" (a re-working of a chapter from "SKULLS").]

[edit] Anthologies containing David Case stories

* The 11th Pan Book of Horror Stories (1970)--Contains "The Cell"
    * The 12th Pan Book of Horror Stories (1971)--Contains "The Hunter"
    * The 13th Pan Book of Horror Stories (1972)--Contains "The Dead End"
    * The 14th Pan Book of Horror Stories (1973)--Contains "Strange Roots"
    * The 15th Pan Book of Horror Stories (1974)--Contains "Among the Wolves"
    * The 19th Pan Book of Horror Stories (1978)--Contains "Neighbors"
    * The 22nd Pan Book of Horror Stories (1981)--Contains "A Cross to Bear"
    * Fantasy Tales Vol. 8 #16 (1986)--Contains "Twins"
    * Fine Frights: Stories That Scared Me (1988)--Contains "The War is Over"
    * The Mammoth Book of Short Horror Novels (1988)--Contains Fengriffen
    * Dark Voices: The Best from the Pan Book of Horror Stories (1990)--Contains "The Hunter"
    * Dark Voices 6: The Pan Book of Horror (1994)--Contains "Cannibal Feast"
    * The Mammoth Book of Frankenstein (1994)--Contains "The Dead End"
    * Dark of the Night (1997)--Contains "Reflection"
    * Dark Terrors 5 (2000)--Contains "Pelican Cay"
    * The Mammoth Book of Best New Horror Volume Eleven (2000)--Contains "Jimmy"
    * By Moonlight Only (2003)--Contains alternative and longer version of "Jimmy"
    * The Mammoth Book of New Terror (2004)--Contains "Among the Wolves"

[edit] References

* "The Authors and Editors of Arkham House". Authors. Retrieved 2007-01-19.
    * Joshi, S.T. (1999). Sixty Years of Arkham House: A History and Bibliography. Sauk City, WI: Arkham House. pp. 147. ISBN 0-87054-176-5.

[edit] External links

* David Case at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_F._Case"
    Categories: 1937 births | Living people | Western (genre) writers | American fantasy writers | American horror writers

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socialism
    Part of the Politics series on
    Socialism
    Red flag
    Currents[show]
    Scientific socialism · African socialism · Arab socialism
    Democratic socialism · Green socialism · Guild socialism
    Libertarian socialism · Market socialism
    Revolutionary socialism · Utopian socialism
    Communism
    Socialist anarchism
    Social democracy
    Titoism
    Key topics and issues[show]
    Types
    History
    Economics
    State
    Criticisms
    People[show]
    Henri de Saint-Simon · Robert Owen · Charles Fourier · Louis Blanc · Karl Marx · Friedrich Engels · Daniel De Leon · Eugene V. Debs · Ben Tillett · Vladimir Lenin · Rosa Luxemburg · Karl Liebknecht · Leon Trotsky · Mao Zedong · William Morris · Doğu Perinçek
    Organizations[show]
    First International (International Workingmen's Association)
    Second International
    Third International (Comintern)
    Fourth International
    Socialist International
    World Federation of Democratic Youth
    International Union of Socialist Youth
    Religious socialism[show]
    Buddhist · Christian
    Islamic · Jewish left