Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Embarrassing Identicals

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree, michael from the office and larry david. i almost can't take watching either show.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    ESFjs aren't normally at risk of being seen as boring, so I'd have a hard time seeing that. Being alpha SF usually also comes with quirks and a sense of ineffectuality (except on the social scene, of course), which I don't see in him.
    That might be the writing. All characters on that show were boring as hell. I remember reading that Rick Berman told the writing staff to make it so because he wanted federation era humans (and slightly pre-federation era) to be more boring, which in his mind meant more evolved.

But I have met boring ESEs in the past.

Why not some extrovert merry sensing type? He never seemed very calm or inhibited to me. Any attempt at comparison with T'Pol (exaggerated stereotype of ISTj) would instantly crash and burn.
    Of course it would, because she's an exaggerated stereotype.

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    I strongly doubt that is the reason, assuming they're this Dual pair. Fi PoLR is one thing, but was he unable to express his ideas of likes/dislikes like "how cool that is!" and stuff? That is Fe-Valuing and only missing that, an ILE could become annoying for an SEI, imo, but missing that kinda sounds Fe-PoLR.
    Not that no. He was never able to tell his wife that he loved her.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course it would, because she's an exaggerated stereotype.
    Tucker himself was pretty close to being an exaggerated stereotype of a merry extrovert. He was always nagging, being outwardly playful and picking fights over trivialities. An IJ's instinct to shrug that kind of thing off was completely lacking.

Seriously, maybe you should watch some of that series again. Half of the conversations in the story were kept going by Tucker's whining.

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    Tucker himself was pretty close to being an exaggerated stereotype of a merry extrovert. He was always nagging, being outwardly playful and picking fights over trivialities. An IJ's instinct to shrug that kind of thing off was completely lacking.

Seriously, maybe you should watch some of that series again. Half of the conversations in the story were kept going by Tucker's whining.
    I don't remember any of that, but if it's true then ok. But I'm never going to sit myself through that series ever again. Ever.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12