Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
Analyze my dream:

So I'm a native american running through the fall forest with my loin cloth and tomahawk, running alongside my tribe friend. Then at one point we are running through the forest and he finds a metal hatch in the ground and says, "come check this out!"

so he opens the hatch and we climb down inside.

next thing I know I wake up in this buddhist/shinto shrine. I sit up out of bed, rice walls, rice mats on the floor, in a robe, sandals on the wardrobe at the foot of the bed. I put on the sandals and I walk out the door into the building's main hallway. Accompanying me is that awkward feeling you get when you are sleeping over at a friend's house, but you're the only one awake.

its a spa, of some sort. Wooden floor, just at the end of the hallway is the entrance to a wooden sauna/hottub room kinda thing. In the middle of the hallway is this large skeleton creature who is slow moving, and looks like yoshimitsu's face (from tekken 2), except his rice hat was a lot bigger.

He slowly looks up at me, looking unthreatening, and then out of nowhere his eyes start glowing and I just get scared, so I start running. Behind me are these flaming faces that are screaming and chasing me.

So I run back into my room and sprint up and see a light blue stain glass window that is glowing. I pause for a minute as it fills me with peace. Then I resume running the fuck away. I kneel down, go into the crawl space. It takes me to this dark midnight blue stone hallway, with the light blue stain glass windows along the right edge. I'm running down the hallway, but at the same time this hallway is underneath a boardwalk, and i'm running along the beach. Just outside the boarwalk, are a bunch of old men on crosses, who are burning alive as i can hear them sizzling. One of them says, "it is neither good nor life" as he begins to have a near death experience. He was regretting his involvement with the cult. These men belonged to the cult inside of the building I just escaped from.

fin.
I think, the best way to analyze a dream is to do it yourself.
Whenever I have an extremely vivid dream I write it down in a journal and while writing I get some ideas what it could mean.

I don't know in what kind of life situation you dreamed this dream. You are the only one who knows that and so you are the only one who has the ability to fully understand your dream.
I also don't know whether all those details like the appearance of the shrine play a big role. Emotions in dreams play a bigger part and what I can see here is: curiosity => "awkward feeling you get when you are sleeping over at a friend's house, but you're the only one awake" (Feeling strange? Like you want do something, but cannot because it would be a disturbance? Is that it?) => fear/panic => a moment of peace => again fear? (What have you felt when you ran away for the second time?)

As you are Christian yourself, I can tell you the following: There are nightmares and nightmares... Some are caused by your subconscious and some are caused by something different, namely the invisible realm. They can come from God or from demons. Those kind of dreams are often the ones you can remember the best, even after years have passed.
I have developed a certain awareness for demons in my dreams. I know when they are there. It feels like someone else is manipulating the dream and someone else is also part of the dream. Usually all people in my dreams are either people I know in real life, so they are created from my memories, or people are parts of me, which means I can switch between point of views. But sometimes there is another creature in my dream I have no influence on. It's chasing me or searching for me and my emotions turn into horror and desperation. I don't run away from monsters in my dreams anymore. I face them and start praying or even singing a worship song and usually I wake up then. Sometimes I can't get myself to that point though and it gets really dark and scary. I had this dream about a girl who was eating needles and pins (strange, that reminds me of the last verse of a song by Genesis called "Fly on a Windshield": As the song and dance begins, the children play at home with needles, needles and pins https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9X2QtzCvBQ). There was also a blindfolded child and another gagged child in that dream and a haggard old woman who was scaring me to death. After having this dream I felt depressed for a few days. Usually dreams shouldn't have such an impact on emotions, I think. :/