Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Rick DeLong

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe Gilly made you up to create controversy and drive up activity.

On the other hand, maybe someone else made you up to disrupt things.

Hmm. I think you might be made up.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

She is ENFp;

-
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I love, I love, I love, love, love love; not effective, efficient, productive. She's working on being late...ummmm ESTj's arn't late.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

The interviewer is a J type...ISFj? or ESFj

-

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ENFp and ESTj side by side; ESTj focus on information. ENFp laughes on the outside and ESTj on the inside that's why you get them typed wrong.

Maximize your possibilities that's ESTj's thinking...

-

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you have beaten Phaedrus out as Worst Socionist. Congrats. I think I'll take advice from elsewhere and put you on ignore.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ne's don't come to spotlight for their work because we fear criticism for our ideas and beliefs; I learned to fight for the underdog early on, and because I've realized I grew up with many duals and so I've always had that confidence; I'm not letting you guys make a mockery out of Socionics any more, I'll fight you to the death of this forum and the ones who don't want to see people being words that don't matter. HAVE A NICE DAY.
    -

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    fight...confidence...mockery...death (reduced for the sake of those ignoring her)
    I'm convinced; Maritsa is IEI. Rick was correct.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    Did you watch any of the video's that I posted here? Did you listen for their words and hear the language of the person? NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO

doesn't seem you did
    -

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    Arctures said it first!!

Have to put in a plug for my identical!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Rick DeLong is ESTj/LSE type; he is the founder of Wikisocion and another Socionics site. He once typed me incorrectly as INFp...not noticing that the J is morphologically apparent; here is his personal website. If you want to know what ESTj's value and are like, please read his site...

Personal Website of Rick DeLong

In an independent study of ESTj's, that I conducted, I asked 50 men between the ages of 20 and 35 what their favorite books were they said Guns, Germs, and Steel and The Power of Myth also they included the economy, statistics, environment to be a big issue and concern for them. I also asked other relevent questions and will eventually post the results on my blog.

Here's George Clooney loving the book and meeting the author..

News: 'Guns, Germs, and Steel' Reconsidered - Inside Higher Ed
    You would totally be into kinky sex wouldn't you, I can see it now.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    Yes, I have read his blog faithfully, his socionics.us website (great Ne detailed description) and his writings on wikisocion. I believe he is ENFp.
    Where's your proof?
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

WHERE IS YOUR PROOF

WHERE IS YOUR PROOF

WHERE IS YOUR PROOF

WHERE IS YOUR PROOF
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

WHERE'S YOUR PROOF

WHERE'S YOUR PROOF

WHERE'S YOUR PROOF

WHERE'S YOUR PROOF
    -

Creepy-cinq

Where's your proof?
    I'm no expert, but, his body type and facial features do not match ESTj. His physical features appear to be intuitive. Look at the shape of his face - this is not in line with STs. The type, number and breadth of interests are in line with NF types, of extraverted nature. As you know, he'll stay with an interest for a while then suddenly divert his attention to another interest (writing on his blog, then announcing he's leaving to pursue something else - with a promise to write a book one day). I would not expect an ESTj to divert attention like this. The tone of his writing is more in line with a perceiver's style - reporting what he perceives.

These are just broad strokes. I don't really know him or care to investigate his type to infinity. If he isn't ENFp, my other choice would be INFj, but, surely not ESTj or any other ST.

Maritsa, it sounds like you are a woman scorned. You don't like the fact that he may have mistyped you (no one's perfect) so you wish mar him with shame and embarrassment. Why?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm no expert, but, his body type and facial features do not match ESTj. His physical features appear to be intuitive. Look at the shape of his face - this is not in line with STs. The type, number and breadth of interests are in line with NF types, of extraverted nature. As you know, he'll stay with an interest for a while then suddenly divert his attention to another interest (writing on his blog, then announcing he's leaving to pursue something else - with a promise to write a book one day). I would not expect an ESTj to divert attention like this. The tone of his writing is more in line with a perceiver's style - reporting what he perceives.

These are just broad strokes. I don't really know him or care to investigate his type to infinity. If he isn't ENFp, my other choice would be INFj, but, surely not ESTj or any other ST.

Maritsa, it sounds like you are a woman scorned. You don't like the fact that he may have mistyped you (no one's perfect) so you wish mar him with shame and embarrassment. Why?
    post a good side picture and face forward shot of him here.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You're stoking a lion; be careful they bite...no, you can't type sorry.
    -

Creepy-cinq

post a good side picture and face forward shot of him here.
    We've discussed this before. I think your heart is normally in the right place, but I have to say you have a serious issue here with Rick. I think it's best you look inside yourself to find out why he upsets you so much. Is this envy? What enneagram type are you? E4? INFjs are usually 4s.

In any case, this is getting tedious. I have to conclude you are a troll or someone who is a victim of a socionics cult.

Creepy-cinq

You're stoking a lion; be careful they bite...no, you can't type sorry.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My VI here...

you will see a flat, slightly protruding superciliary arches here....

S vison...

So far EST...

Buckwheat's Pacific Crest Trail (PCT) Pages

http://rickdelong.com/photos/austria_cycling.shtml
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

We've discussed this before. I think your heart is normally in the right place, but I have to say you have a serious issue here with Rick. I think it's best you look inside yourself to find out why he upsets you so much. Is this envy? What enneagram type are you? E4? INFjs are usually 4s.

In any case, this is getting tedious. I have to conclude you are a troll or someone who is a victim of a socionics cult.
    Same person, same tone and some language...you don't see? I see...just look back at your writings.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Where's your proof

Where's your proof

Where's your proof

Where's your proof
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Another one of me... (the words here include, feeling fine, interesting, well-being, half ass, overwhelming, etc...my language)...we don't speak out loud in promoting our concern, we have a soft appealing voice.

Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-21-2010 at 02:53 AM.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Where's your proof

Where's your proof

Where's your proof

Where's your proof
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

This is me...(or just excited me), excited fun... when I'm not worrying about people...in your BULL language you call it subtype...IT DOES NOT EXIST.

LOOK AT HER HAND GESTURES (that's drawing a mental image)...LANGUAGE
    (she is the sweetest)

WHAT HAPPENED TO HER EXCITEMENT????

ME BEING VERY SEXY...AND NAUGHTY

Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-21-2010 at 03:15 AM.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Where's your proof

Where's your proof

Where's your proof

Where's your proof
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Me...Language (greatful, evolve, I love everyone, and achievement is not tied to love, you and you alone are good enought, look at who the person is, believe in yourself, there's no right or wrong way, the's no perfect employee)

BE GRACIOUS ENOUGH TO LISTEN TO THE OTHER SIDE...ME

Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-21-2010 at 03:49 AM.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

WHERE'S YOUR PROOF

WHERE'S YOUR PROOF

WHERE'S YOUR PROOF

WHERE'S YOUR PROOF
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My typing is accurate...go fish in another pond if you don't like the way I do things.
    -

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well now that it's obvious that maritsa is a joke account I feel bad for humoring him.

At least I get to say I told ya so. It is funny though, how this forum will desperately fight to keep joke accounts alive because we would be infringing upon 'unwritten rights'... it would have been so much more impressive if we would have banned the account outright. Pussies.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa = troll?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    Maritsa = troll?
    Uh, yeah.... If this were a serious VI discussion thread I would consider posting a link to a set of facial pictures of myself that would cry out "IEE!" to the average forum member. Here, though, I doubt it is worth it.

If this were my forum I would probably make a rare exception and ban Maritsa for trolling, annoying just about everyone, and clearly stating that she will "fight to the death," i.e. has no intention of letting up.

She is probably a real person, clearly an immigrant of maybe 5-10 years, probably from the south Caucasus (Armenia, eastern Turkey, northern Iran). I would guess Armenia because I think she speaks some Russian (enough to take classes in Russia?). Some of the colorful expressions she uses have a foreign flavor. When I typed her 2 years ago she wrote in absolutely the same style. So it is unlikely she is fake, though it is tempting to wonder if she is really Phaedrus... but no, no, that can't be BTW, I was never really really sure about her type, and told her so. She kept changing her own self-typing and forcing it on me, which made the typing very difficult. But yes, IEI was and is my best guess, though not a confident one.

Maritsa obviously knows me poorly, because many of the things even she is saying about IEEs and LSEs clearly point towards IEE for me, such as being "materially unambitious" (I don't agree with that overgeneralization, but agree that it is more often the case than with LSEs, and it is certainly true for me, as she would have discovered if she'd read my personal site more carefully rather than just skimming the top for words like "effective") or "having tons of interests" (um, duh -- can't you read?? Btw, LSEs also sometimes have lots of interests, but they tend to clearly separate professional interests from "interests for fun," which IEEs do not). I have a large number of different unrelated projects going on. For instance, what I am mostly doing now is writing a colorful day-by-day account of my long-distance hike last summer. It is essentially a literary exercise; it is for other people to read and be inspired and find useful info, not to make money.

Another mistake she is making is mixing up professional, age-related, and even gender-related behavior with type behavior. I am a grown man and have created my socionics sites to convey useful information, not to be emo about myself and my personal life to receive social affirmation or buoy my self-worth. That was 10-15 years ago. Sure, my socionics writings are a contrast to so many people at the16types, who are in a different LIFE STAGE and are DISCOVERING THEMSELVES. Certainly a bit of my personal life comes out in my writings, but understand: I am a professional writer and website creator, and I know that 99% of readers are more interested in my useful information and experience than in my soul. Also, my sites are "well organized" because a) I am smart and b) that is an important part of my profession, so I have learned it well.

Another thing -- she has taken quotes demonstrating from my RESUME and work history description. Give me a break. Find a RESUME that is not full of dull language such as, "efficiently processed," blah blah blah, "increased sales by 20% over 3 months," blah blah blah. In fact, this is how I parodied this language in the section on Facebook that asks about your employment history:

Company:
    Dans Dung Delivery
    Position:
    Depute Dung Deployer
    Description:
    Designed dung disposal devices. Discretely delivered duly decomposed dung. Drove dungmobile during day. Diligently doubled dung deployment during duty. Dutifully drafted documents. Demonstrated due discretion during dung decomposure, dude.

Also, she seems interested only in the male LSE - female EII dyad. But where are her female LSEs - male EIIs?? She seems to be imbuing the LSE with typical male qualities and the EII with typical female ones. As a type would say, that is very "unprofessional" of her. If I said of myself (very correctly) that I like to focus on a single activity for hours in a row without distractions on a daily basis and that I am intent on being the best at what I do, I would simply be describing just about any successful man and not a few professionally successful women.

NOTE: I am only posting all this because several normal people have wrote about me in this thread. I couldn't care less what Maritsa thinks about me.
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's Ashton or one of his cohorts.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah this doesn't sound like a real person, just someone trying to act like a real person.

Either that or, schizophrenic.

(I'm thinking a troll... this doesn't sound like a woman, more like a guy trying to act like one).

(It could be someone from OKCupid. We have in recent months become a resident laughing stock over there).

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    Are you a real person or are you some kind of joke account made up by Gilly or someone? I'm starting to think you're some other person on this forum "taking the piss" so to speak.
    That's exactly why I won't interact with "her" because I'd feel like I was being Punked
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Yeah this doesn't sound like a real person, just someone trying to act like a real person.

Either that or, schizophrenic.

(I'm thinking a troll... this doesn't sound like a woman, more like a guy trying to act like one).

(It could be someone from OKCupid. We have in recent months become a resident laughing stock over there).
    Unfortunately, it is 100% certain that she is a real person. I received a video tape in the mail from her when I was typing her. But it was an old format of tape and I was never able to watch it. But it is safe to assume that the tape was genuine. How would she have known I wouldn't be able to watch it?

As further proof, here is her personal blog: THIS IS JUST LIFE

(turns out I was right about Armenia)

So, consider the implications of the fact that she is indeed a real person and by all indications genuine about her socionics views and other convictions.
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If she's real, then she's got an issue with obsessiveness, and has definitely reached troll status. She makes this forum weaker rather than stronger and should be banned. Didn't Gilly ban her at one point and erase her quadrillion stupid posts? He was right.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Uh, yeah.... If this were a serious VI discussion thread I would consider posting a link to a set of facial pictures of myself that would cry out "IEE!" to the average forum member. Here, though, I doubt it is worth it.

If this were my forum I would probably make a rare exception and ban Maritsa for trolling, annoying just about everyone, and clearly stating that she will "fight to the death," i.e. has no intention of letting up.

She is probably a real person, clearly an immigrant of maybe 5-10 years, probably from the south Caucasus (Armenia, eastern Turkey, northern Iran). I would guess Armenia because I think she speaks some Russian (enough to take classes in Russia?). Some of the colorful expressions she uses have a foreign flavor. When I typed her 2 years ago she wrote in absolutely the same style. So it is unlikely she is fake, though it is tempting to wonder if she is really Phaedrus... but no, no, that can't be BTW, I was never really really sure about her type, and told her so. She kept changing her own self-typing and forcing it on me, which made the typing very difficult. But yes, IEI was and is my best guess, though not a confident one.

Maritsa obviously knows me poorly, because many of the things even she is saying about IEEs and LSEs clearly point towards IEE for me, such as being "materially unambitious" (I don't agree with that overgeneralization, but agree that it is more often the case than with LSEs, and it is certainly true for me, as she would have discovered if she'd read my personal site more carefully rather than just skimming the top for words like "effective") or "having tons of interests" (um, duh -- can't you read?? Btw, LSEs also sometimes have lots of interests, but they tend to clearly separate professional interests from "interests for fun," which IEEs do not). I have a large number of different unrelated projects going on. For instance, what I am mostly doing now is writing a colorful day-by-day account of my long-distance hike last summer. It is essentially a literary exercise; it is for other people to read and be inspired and find useful info, not to make money.

Another mistake she is making is mixing up professional, age-related, and even gender-related behavior with type behavior. I am a grown man and have created my socionics sites to convey useful information, not to be emo about myself and my personal life to receive social affirmation or buoy my self-worth. That was 10-15 years ago. Sure, my socionics writings are a contrast to so many people at the16types, who are in a different LIFE STAGE and are DISCOVERING THEMSELVES. Certainly a bit of my personal life comes out in my writings, but understand: I am a professional writer and website creator, and I know that 99% of readers are more interested in my useful information and experience than in my soul. Also, my sites are "well organized" because a) I am smart and b) that is an important part of my profession, so I have learned it well.

Another thing -- she has taken quotes demonstrating from my RESUME and work history description. Give me a break. Find a RESUME that is not full of dull language such as, "efficiently processed," blah blah blah, "increased sales by 20% over 3 months," blah blah blah. In fact, this is how I parodied this language in the section on Facebook that asks about your employment history:

Company:
    Dans Dung Delivery
    Position:
    Depute Dung Deployer
    Description:
    Designed dung disposal devices. Discretely delivered duly decomposed dung. Drove dungmobile during day. Diligently doubled dung deployment during duty. Dutifully drafted documents. Demonstrated due discretion during dung decomposure, dude.

Also, she seems interested only in the male LSE - female EII dyad. But where are her female LSEs - male EIIs?? She seems to be imbuing the LSE with typical male qualities and the EII with typical female ones. As a type would say, that is very "unprofessional" of her. If I said of myself (very correctly) that I like to focus on a single activity for hours in a row without distractions on a daily basis and that I am intent on being the best at what I do, I would simply be describing just about any successful man and not a few professionally successful women.

NOTE: I am only posting all this because several normal people have wrote about me in this thread. I couldn't care less what Maritsa thinks about me.

NOW YOU'RE BEING A CHICKEN
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post

Company:
    Dans Dung Delivery
    Position:
    Depute Dung Deployer
    Description:

EVERYTHING YOU WROTE HERE including writing a day-by-day account of your hike is LSE; you write to convey information...you said it in one of your paragraphs up above...that is LSE style. Your aim for global concerns with economy and such are very much ESTj..please...please, for goodness sake, read Filatova's entry on the dual relations between the Director and Humanist and you will see that that is clearly written there.

You have fed people so much BS about certain types being intollerably inhuman that they naturally run away from typing themselves that type, and you end up with Socionics forums where everyone and their mother is an N something. Take ESTj and your denial to self identify with that type? why? because they have hearty energy for everything they set out to accomplish?, because they do provide exposure to nature for their dual pair?-and they themselves take up activities, instinctively, because they are meant to share these things with their match. Making whole...INFj do little things, because they already naturally understand the big things; and ESTj do the big things, because they naturally understand the little things....EVERY thing in Dual pairs are a whole unit.

Where's the individuality of your method, where's the heart and soul of the human character? It's so cut and dry no wonder people escape from certain type.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-21-2010 at 04:19 PM.
    -

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EVERYTHING YOU WROTE HERE including ...
    You have been taught an incorrect version of socionics. Look at the extremely uneven type statistics provided by the authors of that book. So nature has intended for only a tiny percentage (11%) of people to be able to dualize? Isn't that suspicious? How can you say that that is the same socionics that Aushra Augusta discovered? Look at the authors' types themselves -- not even they are dualized. WHY -- if dualization is so important? Now you're trying to force yourself as a dual upon someone who you understand poorly compared to most other forum members. Why don't I at least feel like you understand me or sympathize with me, if you're truly my dual? So if I say "OK, I'm LSE," that will make everything better? You still don't understand me at all -- I am not drawn to people like you. To force your version of socionics on people you are discounting all their positive life experience and telling them to start from scratch and to accept a socionics method that proposes an extremely UNbalanced distribution of types. To me it is plainly obvious that Rod Novichkov's method is utterly false and incompatible with socionics. If they are from Russian and learned socionics "from the source," why don't any Russian socionists know who they are?? Why haven't they published anything in the Russian socionics journals? Look at the terrible reviews (except for yours) for the book at http://www.amazon.com/Yourself-Match...pr_product_top. Even the Kiev socionist Irina Eglit has read the book and thinks it is garbage. Good luck -- you will get nowhere using this method and will waste precious years of your life spreading enmity among people rather than happiness and acceptance.
    Last edited by Rick; 02-22-2010 at 06:26 AM.