Quote Originally Posted by VewyScawwyNawcissist View Post
@adage
oh no we lost adage? this sucks
Yeah, I got lost irl, like real life stuff. Felt like a dream.

So mushrooms, some are poisonous, others aren't. Might represent, along with blindness, an inability to recognize good from bad. Since it's the female, also a mother, could be linked to nurturing, caring, feeling unsure in the more generaly considered feminine's aspects of life. Maybe it's about intuition, as mushrooms can be psychadelics that can lead to visions, transes, awakening experiences.
It seems the feminine aspects is at odd with the masculine for which only physical, concrete threats are understood, the mushrooms being seen as bears by the son. It's as if being affraid of whatever the mushroom represent is rejected by some part of the psych because mushrooms cannot physically hurt you, they are things you must ingest for them to have an effect.
I wonder if the blind female is linked to some fear of having a more feminine outlook on life, as it can be considered weak and abstract, it can seem unreconcilliable with strenght, making sense, living in the real hard, cruel world where bears can attack you but mushrooms can be ignored easily, even stomped without retaliating.
The mother role is often associated with self-sacrifice, it's possible the mother's blindness represents giving more importance to what the son sees, the son being younger and being part of the now. The mother is also older(hopefully : P), therefore has more experiences with life to offer but might be affraid of seeing the world through her own eyes because of being outside of time, being unsure if she offers good insights, care... older people being deemed irrelevent in western societies.
That's what I got from this.