I dreamed that I was walking across campus at night, looking to catch up with some friends who were trying to buy drugs at a co-op house. I was late and had missed meeting them next to the library, but they told me the street address of the co-op and I was searching for it.

As I walked next to the library, I fell in step with this tall, beautiful blonde. She had intelligent eyes, a wide, smiling mouth, and a sleeve dress that kind of sparkled. I asked her if she knew where co-op No. 8 was and she said she wasn’t sure but thought she might and she’d be happy to help me look for it, and off she went with me trying to keep up.

As we walked, she was talking in a very animated fashion and she would frequently touch me, which I liked. I patted her ass in a friendly way and she smiled down at me. She was quite tall but didn’t seem to mind being seen with me. She claimed to be black but her skin was light coffee-with-cream colored and it looked great with her blonde hair.

She suddenly stopped her chattering as a loud, rowdy group of drunks approached us. She angled off the sidewalk toward the side of a house and pressed herself into a shadow. I remained in the yard between her and the drunks as they made their way past us. They were like a circus parade, loud and unpredictable. One guy made an ineffective punching motion toward me but then passed on, his attention on the next thing in his mind.

She returned to my side and said “Why are people like that?”

”They’re harmless,” I said. “They’re just looking for a human connection.”

We continued walking and were getting nearer to our destination and our conversation was so easy between us that I didn’t want it to stop. When we reached the address, the house was dark. I had obviously taken too long in my search for my friends.
”They’re gone,” I said. “I missed them.”
The woman turned to me, put both of her arms on my shoulders and asked, “So now what?”

I knew exactly what I wanted. I wanted to keep spending time with this woman, but was having a hard time with one thing. How far could a relationship go between an LIE and an SEE?