Hybrid View

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    I dreamed that Carl Jung was committing suicide. He was old and he thought that he had already lived long enough. So he was now going to hang himself. He had a rope tied to a door frame, not very high from the ground and then he hanged himself. Then suddenly there was a shift of persons and I was the person with a rope around my neck and I was just about to die from suffocation.
    Could it indicate a certain part of you is dying, or ought to die?

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Could it indicate a certain part of you is dying, or ought to die?
    Yes, probably. I think I have been studying too much Latin and psychology and maybe I have identified too much with "wisdom" or a too intellectual attitude. This attitude has to die or wear off.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)