Thread: Rick DeLong

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Watch that video and you will see ESTj/LSE...they can be human you know, and be funny and artsy...all of that and be business like etc...
    yeah you're one to talk. . .
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    yeah you're one to talk. . .
    I am the one to talk and confidently so, because I know his language, I can sense my dual a million miles away.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Follow your passion, and it will work out...watch that video...you will see you in there, economical, environmentally conscious... using the word efficiency and effectiveness like you do...relating much?

Remember dear, you don't know you until someone points it out or until you see your identical type doing something or saying something that looks like you.
    we are pointing out that you are IEI. You had your typing wrong. You couldn't have known until someone points it out to you. And to recognize your identical type means you have to be able to type them correctly. Which if you had your type wrong all along would mean you had your identical type's type wrong.

See the fallacy in your "teachings"?

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am the one to talk and confidently so, because I know his language, I can sense my dual a million miles away.
    Everyone can sense their duals, even people who dont know socionics theory. If you can speak confidently about sensing your dual, why am I not allowed to? You're a hypocrite.

Except you can't sense duals through writing. You have to closely interact with them in action, in person. You may THINK you are sensing a dual, but it's a non-dual expressing values that are shared with your dual.

The reason is because different functions are expressed differently. some may come across through writing, some may not.

Also, smarter people have more evolved weaker functions, so Rick being IEE may have more developed Te than an IEE who is not as smart as he is. Our hidden agenda, after all, is Te. It is what we subconsciously pursue, especially when it comes to interests we are extremely interested in. So, no surprise that things Rick writes about exude Te. Doesn't mean he's LSE.

p.s. Maritsa, lay off of Rick. He's a happily married man.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Everyone can sense their duals, even people who dont know socionics theory.

Except you can't sense duals through writing. You have to closely interact with them in action, in person. You may THINK you are sensing a dual, but it's a non-dual expressing values that are shared with your dual.

The reason is because different functions are expressed differently. some may come across through writing, some may not.

Also, smarter people have more evolved weaker functions, so Rick being IEE may have more developed Te than an IEE who is not as smart as he is. Our hidden agenda, after all, is Te. It is what we subconsciously pursue, especially when it comes to interests we are extremely interested in. So, no surprise that things Rick writes about exude Te. Doesn't mean he's LSE.

p.s. Maritsa, lay off of Rick. He's a happily married man.
    No, not everyone can sense their duals, only dualized duals can; otherwide the undualized duals go for easy to start relations like identical, mirror, and activity or anyone good looking.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33
    8, 25, 29, 2, 16, 34
    Damn, I lost the lottery again! Will my luck ever turn around?

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a serious note though, I wish more people would do what I'm doing. It's quite apparent that Maritsa isn't going to budge on any stupid argument she makes, so why not just have fun with it?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arctures View Post
    Damn, I lost the lottery again! Will my luck ever turn around?
    Ask my mom...Ni primary love to gamble? all Gamma love to gamble...they love risk! I am from the wrong quadra for that sorry.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...j-artists.html

Who owes me some RESPECT; find out what you mean to me, RESPECT...oooooh yeah!!!!
    -

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, not everyone can sense their duals, only dualized duals can; otherwide the undualized duals go for easy to start relations like identical, mirror, and activity or anyone good looking.
    I stand corrected. . .DUALIZED duals. I still stand by everything else I said. Bringing us back to the POINT of my reply to that post of yours, you still can't assert that Rick is your dual, simply based on his written works. (it wasn't even him chatting with you, which would be more of an interaction).

(p.s. but since you bring us back to the topic of me, did you even care to find out whether my dual and I had dualized before presuming the nature of my attraction to this SLI in question? rhetorical question. . .no you didn't. Also, did you even bother to find out the state of my relationship with SLI in question? no you didn't. It is not easy to start--it actually hasn't started yet, or ever. I am not in a relationship with this guy. I worked closely with him, in person, for a while, and discovered duality. This is how i discovered socionics.)

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ask my mom...Ni primary love to gamble? all Gamma love to gamble...they love risk! I am from the wrong quadra for that sorry.
    IEI's are BETA not gamma. You are Ni primary from the BETA quadra.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I stand corrected. . .DUALIZED duals. I still stand by everything else I said. Bringing us back to the POINT of my reply to that post of yours, you still can't assert that Rick is your dual, simply based on his written works. (it wasn't even him chatting with you, which would be more of an interaction).

(p.s. but since you bring us back to the topic of me, did you even care to find out whether my dual and I had dualized before presuming the nature of my attraction to this SLI in question? rhetorical question. . .no you didn't. Also, did you even bother to find out the state of my relationship with SLI in question? no you didn't. It is not easy to start--it actually hasn't started yet, or ever. I am not in a relationship with this guy. I worked closely with him, in person, for a while, and discovered duality. This is how i discovered socionics.)
    Honey, you have no idea what you're talking about.
    -

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honey, you have no idea what you're talking about.
    run out of things to say, maritsa babes? If i have no idea what i'm talking about, then substantiate yourself.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JESUS CHRIST YOU GUYS

SET MARITSA ON YOUR IGNORE LIST

HOLY FUCK HOW HAVE YOU NOT YET DONE THIS

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    It's fun seeing Work dominate her, though.
    Yeah, but it's no fun to watch it go on forever and ever, knowing that Maritsa doesn't listen to arguments.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One person from the forum Palujim
    Lol.

ISTp because ESTp when they are walking down the street open their eyes wide, super wide open and as if they are capturing every little detail in their environment...he doesn't do that see his eyes are subdued gentle.
    I thought you type Clint Eastwood as ESTp. He's like the most squinty eyed guy there is, and he too has walked down some streets in his time.

Creepy-Cyclops

I haven't read most she's said on this thread yet ... however I completely agree with everything WorkaholicsAnon has said.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm's dog View Post
    I thought you type Clint Eastwood as ESTp. He's like the most squinty eyed guy there is, and he too has walked down some streets in his time.
    you're DAMN RIGHT he has

Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do think martisa is IEI-Ni
    No, she's as EII as it gets.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    No, she's as EII as it gets.
    judging by the ATTENTION WHORE quality of this thread....and the mixed up LOGICALLY INCOHERENT typings...and the DEEPLY FLAWED LOGIC in general she can be only one type.

SEE.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's fun seeing Work dominate her, though.
    Sometimes I get to the point of needing to debunk ridiculousness and set people straight. Feels good!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu
    Quote Originally Posted by polikujm's dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33
    ISTp because ESTp when they are walking down the street open their eyes wide, super wide open and as if they are capturing every little detail in their environment...he doesn't do that see his eyes are subdued gentle.
    you're DAMN RIGHT he has
    snap!

OMG I busted out laughing when I read this!
    Last edited by Suz; 02-20-2010 at 01:03 PM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    judging by the ATTENTION WHORE quality of this thread....and the mixed up LOGICALLY INCOHERENT typings...and the DEEPLY FLAWED LOGIC in general she can be only one type.

SEE.
    I think Maritsa is fighting for what she thinks is true, not attention-whoring... and the flawed logic comes from trying to spread the word about something that she accepted from an authority and doesn't know the reasoning behind, and yet feels duty-bound to inform us of. I've fallen victim to the same thing... you just have to learn not to try to convince anyone of something that you can't actually convince them of (sounds almost tautological when I put it like that... oh well, close enough).

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    I think Maritsa is fighting for what she thinks is true, not attention-whoring... and the flawed logic comes from trying to spread the word about something that she accepted from an authority and doesn't know the reasoning behind, and yet feels duty-bound to inform us of. I've fallen victim to the same thing... you just have to learn not to try to convince anyone of something that you can't actually convince them of (sounds almost tautological when I put it like that... oh well, close enough).
    yes...that is the ostensible rationale. the overall blush from the thread strikes me as attention whoring, not having read every single word since it would put my mind to sleep.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I haven't read most she's said on this thread yet ... however I completely agree with everything WorkaholicsAnon has said.
    Thanks dual!!

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd
    Unless you can show me a neck view on a profile pic, I will not believe you.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze

SEE.
    That's what I said too!! I realized she is using a lot of Se in her whole agenda since she got here.

She's also obsessed with how awesome SEEs are! She states she has lots of SEE friends (I doubt an EII would gravitate so much to them). She's been forcing herself into trying to act EII for so long, that might be why she sounds so nonsensical and isn't classically fitting a type in this weird unhealthy way.

I totally agree she's SEE.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    Well I dont think it's necessarily attention whoring that makes her SEE. She came to this board with all this flair and attitude that she was going to "change the world" so to speak. She is commanding, forceful, manipulative in her interactions in order to achieve her ends. Sounds awfully Se to me. Then again, she might be Se valuing and therefore just one of the betas, but she doesn't come across like the IEIs here do. I think what we're seeing is an SEE trying to morph herself into what she thinks is an EII (this is after all how she's been able to whine and get people to do stuff for her, and excuse her poor performance in school).

Creepy-cinq

Praise Lord, if she's SEE, I'll have to seriously rethink my self-typing.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    Praise Lord, if she's SEE, I'll have to seriously rethink my self-typing.
    What type do you want to be, son ?

Creepy-cinq

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    What type do you want to be, son ?
    Today, I think I want to be INTj.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Today, I think I want to be INTj.
    Here today, gone tomorrow.

Creepy-cinq

Here today, gone tomorrow.
    Are you available for confessions?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Are you available for confessions?
    Yes!

Creepy-cinq

Yes!
    Well, it's been quite a few years since my last confession.

I have to confess, when I see contradictions, I must chase after them, dig down until the truth is revealed. I can't help myself. I want to stop posting in this thread, but, I just can't. It's self-indulgent and sinful. I should just move on.
    Last edited by cinq; 02-20-2010 at 02:29 PM.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can rearrange the capital letters of Rick DeLong's name to form Dick LeRong, or Dick ReLong, or even Lick ReDong.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well, it's been quite a few years since my last confession.

I have to confess, when I see contradictions, I must chase after them, dig down until the truth is revealed. I can't help myself. I want to stop posting in this thread, but, I just can't. It's self-indulgent and sinful. I should just move on.
    Why chase, you two are in love ? Tell me, where do you see those contradictions, and who is their maker for I have a soft spot for them.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm's dog View Post
    You can rearrange the capital letters of Rick DeLong's name to form Dick LeRong, or Dick ReLong, or even Lick ReDong.
    You should be on countdown?

In short, it's a primarily words game with some numbers. Suprisingly adictive, a cult following in a way here...

*edited for rude word*

try make as big a word as you can from the letters in 30 seconds.

(oh, normally one doesn't get these words that's produced, just kinda funny in the out-takes of a "high-brow" show)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon
    Thanks dual!!
    On the money!

fwiw an all, i'm sort of considering IEI for this maritsa...for now...dunno for sure yet.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    -

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who the fuck is Maritsa.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what the fuck is ESTj
    The saddest ESFj

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what the fuck is morphology
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not