Thread: Dream Interpretation Thread

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    so i woke up a couple hours ago and i can't go back to sleep. i dreamt that instead of a ribcage, i just had a birdcage in its place (or my ribcage doubled as a birdcage, whatever) and everyone was trying to coax the little yellow bird out from my ribs. and i was upset and telling everyone to fuck off because it really hurt. as they called the little birdie out, its beak would poke through my flesh and everyone was oblivious to it tearing a hole through me. "come here, little bird" and i'm just screaming because the bird is flapping inside my ribcage. i don't think the bird got out, but i can't recall how the dream began or ended, so maybe?

anyway, what does this mean?

birdcage instaed of ribcage. Is the bird where your heart would be?
    Does it flutter like a heart? This would be supported by this.
    Dream Moods: Your Dream Symbol Interpretation

Perhaps you're feeling like you can't let go of you heart/love/free spirit for some reason? Would it leave you vulnurable to pain? is a person/people pushing you or demanding that you open up more or something like this?

anyway just some things off the top of my head. maybe relevant maybe not. anyway hope you work it out, doesn't sound too pleasant.
    IEE-Ne

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't think the bird was my heart, it was more disturbing than that… like i was a normal functioning body except there was a small yellow bird living in my ribcage and everyone was trying to get it out. using that website you gave, i found these two to be paradoxical:

Yellow Bird
    To see a yellow bird in your dream, foretells good luck in financial affairs, but not so good in affairs of the heart.
    Rib
    To see ribs in your dream, symbolizes poverty and misery.
    so which is it?
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    i don't think the bird was my heart, it was more disturbing than that… like i was a normal functioning body except there was a small yellow bird living in my ribcage and everyone was trying to get it out. using that website you gave, i found these two to be paradoxical:

so which is it?
    The dream interpretations on the I find tend to be reasonably accurate, but it will depend on the overall context of the dream.
    O.K. do you know why they wanted to get it out?
    IEE-Ne

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    You are supposed to use Dreammoods as a consultant, but the dream symbols there are only the collective ones (Jung's collective unconscious). You have your own personal symbols, and that's where you have to look. What do you feel about the color yellow, what do you feel about birds, what do you feel about people and birdcages and your ribcage, for that matter.

Use dreammoods to see if you instantly recognize the symbol, if not, then what is written is wrong.

Dreams don't forecast richness or poverty, btw, that's just ridiculous. (OK, some trends can of course be predicted by the unconscious, but in general, not much). Dreams explain psychic energies, so that you, if you understand them, can cooperate better with yourself.

See the symbols in your dream in this context:
    - What are you struggling with in your life lately?
    - What are people up to around you?
    - What are you hiding from yourself?
    etc.

Then see if you can make sense of the dream.

Another trick is to see the dream in context of other dreams you have had lately. They are often linked.
    This is very good.
    IEE-Ne