Thread: Dream Interpretation Thread

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Myst imagine your thoughts are "mental building blocks" - they're like Lego blocks. you can take them apart, rearrange them, and put them together in any which way you please and create an infinite number of (seemingly) different Lego creations, but the Lego blocks themselves don't change.

you should post your dreams on this thread =) last dream I had... my family was having dinner at an outdoor restaurant - adults talking, kids playing, dogs running - both immediate and extended. It was scenic, but it felt out of reach. I was searching for something. there were no answers, only questions. I imagine it's because my extended family is overseas in Europe while my parents immigrated out West after the war. they'll probably never be in the same place, at the same time, ever again, but they were in my dream and that's probably why it felt out of reach. It was bittersweet in its own way.

what's the last dream you had?
    Last edited by wasp; 09-08-2017 at 06:39 PM.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by super mbti user View Post
    @Myst imagine your thoughts are "mental building blocks" - they're like Lego blocks. you can take them apart, rearrange them, and put them together in any which way you please and create an infinite number of (seemingly) different Lego creations, but the Lego blocks themselves don't change.

you should post your dreams on this thread =) last dream I had... my family was having dinner at an outdoor restaurant - adults talking, kids playing, dogs running - both immediate and extended. It was scenic, but it felt out of reach. I was searching for something. there were no answers, only questions. I imagine it's because my extended family is overseas in Europe while my parents immigrated out West after the war. they'll probably never be in the same place, at the same time, ever again, but they were in my dream and that's probably why it felt out of reach. It was bittersweet in its own way.

what's the last dream you had?
    Interesting about the lego blocks, it's just that for me they aren't that freely moved... the way I put/arrange them is the real point, I don't like to change that without reason. If by any chance you were referring to how my mind can create new landscapes/sceneries in my dreams, those are not built from parts ("lego blocks") of previously seen scenes, they are truly new.

The way you analyzed your dream here is a bit like how I do it yeah, me trying to follow the thread the feeling impressions show. Like, I try to see where else I have felt the same way and see if that makes sense for making a connection in the dream.

Were you asking me to post those special dreams I tried to analyze more than usual?

Last dream, tonight I had a few but I've forgotten by now lol. Remembered them when I woke up but didn't think of them again because they weren't really all that special. If I get a good dream in the near future, I'll try to remember to post about it

Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    I dont think its impossible to interpret someone elses dream at all, I believe like Jung that there is a collective unconscious and the proof is that humans have so many similar dreams, like losing your teeth is super common, suddenly becoming naked in front of people is also one. So there are universal meanings to dreams
    Never had the one with being naked in front of people

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Last dream, tonight I had a few but I've forgotten by now lol. Remembered them when I woke up but didn't think of them again because they weren't really all that special. If I get a good dream in the near future, I'll try to remember to post about it
    I'm waiting

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wasp View Post
    I'm waiting
    I actually had an interesting one a couple of days ago. I dreamt that I expressed anger way more than ever in my life. Sure I can rage but this wasn't simply rage, I was just expressive more with it than ever in some way. Because of the things I said or more like, how I said them. It was kind of ugly emotionally. The people there were not people from actual life as far as I can remember. It was like 5-10 strangers from the street. On a bus in the woods or I got to the bus only after that...?

Then today I realize I'm still very angry at someone. I felt this before a couple weeks ago and yeah it was the most extreme ever anger but I thought it was gone. I didn't express it yet. And I still don't know how I'm going to make sure I don't actually do something truly crazy like never in my life to put closure on the issue and be able to move on.

(Noo, not talking about murdering anyone)

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    I actually had an interesting one a couple of days ago. I dreamt that I expressed anger way more than ever in my life. Sure I can rage but this wasn't simply rage, I was just expressive more with it than ever in some way. Because of the things I said or more like, how I said them. It was kind of ugly emotionally. The people there were not people from actual life as far as I can remember. It was like 5-10 strangers from the street. On a bus in the woods or I got to the bus only after that...?

Then today I realize I'm still very angry at someone. I felt this before a couple weeks ago and yeah it was the most extreme ever anger but I thought it was gone. I didn't express it yet. And I still don't know how I'm going to make sure I don't actually do something truly crazy like never in my life to put closure on the issue and be able to move on.

(Noo, not talking about murdering anyone)
    I moved on by solving the issue. Didn't have a dream about solving it tho'... that was real life