Disbelief Jung
    TIM
    Heavenly & Spiritual
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Yes, he is a shadow character. Undeveloped. So the gray hair maybe indicates that time has gone by but the boy hasn't developed. That's kindof sad. So he is a projection, but he is pointing back at me and calls me a fool. He is projecting. He is a fool himself. But that fool is me.

So what should I do? Maybe act out those sides in me so he can grow up. I should go out, get drunk and be as embarrassing as he is? Maybe something good will come out of it in the long run?
    I don't know what you should do because I don't know your life in detail.
    But I think that your subconscious could be saying to you those words because a part of you feels like that or you are subconsciously afraid of being it, insecure about certain decisions, way of living, missing things, etc.

So the thing is that you probably need to find assurance about your choose, in other words, being sure that you are choosing the right way or path in life.

That's what I can grab ofc, I'm an expert or anything.

Its a pretty curious dream but at the same time seems somehow evident that is originated in subconscious fears imo.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    If you did that, you'd be a fool. It'd be one of the kind of self-fulfilling prophecies you always read about in ancient Greek literature. Oedipus kills his father to avoid accidentally killing is father, etc. If he's got grey hair, he's probably almost dead anyways, and I don't think anyone with grey hair who's almost dead has time to grow up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Your caregiver in turn View Post
    I don't know what you should do because I don't know your life in detail.
    But I think that your subconscious could be saying to you those words because a part of you feels like that or you are subconsciously afraid of being it, insecure about certain decisions, way of living, missing things, etc.

So the thing is that you probably need to find assurance about your choose, in other words, being sure that you are choosing the right way or path in life.
    Thanks a lot for your feedback on this dream. All these different perspectives make me consider things I haven't thought of. And Slugabeds straight psychological interpretation helps me avoid too much intellectualization of this dream, and remember to take it personally. Event though I might sin against that now.

But I AM a fool. Isn't that what the dream is saying? And I am being told that by the projection itself. It seems kindof convoluted. But I do think that this boy needs attention somehow. An obnoxious child like that shouldn't just be locked up. He needs to be childish but also maybe guidance? Doesn't the gray hair indicate that he is not living in the proper time frame? Then can something be done about it?

I didn't really understand the reference to Oedipus here. I was just thinking that he needs to become more conscious. That work is done by me.

I think theres some kind of wisdom coming from him. The way he just moved his lips saying those words.

About choosing the right path in life. Being insecure. Maybe this boy can help me?

Slugabed, aargh! Yet another username change

Mythology:

- In the Sleeping Beauty fairy tale the princess is sleeping in a tower for 100 years. At the same time vegetation has grown around the tower, shielding it from the outside world. I'm thinking theres something similar in this.

- He felt like some kind of "Trixter god". Loki in Norse mythology is doing embarrassing things and accusing the gods for all kinds of things. But he is also a helper.

- The Devil in Christian mythology

- Peter Pan not wanting to grow up
    Last edited by Tallmo; 08-13-2017 at 07:39 AM.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Disbelief Jung
    TIM
    Heavenly & Spiritual
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post

Slugabed, aargh! Yet another username change
    LOL, it was accidental, I was trying to change my Title not my name and I can't fix it till 21 days latter. Also it's like ridiculously long.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Your caregiver in turn View Post
    LOL, it was accidental, I was trying to change my Title not my name and I can't fix it till 21 days latter. Also it's like ridiculously long.
    Im gonna change my username to "hi my name is tallmo and i am SEI. Nice to meet you"
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)